As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chair broke, need ideas on fixing this part

ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
Part of my chair broke the other day. I've already received the replacement back piece, but I'm having issues with this little bastard here:

isffwUZ.jpg

The broken black plastic piece is what the screw is attached to. I need to immobilize it so I can get the screw out and attach the new part. I've tried holding it in place with rubber bands and silicon oven mitt but no dice so far. I don't want to damage the grey piece, so I'm a little hesitant to try cutting into the black plastic. Anyone have any tricks?

• Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    can you loop a zip tie around it?

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Tap a screw in and hold it with pliers.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Tap a screw in and hold it with pliers.
    This is correct. You’ll want a steel screw about the same size with a pointed end (self tapping)

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I didn't have much on hand, so I went back to the silicon mitt once my wife got home. I had her use the screwdriver while I held doubled up the silicone and held it against the shredded plastic. it ended up holding it still enough for her to get the screw out.