Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Safe Budgeting App

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
Does anyone have a recommendation for a safe, not recently hacked, budget tracking app?

I have a droid phone.

There was an Intuit app, which I nearly put all of my bank data into. I'm glad I did not, as they were hacked.

I'm looking for something to help me track some expenses. I have made a budget with monthly expenses, but I could benefit from something easy to keep me honest with my "fun money."

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I mean mint/intuit is good but this is the first time I've heard of intuit customer data getting hacked?

There's also YNAB (now a SaaS platform), GnuCash, HomeBank, and a whole bunch of others

I personally just use a google doc spreadsheet myself.

Ladies.
    zepherindavidsdurions
  • zepherinzepherin Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I mean mint/intuit is good but this is the first time I've heard of intuit customer data getting hacked?

There's also YNAB (now a SaaS platform), GnuCash, HomeBank, and a whole bunch of others

I personally just use a google doc spreadsheet myself.
    I second using a google doc spreadsheet.

I also have one of my bank accounts with the ability to view and transfer money to all of my others as well as all of my credit cards.

• Descendant XDescendant X Hank Facepunch Registered User regular
    I second YNAB, it's pretty great and as far as I know it's not been hacked.

Something used to be here. It's gone now.
    wonderpugDrovek
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I thought mint was part of Intuit, which was part of quicken. I might be mistaken

zepherin
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Mint is part of Intuit, yes. Quicken was part of Intuit until 2016

zepherin
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Getting mint set up, thank you for the reassurance

Something is not quite right yet, as it shows me at -900 for the month of August, but I'll getting it figured out

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Getting mint set up, thank you for the reassurance

Something is not quite right yet, as it shows me at -900 for the month of August, but I'll getting it figured out

yeah the +/- of their budget stuff is a little wonky until you've been using it for 3-4 months

Ladies.
    zepherinMugsley
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    I don't recall the specifics, but I had similar numbers issues when I first started using Mint. I believe they can't pull back data, or can only pull a limited time period.