As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Finally got 750 on my Warlock, so that's nice. It almost makes up for how many sweatlords I had to put up with in Crucible tonight.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    In this first clip in here, I headshot a guy so hard his whole team quits instantly
    https://youtu.be/0_0xdZORgH0

Something I noticed when hipfiring this Tatara, Opening Shot makes it super easy to land a body shot from the hip. So you can use it as a quick combo to strip their shields and finish with my sidearm or whatever.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    In this first clip in here, I headshot a guy so hard his whole team quits instantly
    https://youtu.be/0_0xdZORgH0

Something I noticed when hipfiring this Tatara, Opening Shot makes it super easy to land a body shot from the hip. So you can use it as a quick combo to strip their shields and finish with my sidearm or whatever.

giphy.gif

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Sorry, it's been a long day, didn't mean to double post

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    People gotta do a lot more nightfalls.
    Nightfalls require a pre-formed group right? I.e. there's no matchmaking? Because I don't know anyone even close to my timezone that I could join up with and I'm not even close to being good enough to solo something like that. Hell, I doubt I could solo the trash at the start of the Nightfall!

26904.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Nightfalls require a pre-formed group right? I.e. there's no matchmaking? Because I don't know anyone even close to my timezone that I could join up with and I'm not even close to being good enough to solo something like that. Hell, I doubt I could solo the trash at the start of the Nightfall!

Depending on your class (i.e. if you're a warlock), Strange Terrain is pretty easy to solo with arc burn and heavyweight (some people like momentum, I do not).

If you're a warlock, arc burn, heavyweight, middle tree solar, wardcliff; boss spawns, drop your well, go melee the boss, step back in your well and wardcliff. Should be insta-gib. If not use lunafactions and shoot twice. Fight ends before it starts. The only difficult part of the whole run is the ogre room before the boss, but with well, even that isn't, if you drop the knight orbs instead of throw them, the knights will respawn, and you can get all 4 at once, to throw quickly at the crystals, skipping the whole second add phase.

Also as a hunter with solar burn and brawler, as middle tree and Orpheus Rig for two melee, and just throwing all the daggers forever.

Also also, and somewhat less so, is top tree arc Titan with brawler and Skullfort. Alternately still Skullfort and grenadier, which makes the boss easier but the rest of the run a bit trickier unless you're more patient.

Then again, I soloed the thing so frequently for so long, trying to get that damn launcher, that my perspective on how "hard" they are is pretty skewed.

I wouldn't bother trying for score in any of these, but I suppose you might as well put the handicap to 210 (assuming you're 750) as it doesn't really make much difference without it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Whatever system they use for gear drops to prevent streaks from nothing dropping; they need to apply to the Black Armory "special" bounties. They're stupid rare, stupid random, and they shouldn't have put Izanami's Burden behind needing to complete one.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    This event has just reminded me that EP could be a fun routine activity if you could ever find groups for it.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    After playing on the PC for a week-ish, I've gotten accustomed to KBAM pretty well. I'm sure I've still got a long way before it is as second nature for the game as controller, but since I've been playing pc games my whole life, I just needed to shake the rust off.

But I hate Crucible on PC. I mean, really really really hate it. If I hadn't ever played Destiny before and this is what I encountered, I'd probably have moved on pretty quickly. It is just shitty and unfun. Everything has a TTK of instant, guns are so ultra accurate that ability use is dramatically lower than console, and it seems like it is nearly impossible to get into a match that isn't completely lopsided.

So I've been just closing the game and playing crucible on PS4.

And I think that's probably how it's going to be for me going forward. I refuse to play crucible on PC again, it is that bad. It doesn't play like destiny, it plays like Battlefield. All the flavor is lost and it is just turn a corner and you're dead. Maybe if you're just that much higher level of a player on PC it doesn't seem that way, but it is quite literally a different game entirely. Cool for the people who like that, but man, no.

Yeah, the feeling of "what is going on? Oh, man I just died. Respawn, and SHOOT! Dead again..." makes for a very not fun experience. I'm going to date myself, but it felt like the first time I tried Modern Warfare 2's online play.

At any rate, after getting stomped for about 10-20 ish matches, you will get better at it. Then you'll only get stomped 2/3 of time. Or if you're good, 1/2 the time.

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

What timezone and which platform? The PC based clan has folks active across a decent spread tbh

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    This event has just reminded me that EP could be a fun routine activity if you could ever find groups for it.

also isn't it the case where it's a planet-wide event, but you can't take a fireteam of more than 3 to a planet?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

also isn't it the case where it's a planet-wide event, but you can't take a fireteam of more than 3 to a planet?

All of the missions now take place right outside the top most warp in point. And with a solid team, you could easily clear the whole thing with just 3 players.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I finally finished the Redrix quest and I used in in PvP for the first time last night and I really, really like it. It's one thing to see the videos and hear the stories but it's another to actually have the perk proc and watch everything in front of you immediately die, it's a rush.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Redrix is a very feast or famine style weapon.

In many 1v1 engagements, you may find that you would have been more successful with nearly any other Pulse. But in team-shots and at a bit of Range, Redrix will sometimes spike some pretty solid damage and allow you to activate Desperado.

Once Desperado is up, however, Redrix becomes a sheer delight as you cut down enemies with absurd efficiency. It and Recluse both have that feeling that once the engine is primed, damn near anything in your sights is gonna die. Only Recluse is practically always primed.

I want a buff to Redrix very much, because I haven't used it much recently and I need to take the old girl out again.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    TW@B:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48124

THEY ARE TAKING AWAY THE DONUT OF DEATH!!!!!!!
    GODDAMN FUCKING SACRILEGE!

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    i thought everybody loved the donut

i mean i love the donut and that's what's important

also lol no new crucible set still?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I'm just glad they're finally addressing Dead Cliffs at all

Also hey, didn't realize Twilight Gap is coming back

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Other than Dead Cliffs having absolutely horrible spawn issues that make trapping super easy, I never would have guessed those are the maps they're scrapping.

Like, Retribution's main issue is that players don't make use of the exterior enough, in part because the current Heavy Ammo setup puts so much emphasis on the interior ring. And Solitude has always felt better than Meltdown, with a lot of interesting dynamics during Control matches.

But thank goodness at the described changes to Glory and its relationship to our hidden Skill Rating. And the Rank/Streak stability stuff is very similar to what I suggested they do when they first described how Comp would work, as it was very obvious progression was fucked and would benefit from drawing on the behavior of ranking systems in DCCGs (i.e. Hearthstone/Eternal).

• Options
    RUSTED LANDS WHEN

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    TW@B:

RIP to the ripest soil for gold medal farming.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    i thought everybody loved the donut

i mean i love the donut and that's what's important

also lol no new crucible set still?

Still no vendor refresh, which is kinda nuts. There really should have been, like, reskins or something for Vanguard/Crucible/Gambit every season or something.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    While it doesn't explain the lack of vendor refresh for the preceding content drops, the existence of Universal Ornaments (much like bringing back Random Rolls) puts a significant damper on the motivation to produce an abundance of new armor sets.

• Options
    FASHION REVIEW:

I am in love with the warlock moon set's wacky witch doctor mask

the raid set looks pretty crappy but might look good with shaders. There's been so many different vex sets and this is definitely not one of the best

The basic seasonal set looks like green armor, should have gone all out with the leaves

the premium set is awesome, gundam wings is good. hunter should not be allowed to have a broad chest

the iron banner set sucks, looks like a composite of every class set ever

Eververse set is very good, with highlights being titan shoulders and chest (fur is automatic win), hunter mask and cloak and warlock robe (extremely popped collar)

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Fashion counter review: the new IB set looks awesome, so all your other opinions are now suspect.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    TW@B:

bottom tree Striker not nerfed
    ya love to see it folks

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I totally forgot about bottom tree Striker. I am amazed it didn't get hit, and almost think it must have been a mistake in the notes rather than it not actually getting hit.

The idea that top-tree Sentinel is the Support class over Commander is an interesting take, but I admit that those changes sound delightful to explore in PVE and may indeed render it better than mid-tree. The Aggressor change is interesting for PVE, and seems like a low-rent Peregrine Greaves in PVP, but any buff to Sentinel is going to get my seal of approval.

I'm sad that Lumina doesn't stack with other damage buffs, because I was hoping there would be a reason to use the gun in like Raid situations, but I imagine any time DPS really matters (boss-phase) you're just going to see Well/Ward as the way to go. Oh well, Lumina, I'll still use you every now and then.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I suspect bot-tree striker isn't getting any nerfs because the general nerf to super survivability and overall length is expected to keep it in line.

Either that or those notes aren't complete and more changes are coming.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I'm not thrilled about the reduction of super gain, I think more targeted tuning would be better served than across the board slowing. Not all subclasses gain their super really fast, and the supers that produce a lot of orbs for everyone else are very specific, and in some cases need a specific exotic to trigger it. Those things could have been tinkered with but now it'll just be slower, which isn't fun!

Aside from that, I'm fine with the nerfs to other things, in general, and understand their need and purpose.

However, what consistently concerns me about it is that every single time they've brought it up, they've had an opportunity to say they're readjusting health levels of current content that was largely designed taking into account dps output that players won't be able to come close to anymore. Too many enemies (hey gambit prime) have dramatically overblown health pools because of the understanding that stacked buffs will be able to drain them faster; but if you're in a bad team and they're not working together well, those big boys can take forever to down; if that is just the way they want it to be for everyone now, I strongly disagree with that perspective. There's nothing enjoyable about pinging away at silly health pools.

There's a lot of current content that will slow down to a crawl if they don't also adjust health pools to account for the damage nerfs, and the fact they continue to not comment on it at all, is super concerning to me. I'm worried they forgot they had to do a "go fast" update for a reason, and while it wasn't really about killing enemies, there was a serious problem with how plodding everything was in Destiny 2 at launch, particularly compared to Destiny 1, that I'd just assume they not return to. I'd be fine if it wasn't even a 1:1 balance (i.e. they don't need to reduce enemy/boss health by a % equal to the damage output reduction), but at least some reassurance that they're not going to leave current health pools as-is in the face of dramatically lower damage via no more stacking buffs and auto-reload going away.

EDIT: What the hell is a "donut of death"?

EDITEDIT: I actually think the raid gear looks great. Granted, I wasn't playing in CoO so I don't have that eververse gear to really compare it to, but at a glance, it looks to me as clearly more than just a reskin. The IB gear also looks great, better than anything thus far, that I can think of, from IB in D2. The fancy pants Vex gear obviously looks amazing, and a hoodless hunter cape is the best thing. Is that last set silver only or something? Just says eververse. It's a little...much. It looks neat, just, there's a lot going on there. And for the moon gear I only really like the titan one. That's fine though, no lack of other gear for hunter/warlock.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm really encouraged by the removal of stacking buffs. When you're playing Gambit Prime, you might think "oh, I should switch to a buffing class for the Primeval, nobody else is doing that." But what you don't think is "what if the entire enemy team is stacking buffs and this is about to be a x2 buff vs a x32 stacked buff?"

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Bottom tree striker untouched. Middle tree striker actually gets a mild nerf. Bottom tree sentinel gets a suppressing shoulder charge.

Sigh. Crucible gonna continue to be Titan dominated at higher levels or comp

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Between all the orbs (even the smaller MW orbs from guns), perks like Pump Action/Light Reactor, Super Mods, and some base abilities like bottom tree Golden Gun that speed up super Regen, I think I'm ok with a nerf.

When I run Nightstalker and I'm killing it using Erentil + Light Reactor + 5 Super Mods, I can get my Tether in 2:30. Of course Tether charges faster than other supers but it's still silly.

• Options
    Ok just got home and read all the changes for PvP

Tether kills on hit again, hallelujah

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Super recharges needed to be hit

Stacking 5x Super Mods + Light Reactor/Remote Connection/Pump Action + masterwork orbs is just silly. Using Erentil, I would regularly have stormtrance up a good 30-45 seconds ahead of literally anyone else in the match. The time that dodge played with me I think he literally went "wait what, how do you already have that" a few times.

Not everyone is doing that, sure, but honestly the crazy stacking cases by the informed playerbase somewhat ruins the game for everyone else.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I see there is a group for running the Scourge + Last Wish on Saturday, but its at the crack of dawn for the east coast. Would anyone be down for running those at a later time slot on ps4 this weekend/next weekend?

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Saw a post on reddit that pointed out in the new 3v3 competitive, a single Titan can shut down an entire team of supers by running suppressors and armamentarium. Two grenades plus the shoulder charge suppresses too.

I might pre-emptively quit pvp now

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So if running 5 x Super mods and weapon +super on kill was the reason for this... Maybe nerf that shit on its own instead?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    So if running 5 x Super mods and weapon +super on kill was the reason for this... Maybe nerf that shit on its own instead?

Seriously. I suspect that you're easily talking less than 5% of the total PvP population has any kind of set up like that. Really, I suspect it is sub 1%, but I was trying to be safe.

Especially since I suspect super mods are going to be different in the 2.0 armor stuff.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So these changes are for PVP right, they're not fucking up PVE fun as a result of PVP?

• Options
    Intellect is also a thing now. You can stack it on your armour to lower your super recharge rate.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    One of my favourite things was chaning supers at Totems in the king's fall raid and finding at the end it was a sea of glowing orbs.

More orbs, more supers!