As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    Shoutout to the insecure guy with Not Forgotten who sent me pre-match hatemail during ~1000 glory competitive last night.

You probably need a hug.

You can't say this and not tell us what he said, even if just a paraphrase.

Also that armor is pretty dope but that's pretty clearly a skirt on that Warlock; I love robes, I'm way into the old FWC duster (GIVE IT BACK TO ME AS AN ORNAMENT BUNGIE) but I don't know how I feel about a literal skirt.

The message was just "no skill".

I was a bottom tree striker titan with one eye mask, five super mods, two fusion scavengers, erentil and wardcliff coil. Preparation is clearly a skill so I don't know what his problem was!

Obviously the problem was with your primary, as you conveniently left that info out of your loadout. ;-)

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Not a fan of the Vex armor, it looks in a lot of ways like armor we've already gotten. There's some differences sure, but I feel like a lot of armor just looks too similar to other sets we already have. Which isn't to say I'm always a fan of when they do something new (the slathered in moon garbage set) but other times (Black Armory, BA Raid) it does work out really well.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that armor, but I also have never gotten around to actually doing any raids, so its not like I'm really worried much what it looks like.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Shoutout to the insecure guy with Not Forgotten who sent me pre-match hatemail during ~1000 glory competitive last night.

You probably need a hug.

Also that armor is pretty dope but that's pretty clearly a skirt on that Warlock; I love robes, I'm way into the old FWC duster (GIVE IT BACK TO ME AS AN ORNAMENT BUNGIE) but I don't know how I feel about a literal skirt.

I was a bottom tree striker titan with one eye mask, five super mods, two fusion scavengers, erentil and wardcliff coil. Preparation is clearly a skill so I don't know what his problem was!

Obviously the problem was with your primary, as you conveniently left that info out of your loadout. ;-)

Primary? He said he had Erentil

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

You probably need a hug.

Well done, good sir, well done.

Circling back to the message that Arteen received, having been using the erentil for a bit now, I can safely say that there is some skill involved. There's been a bit of only 2ish bolts connecting on enemies running perpendicular to me...

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Is there any reason to do the tribute hall dailies after hitting 80%?

I'm not quite there (71) but I'm curious if the reward changes after, or if it's just glimmer.

EDIT: maintenance for cross save postponed? Wonder what that means. api doesn't seem to be working well either way.

EDIT2: also is there any use for imperials after you've maxed your chalice? I've only got the 8k slot left and I'm more than halfway there.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular

You probably need a hug.

Circling back to the message that Arteen received, having been using the erentil for a bit now, I can safely say that there is some skill involved. There's been a bit of only 2ish bolts connecting on enemies running perpendicular to me...

I just had a max range feeding frenzy kill clip blast furnace drop from a forge yesterday. With my luck last night in comp, I'm planning to run it with Jotunn to try and get these last 200ish glory points.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    El Mucho wrote: »

You probably need a hug.

I just had a max range feeding frenzy kill clip blast furnace drop from a forge yesterday. With my luck last night in comp, I'm planning to run it with Jotunn to try and get these last 200ish glory points.

When will you try that? If it'll be in 8ish hours, I may be able to play wingman again.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

I'm not quite there (71) but I'm curious if the reward changes after, or if it's just glimmer.

EDIT: maintenance for cross save postponed? Wonder what that means. api doesn't seem to be working well either way.

As far as I've been able to figure out there's literally no point to any of the Tribute Hall stuff once you hit 80% and have earned/bought and placed all the tributes. After that the only reason to go there is the firing range aspect.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »

You probably need a hug.

When will you try that? If it'll be in 8ish hours, I may be able to play wingman again.

Tonight for sure. I can't really get on until about 9 pm CST if you're around I'll shoot you a message.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

EDIT2: also is there any use for imperials after you've maxed your chalice? I've only got the 8k slot left and I'm more than halfway there.

Once your Chalice is maxed out, anything that awards Imperials will instead award Runes

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options

Once your Chalice is maxed out, anything that awards Imperials will instead award Runes

I've got more than 40 of each of the 12 runes. I have no idea how I will get rid of them. I can't foresee myself running the menagerie 160 times in a row without doing something different. *shrug*

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I can get all my accounts linked and pick my main one, but when I try to link it throws a help page error. Probably getting slammed so I'll come back in a bit.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Worked fine for me though it forced me to verify my never played destiny xbox account that was linked to my bungie account from Halo days in the past. That was a little annoying.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Hmm weird. I tried again and now the Steam authorization is throwing an error, despite working earlier. Whatever.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, Steam authorization is universally broken, going by Twitter. Gonna' try again later...looking forward to being able to play on my Xbox when I can't get downstairs to my PC.

edit: and they've just announced they're extending the maintenance window to look at the errors

twmjr on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Well, I assume this is why cross-save is dropping like one and a half months before it's actually needed. Get the bugs fixed now.

• Options
    I'm kinda tempted to download Destiny on steam just to see what the licenseless hellscape looks like.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    It seems like cross save is working now; I was able to set my b.net as my active guardians.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’ve successfully linked my Xbox account and my Steam account, and activated cross save.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Yep, I got it too. Neat.

Here's hoping they let us take any character, new or old, through New Light. I want to be able to skip my Alts straight to the new stuff, and get rid of all these notifications in my director.

• Options
    Seems like you can't start it until you authenticate all 4 platforms for some reason.

And when I try to do so, when I authenticate the 4th, one or two of the others is suddenly not authenticated, and so on.

• Options
    Yep, I got it too. Neat.

Here's hoping they let us take any character, new or old, through New Light. I want to be able to skip my Alts straight to the new stuff, and get rid of all these notifications in my director.

The new D1 tutorial is for new characters only so I'd assume that tracks for the other stuff too.

• Options
    Seems like you can't start it until you authenticate all 4 platforms for some reason.

And when I try to do so, when I authenticate the 4th, one or two of the others is suddenly not authenticated, and so on.

I had that issue at first, but eventually I just went to PSN and Steam and logged in to their sites directly. Then when it opened the authorization page it went through without removing the others. It did not make me link battle.net, since I don't have one anyways.

• Options

I think you have to authenticate all accounts linked to your Bungie log in. I only had to do three because I never linked my blizzard log in to anything Bungie but had to do my Xbox one even though it's been like a five years since I touched it.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    d9l9ai7addd1.png

:(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019

I had that issue at first, but eventually I just went to PSN and Steam and logged in to their sites directly. Then when it opened the authorization page it went through without removing the others. It did not make me link battle.net, since I don't have one anyways.

I'm already signed into everything. The only one that keeps making me relog is xbox live.

I'll just try again later, I don't need cross save right now anyway.

EDIT: Just unliked my bnet account and let me through, but then gave me the same error as hardtarget at the end.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    kinda shitty i'm gonna lose my 1000 silver that I never spent on anything. I still say this should be a merge and I don't care how hard it would have been to do it :)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Oh I got it to work.

And it booted me out of the game. :lol:

So wait, once I relinked my battle.net account, can I now play my PS4 characters on that version?

Or no, since I don't have forsaken/annual pass?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    It was surprisingly scary to hit the merge button on Bungie’s page.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    It was surprisingly scary to hit the merge button on Bungie’s page.

I just logged in on Xbox to make sure nothing screwy happened, lol

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

You probably need a hug.

Tactical kilt innit. Warlocks finally get to be operator.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    kinda shitty i'm gonna lose my 1000 silver that I never spent on anything. I still say this should be a merge and I don't care how hard it would have been to do it :)

why not just spend it first, this isn't a limited time offer

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »

why not just spend it first, this isn't a limited time offer

If it isn't the account with guardians they're keeping then it doesn't matter. Nothing they spend it on will merge into the account they use.

• Options
    New info out of Gamescon:
    This is actually pretty fun and still blows my mind a little bit. Artifacts have no limit on how much Power they can give you. As you get more levels, they'll cost more and more XP. So players are going to go through a similar climb that they did with Forsaken. They're going to hit the soft cap at 900, then they're going to get gear through pinnacle activities until they hit the hard cap of 960. After that, through the Artifact contributions of Power, they can get to even higher levels. Players will show us how far they can get.

I can see the LFG posts already requiring absolutely absurd light levels from artifacts.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    But doesn't the PVE damage curve cease at like +50? And it could suck for Power-enabled PVP.

Still I like the idea of some Over 9000 style moments with the hardest of hardcore.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'd be fine if they said "oh hey light level enabled PvP is stupid and we're not doing it anymore" because honestly does anyone enjoy it? It's frustrating early in the season for people who can't grind super fast, frustrating in the middle of the season because you've got to infuse up the PvP gear you like and resources like enhancement cores can be scarce, and completely meaningless at the end of the season when everyone who cares is at max level.

• Options
    There's no good way to balance LL enabled PvP, it seems. Make the difference too steep, and it's super punishing to anyone who isn't max level/has everything infused up. Make it matter too little and there's hardly a point to it. I'm cool with them doing away with LL enabled PvP altogether until the day they can figure out a decent balance, or just retire that all together. The one place it would make sense is Gambit, since it's a hybrid of PvE/PvP.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Light Level enabled PVP is only good when I have an advantage, not a disadvantage.

(therefore it is terrible)

That said, I enjoyed the Iron Burden quest and am still annoyed they made the emblem impossible to get.