As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 2.6.0.4

GENERAL
    • Fixed an issue where certain characters in player names and clan fields could cause Squirrel and Weasel errors
    • Clan names should no longer be truncated
    • Fixed an issue where Nightmare hunts Time Trial Master triumph would not progress correctly
    • Fixed an issue where Nightfall: The Ordeal would not drop a powerful reward for players who had already completed the Vanguard Strikes Challenge
    • Fixed an issue that provoked the temporary deactivation of rally banners and the “Tire Game” in the Sanctuary vendor space on the Moon
    • Fixed an issue where the Servitor spawning in the Gofannon forge could crash the game
    • Fixed an issue where running the game as an admin could create a "steam_appid.txt" file that would cause a crash
    • Tuned matchmaking in patrol destinations to increase player population

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Moon Patrols definitely feel more populous. I know pre-Shadowkeep they had talked about designing Patrol spaces with lower Player counts in mind, but I guess they must have made that function of the matchmaker a bit too restrictive.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    That tuned player count is going to be nice. It was rare I'd see more than 1 or 2 other people in a zone this past week, even a flashpoint.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Came back to try the changes. totally lost in new quests, but overall think the changes seem decent. Infusion slightly less BS. Are flashpoints not a thing now? One of my quests says complete a challenge and I'm not sure what that menas in the new system.

Flashpoints still exist, but you need to hit 900 before the Powerful challenges start to appear as options

Challenges now are pretty much the old Milestones

Ah, ty. That was the missing piece. I think I barely cracked 760 last night.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It's fun to have ten or twelve people whomping on the same public event. Yeah it trivializes it, yeah it probably isn't how you designed it, but who cares, it's real fun.

• Options
    In case anyone was wondering and/or needed a good laugh:

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

That just that's the best.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Potentially the most destiny thing to ever happen, short of them just straight up disabling Shadowshot in D1

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Moon Patrols definitely feel more populous. I know pre-Shadowkeep they had talked about designing Patrol spaces with lower Player counts in mind, but I guess they must have made that function of the matchmaker a bit too restrictive.

I wondered why the moon public events seemed super easy

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Came back to try the changes. totally lost in new quests, but overall think the changes seem decent. Infusion slightly less BS. Are flashpoints not a thing now? One of my quests says complete a challenge and I'm not sure what that menas in the new system.

Flashpoints still exist, but you need to hit 900 before the Powerful challenges start to appear as options

Challenges now are pretty much the old Milestones

Ah, ty. That was the missing piece. I think I barely cracked 760 last night.

Until 900 you just want lots of blues. Lost Sectors/PEs/strikes are all good ways to generate them.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019

Classic cross-functional team phone game. Each person responsible for each part heard or interpreted a different thing and didn't bother to cross-check. Then QA didn't catch it.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    figured comp might be a good shout with everyone in IB, 2 games and 2 drop outs from my team. 2nd game the fucker left right after we lost the first round. its bad enough that comp is required for seasonal seal without this fucking bullshit.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

Classic cross-functional team phone game. Each person responsible for each part heard or interpreted a different thing and didn't bother to cross-check. Then QA didn't catch it.

I've noticed a few lately. The Distribution and Perpetuation icons got swapped. The Veist Poison Shimmer icon and another Veist shader icon got swapped.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    figured comp might be a good shout with everyone in IB, 2 games and 2 drop outs from my team. 2nd game the fucker left right after we lost the first round. its bad enough that comp is required for seasonal seal without this fucking bullshit.

It's prob worse time to do Comp since there's less casual players in the pool, they're all over in IB. By the time the weekend rolls around you'll see it even out as people finish their IB stuff and move back to the other queues.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

It's prob worse time to do Comp since there's less casual players in the pool, they're all over in IB. By the time the weekend rolls around you'll see it even out as people finish their IB stuff and move back to the other queues.

i mean we weren't that outmatched. first match we started off trading rounds, us winning first. our 3rd dropped after we went 2-1 up and we managed to make it 3-1 before the turnaround kicked in. first round of the second match was kinda even but hard to tell how the rest of it would have gone when we lost someone so early.

i can put the first one down to a bad connection. hell, my internet just cut out for a bit there but at least mine had the decency to do it between matches. the 2nd fucker though, i'm pretty sure they just up and quit on us.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I got through the SMG quest step and it's now telling me to use Grenade Launchers, but either Mountaintop and Fightenin' Lion don't count or... I need to use something else now.

Cool.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    PS4 Arcadians - I see that you're online and grouped up for IB - really want to join up but can only play a quick one, so I won't hassle ya with hopping in and out for one match. But hope you guys are having fun!

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    I got through the SMG quest step and it's now telling me to use Grenade Launchers, but either Mountaintop and Fightenin' Lion don't count or... I need to use something else now.

Cool.

That's exactly what this tweet is about. That step is supposed to be Grenade Launcher kills (or Super kills?) but it's busted and counts SMG kills.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »

Cool.

That's exactly what this tweet is about. That step is supposed to be Grenade Launcher kills (or Super kills?) but it's busted and counts SMG kills.
    Oh, I thought surely it would just be the text description that's messed up and they wouldn't have duplicate quest steps.

I had all that fun running triple Grenade Launchers for nothing.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I feel like I’m about to get destroyed in IB, but here I go. Might as well since I need 25 kills for the Ace of Spades quest.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    PS4 Arcadians - I see that you're online and grouped up for IB - really want to join up but can only play a quick one, so I won't hassle ya with hopping in and out for one match. But hope you guys are having fun!

Psssh if you see me on feel free to hop in and out if we’re running IB

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    I love Iron Banner so much.

And I got Hard Light as a random drop! I like that rotating weapon damage perk.

• Options
    That feeling when you’ve lost 9 in a row and your Season 8: First Watch bounty is still at 0/5 wins a week after picking it up . . .

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Someone a few pages back, that I now can't find, posted a series of "easy" to get PvP meta load out videos. Anyone have those handy?

I know I'm going to be dragged in to Iron Banana this week, I might as well prep a load out.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Seriously what is up with these teams. I’ve gotten mercied in 3 out of 5 games.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Someone a few pages back, that I now can't find, posted a series of "easy" to get PvP meta load out videos. Anyone have those handy?

I know I'm going to be dragged in to Iron Banana this week, I might as well prep a load out.

Don’t know about meta, you can take my MIDA from my hunter’s dead hands, but here’s what I used/using for quests:

Spectacle: I used MIDA/Mini Tool
    Intent (Pulse Rifle Kills): Last Perdition (Moving Target/Rampage)
    Timing (Fusion Rifle): Wizened Rebuke (Under Pressure/Backup Plan)

Currently on SMG kills using Riskrunner with catalyst. Weapon mods I used Targeting Adjustor. Armor mods were Precision or Weapon Targeting, Unflinching Rifle Aim.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I dislike that I have to complete scour the rust to get engrams. I've got a huge pile of tokens doing nothing.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Is Impenetrable Bobwhite still PL-enabled? I haven't done any crucible in a while and am going to be bad enough without being 40ish levels below the pack.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Is Impenetrable Bobwhite still PL-enabled? I haven't done any crucible in a while and am going to be bad enough without being 40ish levels below the pack.

It is.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    We smashed the raid again. Look closely at what we are holding.

bceltsyoc538.jpg

And this happened.

t6y629kyjdw8.jpg

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Fuck’s sake, calm down on the leveling!

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Pro tip: Rushing C at the start of the match on twilight gap with Telesto results in hilarity. Good quest progress too!

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I’m at like level 45? Damn. Y’all are going hard.

Can report a successful raid boss clear last night. So much smoother playing with friends than lfg fandoms, good grief. Our voice even died halfway through and we still cleared no problem.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    2000 silver to boost your character to 900 Light eh? That's certainly a sum of money that Bungle has chosen there.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    2000 silver to boost your character to 900 Light eh? That's certainly a sum of money that Bungle has chosen there.

That's weird. Hitting the soft cap of 900 is the easiest it's ever been and takes almost no time.

Edit: Plus you basically hit 900 just playing the campaign of Shadowkeep, which you have to play anyways. So you'd be paying 2000 silver to hit 900, then go and do the thing you'd have to do anyways to hit 900. That makes no sense!!

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    AHAHAHA, 20 BUCKS? Are they fucking cracked?

edit: I get that they need to make a buck here or there, but jesus, that's the worst value ever. Put all the old Eververse armor up for a reasonable price already, all of it, not just one or two suits.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Seems more like it’s preying on the ignorance of players who don’t realize how very easy it is to reach 900, rather than offer a considerable time saver.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    If you don't enjoy leveling up from 750 to 900, you won't enjoy the game and thus should not be paying extra money for that. Full stop.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    It's really funny to me having the little icon next my Titan on the character select screen since right now he's at about 840. Like Bungle are sidling over to me and nudging me in the ribs all "Oh c'mon, £16 to save the hard graft of getting over that 60 light wall? a bargain at twice the price squire!".

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    My first Saladin package via tokens got me enhanced hand cannon targetting. I got enhanced bow flinch and enhanced bomber as well. ~200 tokens spent?

Blew 600 or so tokens. Came away with...

Enhanced Rocket loader
    Enhanced Grenade Loader
    Enhanced Hand Cannon Dexterity
    Enhanced Shotgun Dexterity
    Enhanced Rocket Launcher Dexterity
    Enhanced Hand Cannon Targetting
    Enhanced Sniper Targetting
    Enhanced Linear Fusion Targetting
    Enhanced Unflinching Bow
    Enhanced Bomber

Did all of his quest and bounties in one night, it's quite a bit easier this time around. Definitely knocking out Silimar's Design this time around.

Nosf on