As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's 2022 but [Snugglehug] never changes nsf56k

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »

I love when pets give reactions to magic tricks. That dog looking at the camera as if to say, "are you seeing this shit?"

There was a video a while back of someone doing tricks to a bunch of different dogs, and my favorite part was that only the smart dogs were freaked out. The dumb ones were pretty much "well of course the human can do magic, right?"

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Sound

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    EZ3rvhdWoAIWhrt?format=jpg&name=large

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I don't think that looks snugglehug. The dog looks highly uncomfortable.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    fuckin sick jncos bro

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Yeah because someone took a picture of him before he could get his puka shell necklace.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »

Yeah because someone took a picture of him before he could get his puka shell necklace.

And his Sublime tattoo isn't even in the shot

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    My new bird Taco, falling asleep in her seed box after a big day moving house.

h5pU8VKl.jpg

broken image link
  • Options
    The swedish king knows what's important.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    A king may look at a cat.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    I need help, Snugglehug thread! A baby bird fell out of it's nest in our backyard and is now hoping around the front yard while the (presumably) parent birds fly around chirping. Little guy doesn't seem to be able to fly yet, he has some feathers but also still some down. I had managed to get him to hop in a box that I placed in the tree we think he fell from, but then he stopped moving and chirping and the parents didn't seem to realized I had moved him back to the tree - they just keep flying back and forth between the telephone lines chirping.

So, I put the box back out and in the second I set it down and went to tear up some bread to try and get the parents down to the ground, he hopped out and is now doing his thing again, hopping and chirping.

What's the best course of action here?

Here's a pic of when I had placed the box in the tree. Spoiler for large.
    MavQLcG.jpg

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I need help, Snugglehug thread! A baby bird fell out of it's nest in our backyard and is now hoping around the front yard while the (presumably) parent birds fly around chirping. Little guy doesn't seem to be able to fly yet, he has some feathers but also still some down. I had managed to get him to hop in a box that I placed in the tree we think he fell from, but then he stopped moving and chirping and the parents didn't seem to realized I had moved him back to the tree - they just keep flying back and forth between the telephone lines chirping.

So, I put the box back out and in the second I set it down and went to tear up some bread to try and get the parents down to the ground, he hopped out and is now doing his thing again, hopping and chirping.

What's the best course of action here?

Here's a pic of when I had placed the box in the tree. Spoiler for large.
    MavQLcG.jpg

@mayabird any advice here?

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    http://www.birdandmoon.com/comic/found-a-baby-bird/

The parents are likely freaking out about your presence than the baby.

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

This lines up pretty much with what we decided to do, which was just let the little guy do his own thing while keeping an eye on him from the office window as best he could. Last I saw he had hopped under a rose bush and I'm pretty sure I saw one of the bigger ones land right by there, so assuming all is well.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Sea Otter makes themself at home:

Catdoku:

• Options
    Given how tame mustelids like to go for toes/fingers I would not feel that my toes were safe if an otter was sitting that close.

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

This lines up pretty much with what we decided to do, which was just let the little guy do his own thing while keeping an eye on him from the office window as best he could. Last I saw he had hopped under a rose bush and I'm pretty sure I saw one of the bigger ones land right by there, so assuming all is well.

Good call. Baby birbs have been falling out of trees for far longer than people have been around to think about putting them back up there. Figure things will mostly work themselves out in that situation.

• Options
  • Options
    Man, there have been so many good doggos down the centuries.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Look at the pot belly!

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Look at the pot belly!

And his stubby little legs!

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    it's a Techichi dog

ancient mexican breed that chihuahuas are likely descended from

• Options
    I learned today that the "fattened dog" was a common motif in Colima pottery and that I should not have looked into it because the reasons are not snugglehug at all.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    We went for a bike ride on the weekend; at the top we stopped for snacks, and some sort of little ground squirrel came along to see if we had snacks for him. We did not have snacks for him. We did, however, have bikes, so he went to investigate those instead:

vfQzRc2.jpg

But they were not tasty, despite him giving it a try:
    98Jh8Mh.jpg

• Options
    Thats a chipmunk!

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the thing about nests is that you shouldn't think of them as a bird's home, more like a baby crib. Those babies want to get out of the crib as soon as they can. Birds fledge once they are ready to get out of the nest and don't want to go back, but the parents keep an eye on them and feed them for upwards of a month afterward, like any parents caring for the kids while they go through awkward adolescence (though at least human puberty doesn't have a stage of "my poops are now messy liquid instead of the neat packets in membranes like they used to be").

Unless there's some clear and present danger like "a cat is about to pounce on that bird" it's usually best to leave the chicks alone.

• Options

The boss said, "NO CALLS!"

BYucPJ2.jpg

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That's phenomenal video quality!

Also, what kind of cat is the larger one? Is that the same as the cat that ran around in the rain in that one video that made the rounds recently?

• Options
    Looks like a Savannah Cat, I think

• Options
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Looks like a Savannah Cat, I think
    Ive heard they act more like dogs than cats. You can walk them on a leash, and they are less timid about water.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    After mastering fire and defeating the australian army Emus are posed to take over the earth.

• Options

Maru Tries To Balance on a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjJp0FWfq5U

Sad Kitty Underwater Meows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvxCU_lQwKM

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    The rare aquatic zoomies.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    So did some new gif algorithm just drop or something? I feel like I've been seeing some weirdly hi-def 120 fps gifs floating around lately.

I mean, look at the pixels on that doggo.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.