As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's 2022 but [Snugglehug] never changes nsf56k

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Spa Day:

"Oh shit I ripped it's scalp off! I can't go to solitary again!"

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Thread, meet Percy.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    He's perfect

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    look at those paws! That puppers is like a little elephant!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    We got our first applicant for one of our fosters! I need to call them but I'm scared I'll ruin it somehow. I've written down all the questions I want to ask though.

Edit: We've set up a time for them to come see the kitten and I am terrified of fucking this up.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Question one: Psst. Hey, buddy. Wanna cat?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I like how any other type of puppy would be galloping towards a new person

basset puppy is just like "gonna waddle my way over to you, it's gonna be good when I finally get there"

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    basset hounds have like the perfect energy level for me

they'd be my ideal pupper to own if it weren't for their demon-like howls of death

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Spotted Dragon:

Wee!

H2OklQF.gif

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Potential adopters coming on Sunday. I'm freaking out about the mess my house is in. Sigh.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

they'd be my ideal pupper to own if it weren't for their demon-like howls of death

Don't be fooled by their goofy looking short legs or long ears.
    They were bred as hunting dogs.
    They will drag you down the street if they get a scent they're curious about.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Duck keeps pulling all his fur out near his tail still itching so badly.

I'm really worried about him at this point.

Is clearly not fleas as they would be easy to see now with so little fur on his back.

He's got a vet appointment but not for another like two weeks because our vet is all booked up.

I hope it isn't anything super serious, maybe just allergies? Then it should just be a cheap shot every 6 months to a year?

I just want him to feel better. He got up on my lap this morning and had me pet him really hard from his head all the way to his tail, I think it was helping him scratch his itchiness. My poor boy.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    First adopters backed out before visiting, but it actually turned out OK in my opinion, because the reason they backed out was so that they could adopt the brother of the kitten they already adopted. Which honestly they should have done to begin with! If you're getting two cats anyway, get siblings so they're already bonded. So I'm glad they made that decision. It also takes away some of the panic of this very busy week for me.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    sound

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Sound On:

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Duck keeps pulling all his fur out near his tail still itching so badly.

I'm really worried about him at this point.

Is clearly not fleas as they would be easy to see now with so little fur on his back.

He's got a vet appointment but not for another like two weeks because our vet is all booked up.

I hope it isn't anything super serious, maybe just allergies? Then it should just be a cheap shot every 6 months to a year?

I just want him to feel better. He got up on my lap this morning and had me pet him really hard from his head all the way to his tail, I think it was helping him scratch his itchiness. My poor boy.

Is there anything over the counter you can do for him like get some coconut oil or something to help sooth the skin? I'm not sure what works on cats, so do your research, but hopefully there is something that can help!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

they're also, unfortunately, another breed which has been really fucked up by the fancy

they just have a ton of health problems

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Dog meets Cat
    2020-11-02.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Oh, Jotaro! You're approaching me?

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Oh LAWD he comin'

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Oh LAWD he comin'

The Round Mound of Representative Democracy

• Options
    This isn't entirely snugglehuggy, but it is cat related so I figured it belongs here: We keep our black cat fosters in a bathroom. Two nights ago they somehow managed to both turn on the sink and put in the sink stopper. And I didn't realize it, but none of our bathroom sinks have an overflow drain.

By the time Zach found out about it, half of our downstairs was flooded. This isn't too terrible because it is being covered by insurance. And we had already cleaned out the upstairs bathroom to keep Liam separate because of a little bleeding scare we had after his neuter. So they're all back together upstairs, and industrial fans are running downstairs.

Needless to say, we turned the water off on the upstairs bathroom to keep this from repeating.

Upside is that I can have the downstairs redone in tile like I've been wanting to do since we moved in, and most everything has already been pulled out by the recovery company.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    1. How did the cats handle being in a flooding bathroom?
    2. No overflow stoppers and no bathroom floor drain? Non-scandinavian engineering is weird.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    This isn't entirely snugglehuggy, but it is cat related so I figured it belongs here: We keep our black cat fosters in a bathroom. Two nights ago they somehow managed to both turn on the sink and put in the sink stopper. And I didn't realize it, but none of our bathroom sinks have an overflow drain.

By the time Zach found out about it, half of our downstairs was flooded. This isn't too terrible because it is being covered by insurance. And we had already cleaned out the upstairs bathroom to keep Liam separate because of a little bleeding scare we had after his neuter. So they're all back together upstairs, and industrial fans are running downstairs.

Needless to say, we turned the water off on the upstairs bathroom to keep this from repeating.

Upside is that I can have the downstairs redone in tile like I've been wanting to do since we moved in, and most everything has already been pulled out by the recovery company.

Almost a catastrophe! :P

Now is there any other work you need doing around there that would be covered by act of cat?

• Options
    1. How did the cats handle being in a flooding bathroom?
    2. No overflow stoppers and no bathroom floor drain? Non-scandinavian engineering is weird.

1) They climbed on top of the toilet and hung out there until we rescued them.
    2) Yeah neither. Floor drains would be rad but most houses I've lived in do not have those in bathrooms. The one exception was the house I grew up in, which was built in the 1920s. So I guess old American houses had drains, then one day someone decided it wasn't worth the effort? Don't ask me.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Hey I'm sure not having an overflow drain saved the previous owner at *least* $10. Totally worth it.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2020
    It requires extra plumbing so I guess at some point builders decided it would be quicker and cheaper to skimp out.

In random snugglehug news, I've parked myself in a courtyard near a cupcake shop to do some work and couldn't figure out why it seemed like every single customer there had a dog
    turned out they make doggie cupcakes (pupcakes)! I'm very happy about this.

tynic on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

bapbapbapbapbapbapbap

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/platypuses-glow-uv-light.html

2kocwv4vjjxv.jpg

Under visible light a platypus’s extremely dense fur — which insulates and protects them in cold water — is a drab brown, so the trippy glow revealed under UV light on a stuffed museum specimen was a big surprise.

Biofluorescence — absorbing and re-emitting light as a different color — is widespread in fish, amphibians, birds and reptiles. But the trait is much rarer in mammals, and this is the first evidence of biofluorescence in egg-laying mammals, also known as monotremes, scientists reported in a new study.

More superpowers for the platypus

Peas on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So it's UV reflective on top of being a mammal, billed, egglaying and having venemous thumbclaws.

Never satisfied with the attention, eh Mr.Platypus?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I bet the average platypus doesn't know they're UV reflective. A few of them are super fuckin' haughty about it though.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Okay, so after learning about chameleon bones last year, and now platypuses glow.
    Do we just need to devote a handful of scientists to wandering around with UV lights to see what else glows?

• Options
    Did you know that geckos stick to surfaces because their feet are covered in millions of tiny hairs? Nature is fuckin' wild.

This discussion has been closed.