As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I Can't Believe I Just Ate That All (ITT: Obscene Meals)

msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Social Entropy++
I just returned from the Waffle House. I ate:
  • Two eggs (sunny side up)
  • Three pieces of bacon
  • Triple order of hash browns
  • Two pieces toast
  • Pecan waffle
  • Regular waffle
  • Two cups of coffee

I feel like I'm going to have a coronary.

Discuss.

msuitepyon on

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    World's Thickest Shake

#pipe on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    Fatty

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    wuss

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Fatty

Maybe...

Or I was really hungry.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sheri wrote: »
    Uuugh Waffle House

Nothing wrong with WaHo.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    msuitepyon wrote: »
    Fatty

Maybe...

Or I was really hungry.

yeah, to feed your fat

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have some toaster waffles in the cupboard.

I might have them tonight for dessert.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Fatty

Maybe...

Or I was really hungry.

yeah, to feed your fat

This was an epic, once-in-a-year-or-so humongous meal.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    waffle houses are were I let it all loose

i get my hashbrowns smothered and covered
    big stack of chocolate chip waffles
    steak omellet
    jug of orange juice
    plate full of sausage

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I think the most I've spent (without tip) is about $8. It's crazy how much you can get for so little.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    when i said i only tip if I get good service people looked at me like i was crazy

you know, that's what tip is for isn't it

good service

if there's no one else in the resteraunt and my meal still took 4 hours to get out here and you never refilled my drink once then I don't see why you get 15% of what I paid for my meal

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have trouble even finishing one of my homemade waffles most of the time because they are so big

they don't even fit completely on the plate unless you cut them into pieces first

I ate two of them once but all that kept me going was a sense of duty; I wasn't enjoying it after the first one and a half

redhead on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    when i said i only tip if I get good service people looked at me like i was crazy

you know, that's what tip is for isn't it

good service

if there's no one else in the resteraunt and my meal still took 4 hours to get out here and you never refilled my drink once then I don't see why you get 15% of what I paid for my meal

Yeah. The grill guy started my order as I ordered it, and the server was really nice, so I gave 'em a $5 tip.

The grill guy screwed up my waffle (first didn't have pecans) but the server just gave it to me with my pecan waffle. I'd say they had earned it.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    yeah exactly
    people who deserve it get tips

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I rarely tip, except for taxis and if i cant be bothered waiting for change. Unless the service is awesome, which it never is in the UK

plus tips arent really expected here so much...i actually dont get american's apparent obsession with tipping

Quirk on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    so i had this house specialty Lowenschnitzel at the Lowenbrau Kellar. it was pretty fucking big. add it on top of a litre stein of freshly chugged beer and i was stuffed

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Quirk wrote: »
    I rarely tip, except for taxis and if i cant be bothered waiting for change. Unless the service is awesome, which it never is in the UK

plus tips arent really expected here so much...i actually dont get american's apparent obsession with tipping

we tip because servers get paid jack shit and are expected to make their money off tips

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Quirk wrote: »

Look dipshit, did it ever occur to you that waitstaff might possibly be paid differently in the states than they are in the UK? Maybe it's not an "obsession" as you put it, but rather just an assumption by employers that good wait staff are going to get tipped well so servers generally get crap as an hourly wage. Basically you're comparing apples to oranges and assuming that the base pay is equivalent in both countries.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Tipping is supposed to just be for excellent service, but in the US, most waiters’ base pay is so very low that as long as the service was decent I leave a good tip.

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Trexy wrote: »
    Tipping is supposed to just be for excellent service, but in the US, most waiters’ base pay is so very low that as long as the service was decent I leave a good tip.
    I'll leave a decent tip for decent service. If it was better than decent, I'll tip accordingly. Especially if she works those titties.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I used to have a friend who would hit on every waitress we met, and then tipped based on how well they let him down when he asked them for their number.

Weirdest motherfucker I ever met.

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    I'll leave a decent tip for decent service. If it was better than decent, I'll tip accordingly. Especially if she works those titties.

Know how waitresses are told that human contact = better tips?
    Like, putting your hand on someone’s shoulder when you talk to them?
    This one waitress literally rested her boob on the dudes shoulder for 5 seconds before he pointed it out to her.
    She was leaning over him to glance at a menu the kid further in the booth was holding up.
    She apologized profusely and swore that she didn’t realize she was doing it, but we knew what was up.

Trexy on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ew. Boobies.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I know man, right?

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

This one waitress literally rested her boob on the dudes shoulder for 5 seconds before he pointed it out to her.
    She was leaning over him to glance at a menu the kid further in the booth was holding up.
    She apologized profusely and swore that she didn’t realize she was doing it, but we knew what was up.
    Well, you've also got to have the sense to know when you're crossing the line and to be able to read who's going to appreciate that and who's not. That's the sort of thing you'd want to err on the side of caution with.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The one waiter at this diner gave me two straws in my soda so we joked with ourselves that he wanted to share it with me and I laughed but secretly I would have

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Well, you've also got to have the sense to know when you're crossing the line and to be able to read who's going to appreciate that and who's not. That's the sort of thing you'd want to err on the side of caution with.

I can imagine people who would react poorly to even a hand on the shoulder.
    This seems a bit much, for any crowd really.

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The one waiter at this diner gave me two straws in my soda so we joked with ourselves that he wanted to share it with me and I laughed but secretly I would have
    gaaaaaaaaay

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just returned from the Waffle House. I ate:
    • Two eggs (sunny side up)
    • Three pieces of bacon
    • Triple order of hash browns
    • Two pieces toast
    • Pecan waffle
    • Regular waffle
    • Two cups of coffee

I feel like I'm going to have a coronary.

Discuss.

That's not very much food.

I went to a buffet a few days ago and consumed:

5 pieces of sushi
    four crab rangoons
    2 plates of general tso's chicken
    three egg rolls
    A big ass bowl of ice cream
    a bowl of egg drop soup
    A plate full of garlic shrimp and fried shrimp
    Some mussels

I wasn't even that full, but I had to leave kind of early.

Treeloot on
  • Options
    J. GrantJ. Grant Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    There was a place in Dallas for a while, but sadly they closed all their locations here. It's called Cheeburger Cheeburger.

Yes, retarded name.

However.

They make huge motherfuckers of cheeseburgers. Check the menu - you can get all kinds of crazy-ass toppings on them.

The day after moving into our house, I took 4 of our friends who'd helped us move to Cheeburger. We brought it all back here.

I had the half-pound patty melt. Couldn't finish the fucking thing, even though the delicious melted swiss, jalapenos and roasted red peppers were crying siren songs to my tongue. My buddy Greg is all Texan - born, raised and bred. At 6'10" and almost 400 lbs, he's a huge motherfucker.

He ate the 1 lb burger with "the works," as well as a double order of fries. It was like watching a rhino devour a produce cart.

Seriously, when you want a huge goddamned fuckin' burger of doom, check that site and see if there's a location near ya. I really miss them.

J. Grant on
  • Options
    Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    16 x 16 at In - n - Out
    Two large pizzas from Little Caesars
    10 1 pound bean and cheese burritos from Del Taco

These are my eating accomplishments.

Johnny Fabulous on
    We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Burritos are both delicious and greasy enough that eating more pushes the rest further down the tubes.
    I could eat them till they were traversing my body at both ends.

Trexy on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This one time I at this sandwich that came on a long hoagie roll filled with burger meat and bbq pulled pork and onion rings. It was delicious.

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2007
    Holy crap, is Signs REALLY the only thing on TV at 1 AM on a Saturday night?

I miss PA, where our local station showed original Star Trek episodes at 1 AM on Saturdays.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I miss PA, where our local station showed original Star Trek episodes at 1 AM on Saturdays.

It seems like there is Star Trek on 24/7 where I live in PA.

Trexy on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Denny's used to have the Dagwood Breakfast Sandwich
    It was eggs, three cheeses, sausage, bacon, and ham all in a half loaf of bread
    I used to have that and hash browns
    I miss it so much

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Well damn

Are you in eastern PA? Maybe the amount of Star Trek showings increases the further east you get.

Also, I'm talking about late-night local stations, not SpikeTV or whatever.

Sheri on
  • Options
    Torque MonkeyTorque Monkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

office space just started on comedy central

i'm opting for this over signs

Torque Monkey on
    Gojira2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Well damn

Are you in eastern PA? Maybe the amount of Star Trek showings increases the further east you get.

east side represent

Garlic Bread on