As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Alright this is getting super confusing?

Eternal is a digital online CCG on PC and Mobile, very similar to Magic: The Gathering, and will be releasing on Switch Eshop on Tuesday. It's a free-to-play game that lets you buy randomized digital packs for your own digital collection on your personal account, so of course its chock full of microtransactions. Lootboxes even!

Eternal: Chronicles of the Throne is a deckbuilding game released as physical boxes full of paper cards. You buy one box and get some friends together, shuffle and distribute cards to everyone and start playing. There's one? expansion box you can buy if you want.

So the two games exist in completely separate forms (digital vs physical) and have completely separate business models that never cross streams as far as I know? And only one of them is really on topic here.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Yucky. That's probably a no from me then.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I love the nintendo Switch. It's so bad®™

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah, playing Link's Awakening last night I started noticing some funkines happening with my left joystick on my Switch Lite.

So, that fucking sucks.

• Options
    Drift is not a matter of if, but when

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I know. I was just hoping the "when" would occur long after owning the console for only a week.

• Options
    wait what???

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    That’s interesting. I had some drift problems in the past, and thought I’d taken care of them, but they got rough enough in Link’s Awakening specifically that I figured I should probably send them in for repair. I should try the Joy Cons again on a different game and see if Awakening might just be particularly sensitive.

• Options
    wait what???

Exactly what my brain exclaimed when I started noticing it. I'll give it the balance of the week to sort itself out but if not I'm just going to return the whole unit.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Use stick calibration in settings-> controllers to get a clearer idea of what is going on with your stick. Probably bad things, but its good to check.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Use stick calibration in settings-> controllers to get a clearer idea of what is going on with your stick. Probably bad things, but its good to check.

Oh yeah, I know. I've been around the block with these things. I think I'm up to about 4 different pairs of Joycons I've personally repaired. I may end up just cracking the lite open and doing my own repairs as I'm pretty comfortable with the joycon innards at this point.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    So I finally picked up Cuphead on sale last week!

Great for pick-up-and-play on the commute! However, I get the sneaking suspicion that I'm getting weird looks when I sigh in exasperation or reflexively jerk at a near-miss while riding the train :P

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    So I just saw that Ghostbusters was remastered and released on Switch. I never got around to playing that, anyone have any experience with it?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    vamen wrote: »
    So I just saw that Ghostbusters was remastered and released on Switch. I never got around to playing that, anyone have any experience with it?

It's pretty decent! And, since all four of the original actors are involved, it's as close to Ghostbusters 3 as we're liable to get. (It's better than Ghostbusters 2, which granted isn't saying much.) So if the cast of Saturday Night Live shooting lasers at ghosts appeals to you, go for it.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

I never played it, but the game released to rave reviews when it originally came out. Some went as far as saying it was an unofficial Ghostbusters 3 in terms of story. Take that as you will.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Welp, that's enough for me! Thanks =).

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

I had some issues with some of the physics engine that meant I had to restart a stage, but other than that, it's a pretty fun third person sort-of-shooter with plenty of Ghostbusters flavor and creepy shit (including a haunted kid's section of a library). I don't know that I'd play it a second time, but I'm very happy that I played it.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Ghostbusters the game is rather good. It's honestly the greatest representation of blasting ghosts with a Proton Beam and wrangling them into a ghost trap, and really makes you feel like you're in the movie world.

It's a real shame no one has ever tried to make another Ghostbusters game with the same mechanics. I'd be down with a new game, maybe set in the comic universe.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Have we heard anything good, bad or otherwise on the performance of the Switch port?

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Wait, 80 Days came to the Switch and nobody told me? I mean, I get it, it's an older game, and this is a busy time, but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spkgz_zgOpU

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The Neo Cab devs have submitted a patch for the game breaking bugs that happen when you switch over from the demo version to retail (has also been occurring to people who just buy retail but not as frequently):

Hopefully it will be out soon.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Neo Cab looks so good too.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Neo Cab looks so good too.

I've had a blast with the parts I can actually play.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Neo Cab spelled backwards is almost bacon.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Bladder's Gate comes out next week as well as Painscape.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »

My ultra-mega-double special editions won't be ready until December. But they'll be cool anyway.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Saw someone mention this morning on another message board that the NES Switch Online controllers operate with 8bitdo's retro receiver.

This is a huge deal, if not a bit off topic, as I've been looking for a way to get "proper" NES controllers up and running with my RetroUSB AVS forever. I was gonna go as far as to operate the NES Classic Mini controllers via a Wii Remote connected to the Retro Receiver, which seems cumbersome.

Thinking I'm gonna pick up the $60 pair soonish and retire my 1989 NES Controllers for good.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

My ultra-mega-double special editions won't be ready until December. But they'll be cool anyway.

Yeah...I was a little decadent and ended up buying the Ultimate Collector's Collection or whatever it's called as well... Originally, I purchased the Switch version of the edition but wrote to Skybound and asked them to switch my order to the Xbox version (which they couldn't actually do - they had to cancel my order and I had to repurchase it). Anyway, I'm going to pick up the Switch versions digitally. I really just wanted the swag and whatnot, but I wasn't prepared to wait two months to play the Switch versions which I preferred to have digitally.

I wish they would have sold the swag separately.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Saw someone mention this morning on another message board that the NES Switch Online controllers operate with 8bitdo's retro receiver.

This is a huge deal, if not a bit off topic, as I've been looking for a way to get "proper" NES controllers up and running with my RetroUSB AVS forever. I was gonna go as far as to operate the NES Classic Mini controllers via a Wii Remote connected to the Retro Receiver, which seems cumbersome.

Thinking I'm gonna pick up the $60 pair soonish and retire my 1989 NES Controllers for good.

You can also buy a kit that converts your actual 1989 controllers into wireless and makes them compatible with the 8bitdo reciever. If you want to go that route.

Neo Cab spelled backwards is almost bacon.

Bacoen sounds like a good name for a JRPG.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Bacoen The Sizzling Defender What Cars Hyper EX.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

You can also buy a kit that converts your actual 1989 controllers into wireless and makes them compatible with the 8bitdo reciever. If you want to go that route.

The 8bitdo kit is literally a 30-second swap job as well. I wrote up a thing on my experience with the Saturn kit. The standard fast shipping is expensive, but there's an option for cheap shipping that only took like a week for the new board to get to me from China. I am tempted to do it for a bunch of other controllers as well.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So just to check, if I like the Pro controller's approximate layout and button size, but not the $70 price tag, would the PowerA wireless Pro controllers be the next best thing?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Someone posted some gameplay of this game called Indivisible in another thread, and ooooooo it looks good! Traversal seems to be a Metroidvania type game, platform-y with traversal abilities and such. But then combat is entirely different, apparently similar to Valkyrie Profile (which I've never played). You enter another battle screen for RPG-ish real-time combat.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    kime wrote: »
    Someone posted some gameplay of this game called Indivisible in another thread, and ooooooo it looks good! Traversal seems to be a Metroidvania type game, platform-y with traversal abilities and such. But then combat is entirely different, apparently similar to Valkyrie Profile (which I've never played). You enter another battle screen for RPG-ish real-time combat.

It releases tomorrow on most platforms, not seeing a date for Switch though (it's been in development a long time).

If you haven't seen it, at least watch the opening, because Trigger does really good work.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    kime wrote: »

It releases tomorrow on most platforms, not seeing a date for Switch though (it's been in development a long time).

If you haven't seen it, at least watch the opening, because Trigger does really good work.

Wikipedia said "2019" for the Switch, so I'll be patient :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oh shit! Indivisible is by the Skullgirls team, so expect some crazy animation and design stuff.

Also SuperBeatFriends backed it hard, so Zubaz is probably in there somewhere...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Wait, 80 Days came to the Switch and nobody told me? I mean, I get it, it's an older game, and this is a busy time, but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spkgz_zgOpU

Well this sounds delightful.

• Options
    Interesting little idea I saw for at least temporarily fixing/alleviating joycon drift.

The short version is, detach your joycons and use the "find my controller" function to make it vibrate continuously, while moving the stick in circular motions, the idea being that whatever gunk or debris is in there will get jostled around or cleared out. The thread is full of reports from people saying it worked great for them.

I know Nintendo is doing repairs now but this is such an easy thing to try I thought it might be helpful for people to know about it. Might help @SatanIsMyMotor ?

• Options
    Interesting little idea I saw for at least temporarily fixing/alleviating joycon drift.

The short version is, detach your joycons and use the "find my controller" function to make it vibrate continuously, while moving the stick in circular motions, the idea being that whatever gunk or debris is in there will get jostled around or cleared out. The thread is full of reports from people saying it worked great for them.

I know Nintendo is doing repairs now but this is such an easy thing to try I thought it might be helpful for people to know about it. Might help @SatanIsMyMotor ?

Much obliged but there's no detaching the joycons/HD rumble on the Switch Lite.

Honestly, I knew it was going to happen. I just thought it would take longer than a week. I did some recalibrating last night and it definitely confirmed that the stick is fucked. It happens mostly when pushing the left joycon to the left but also has some weird snap back when pushing right also.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Oh that is true. Did they remove the "find my joycons" feature on the Lite? Or is it blocked off when the Switch knows they are directly attached to the system? There might be another option in there to test rumble that could accomplish the same thing.

EDIT: Oh wait I'm a moron, there's no rumble obviously.

UncleSporky on