Options

Server Admin [Chat]

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    I forgot, could they morph into other humans? Something tells me they must not have been able to do sapient creatures or else Tobias would’ve just found some hot guy to permamorph into.

They had moral objections to that for a long time, though by the end of the series, they did it all the time. But Tobias getting stuck as a hawk meant that he couldn't morph at all. He gets the morphing power returned to him by the Ellimist (basically a slightly benevolent Q) along with the ability to morph into his old human form, with the rider that his normal form was now a hawk, with the understanding that Tobias was free to return to human form at any point and get restuck, but that meant he could no longer be an animorph.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Animorphs were so legit. The book about how the two god-like entities came to be blew my young mind.

I disliked the higher entity stuff

I just liked Tobias/Rachel's whole will they / won't they relationship and that there was a war that kids knew about but adults didn't

Damn even back then I was destined for fanfiction...

It was the stuff where they started building their bodies into spaceships and like escalating over time into godlike powers that I was all about.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Also they have telepathy while they are animals.

Did they have telepathy while they were human?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The waiter had the GALL to pour the little taste inspection drop

For the first time in my life I was like, "dude I just paid $30 for a fucking half-carafe at an airport bar, I'm not going to send it back" as I just reached out for the bottle

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Applegate went hard on the body horror.

Like in one of the spin off novels a hero gets permanently trapped in the form of a 8 foot long sentient milipede that will compulsively cannibalism any member of its species that gets injured.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    imagine reading fiction that isn't ghost-written by like twenty different writers smh smh

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Also they turn into ants and almost all immediately develop ptsd

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    syndalis wrote: »
    It Chapter 2 was inconsistent but holy shit
    Does Skaarsgaard and Hader knock it out of the park.

Hader was just the fucking best.

Yeah Hader has been consistently killing it on Barry so I'm really happy he's finding film success! Comedy actors always seem to have surprising dramatic chops.

100%

I don't know why but I feel that comedians are more capable of dramatic range than others

Perhaps humor is this poignant neurotic reflexion to tragedy, etc etc

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    @firewaterword

Finalllyyyy

4srb6l4b3zee.jpeg

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I have to admit, there is a point in the animorphs, I think around the book where Cassie accidentally finds herself in the Australian outback, where my knowledge gets a little thin. I think I might even be missing one of the books somewhere in issues #40-45. But I could still probably write pretty accurate summaries of books 1-30 without any help.

• Options
    One of these is a real animorphs alien!

latest?cb=20100109050745

1u5csb4l38x6.png

12qo70o4iosd.png

The Answer:
    It's all of them, they're all animorphs aliens.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    sevendwarves.jpg

This set is very silly.

in the literal best way.

IT HAS A CARD CALLED ONCE UPON A TIME THAT'S FREE IF IT'S THE FIRST CARD YOU CAST IN THE GAME.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Also am I remembering correctly that all their excess mass got warped to another dimension and it was technically possible but unlikely that it could get hit by a spaceship or something?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    One of these is a real animorphs alien!

latest?cb=20100109050745

1u5csb4l38x6.png

12qo70o4iosd.png

The Answer:
    It's all of them, they're all animorphs aliens.

ANDALITE

SKREEK?

HORK BAJIR!

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I forgot, could they morph into other humans? Something tells me they must not have been able to do sapient creatures or else Tobias would’ve just found some hot guy to permamorph into.

They had moral objections to that for a long time, though by the end of the series, they did it all the time. But Tobias getting stuck as a hawk meant that he couldn't morph at all. He gets the morphing power returned to him by the Ellimist (basically a slightly benevolent Q) along with the ability to morph into his old human form, with the rider that his normal form was now a hawk, with the understanding that Tobias was free to return to human form at any point and get restuck, but that meant he could no longer be an animorph.

what the fuck

Like in one of the spin off novels a hero gets permanently trapped in the form of a 8 foot long sentient milipede that will compulsively cannibalism any member of its species that gets injured.

what the fuck

what the fuck

• Options
    Also am I remembering correctly that all their excess mass got warped to another dimension and it was technically possible but unlikely that it could get hit by a spaceship or something?

It was like, out in the middle of space somewhere I think? And it did get hit once. and like, weirdly warped them all into the ship?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    ok I am back from happy hour with my cousin with whom I had never prior had a conversation
    she's great and I can tell we come from the same culture and genetics
    she's also probably going to leave academia after her postdoc and she has a way better knowledge of gay bars in my neighborhood than I do and also our cats are cousins in appearance and behavior
    and I'm a little drunk on two cocktails which is p sad tolerance-wise but also $23 for two drinks and a ramen is insanely cheap where I live so you sort of have to

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

latest?cb=20100109050745

this I get

• Options

Z-Space, where you could see inside and outside of everything at the same time.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    the middle one is a taxxon

• Options
    edited September 2019
    are you guys all doing that SCP from this morning about posting on forums about things that don't actually exist

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    did somebody show mrs. whatsit as an animorphs alien itt already

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    I really liked these books:

19630.jpg

The covers were all reflective shiny and the books were all about the kids discovering they had super powers and silver blood because they were actually aliens.

• Options

what the fuck

what the fuck

what the fuck

Yeah so when theyre animals theyre subject to instincts and compulsions animals feel. Not always overpowering, but there. They turn into ants and immediately get caught up in an ant war driven by pheromones and almost get dismembered before breaking out of it. One of them finds a tiny ant head still biting her side in the shower later.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    are you guys all doing that SCP from this morning about posting on forums about things that don't actually exist

the series ends when they suicide ram an alien ship into another alien ship to end the war

at one point jake is a dog and runs into a dog in heat and that dog eventually has a dog child with a human mind

the main bad guy is a race of worms that crawl into your head and take you over

• Options

the series ends when they suicide ram an alien ship into another alien ship to end the war

at one point jake is a dog and runs into a dog in heat and that dog eventually has a dog child with a human mind

The Andelites while in human form eat cigarette butts like candy

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Oooh, there was the issue where a water bison gets exposed to the morphing technology, morphs a human, and develops sentience.

I forget, do they end up mercy killing the bison?

• Options
    so what we're learning today is that young adult fiction: not even once?

• Options

I...... what?

I don't know if i should've kept reading. Jesus.

• Options
    so what we're learning today is that young adult fiction: not even once?

No its like 120 times

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    I remember seeing the Animorphs books and reading the blurbs certainly - mostly in 3rd-4th grade? - but I can't say that I've actually read one of them

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Could be worse. Could have been Homestuck.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I love crazy YA bullshit

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    you know that episode of buffy where she goes to a "vampire" club of real people who pretend to be vampires and yells at them?

there's an animorphs book where they do that to a furry convention

• Options
    SniperGuy wins the secret contest that you guys didn't know about, which was: who will talk about the characters fucking in animal form first

• Options
    And they agree to do the suicide mission at the end because the war basically broke them all as people by the age of 18 and they struggle to fit into any society not at war now.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Ok now I am extremely full

• Options
    oh my god I forgot about the intro to this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IfboJUVBI8

This discussion has been closed.