As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    And ANOTHER presentation is coming next week! June 24.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I honestly never thought i'd see a pokemon snap 2 that's so hype i'm so hype for that.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Quoting myself from the SE++ thread:

Cool, Zeraora will be in Max Raid Battles

That's one of the 6 mythicals I'm missing from completing my Home dex

From what I understand, you can't catch it, but if 1 million trainers beat it, everyone will be gifted a shiny one

edit: The DLC download is now available

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I'm so happy to hear we'll be getting another Snap 2. The first one was so chill and unique that I wish I had a way for my kids to play it.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Very nice. And developed by Bandai Namco apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vj8zt_tBtk

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PSA:
    The levels in Isle of Armor do NOT scale, like was reported

I brought a lvl 8 Grookey and nothing else, and the first battle has a lvl 58 mon

It might be like the Wild Area, where it gets locked to level 60 after you become champion

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    PSA:

I brought a lvl 8 Grookey and nothing else, and the first battle has a lvl 58 mon

It might be like the Wild Area, where it gets locked to level 60 after you become champion

Did you win?

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »
    PSA:

Did you win?

Let's just say Nurse Joy is working overtime trying to piece lil Grookey back together

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Presentation's on! They're leading with... Pokemon Smile, a smartphone app to encourage kids to brush their teeth.

Bidoof knows the importance of good dental hygiene?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Has anyone found a full list of returning Pokemon? Still early so it may not be available yet, but I assume data-miners are working to get that info.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Since people are going to be playing Sword and Shield again, I need a chipped pot. If anybody has one, I can trade you a Meltan or Mew or Zacian for keepsies (or whatever other Pokemon you may need.)

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Has anyone found a full list of returning Pokemon? Still early so it may not be available yet, but I assume data-miners are working to get that info.

Serebii appears to have a list already.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    My immediate reaction is that I like the new Wild Area much better

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    New Pokemon Snap, hoooo yeah!

Also hyped to bring in some of my old Mons that have been stuck in Home forever! Back to Galar I go!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I loved Pokémon Snap 20 years ago!

But... my tastes have changed a bit in those 20 years, so I don't know if I'd still like it, you know? Then again, it has been a long time since I played Pokémon Snap maybe I'll think it refreshing or something.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Since people are going to be playing Sword and Shield again, I need a chipped pot. If anybody has one, I can trade you a Meltan or Mew or Zacian for keepsies (or whatever other Pokemon you may need.)

I'll check after work this evening EST.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular

@Taya

I have a chipped pot you can have

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »

@Taya

That would be most excellent. What do you want in return? I got loads of stuff.

• Options
    I'm tempted to start over in the game... If only because of the gym leader battle music.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yep, I hate GTS as much as I ever did.

So I put up a legitimate Tornadus requesting a trade for a Thunderus as I was missing him to fill out my three weather God pokemon.

Not long after someone takes me up on my offer but sends me a level 100 shiny in a master ball Thunderus that is 100% fake hacked garbage. So I lost all around. :mad:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

So I put up a legitimate Tornadus requesting a trade for a Thunderus as I was missing him to fill out my three weather God pokemon.

Not long after someone takes me up on my offer but sends me a level 100 shiny in a master ball Thunderus that is 100% fake hacked garbage. So I lost all around. :mad:

Well, chances are if you put the shiny one up asking for a normal one you'll get it.

• Options

Well, chances are if you put the shiny one up asking for a normal one you'll get it.

Tried that....they just sent me another hacked one for the hacked one. :?

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options

Tried that....they just sent me another hacked one for the hacked one. :?

It's hacked 'Mons all the way down. That sucks, hopefully you get a legit one soon

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    hack it to remove the hackness

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I will say that even with that, I'm a happy Pokemon fan. I never thought we would see the day they would do a new Pokemon Snap.

I cannot wait for this! :D

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    A new Pokemon Snap is a huge win, and I'm pretty stoked for whatever the big announcement set for next week is. I can only imagine it's something big if they didn't feel like it should be included in this set of announcements. Not gonna get my hopes up too much, but I am feeling pretty optimistic about it.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    It’s safe to say my hesitation on a dlc in Pokémon was not needed. This is just great content for the price.

• Options
    Yea, so far I'm really enjoying the Isle of Armor.

As for next week, my guess is it'll be to announce the remakes of Diamond and Pearl.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I think the Isle of Armor Pokedex might be a lil busted with Home. I transferred over a handful I knew were coming back, and they're showing as unseen and uncaught

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Debating if I want to grab the DLC since apparently there is not level scaling, and seems to be set at a lower level if you have not beaten the game, and level 60+ if you have. Had kind of been hoping I could come in with a few low levels and build a new party for the DLC. Sure I could technically still build one, but kind of loses something when I’m not leveling them up from lower levels.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I assume Snap 2 is gonna be all the new Pokemon I've never heard of, because I haven't played a Pokemon in probably over a decade if not two?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Honestly, that sounds like a pretty great way to first see new Pokemon.

• Options

@Taya

uhh I guess the hardest to get legendary you're willing to trade permanently

I'll have a look through my living national dex attempt on Home and see what I'm missing, it's mostly going to be event legends from gen 5 onwards, though I do know I'm missing Mew and Deoxys for sure because I used to have them but somehow lost them

sig.gif
  • Options

@Taya

I'll have a look through my living national dex attempt on Home and see what I'm missing, it's mostly going to be event legends from gen 5 onwards, though I do know I'm missing Mew and Deoxys for sure because I used to have them but somehow lost them

I got a chipped pot from someone in the SE thread, but you can still have a Mew if you need one. I have an extra.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Beating the legendary dog is a pain right now actually so I think I'm gonna play the expansion a bit to level up my Mons and then come back to them later

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Geez, the upgrade to the bike and bike outfit colors is worth the price all on its own.

Also: whee new clothes!!

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Thought I was going crazy. Everyone was saying Zeraora raids aren't that hard, yet I kept getting destroyed

Turns out, if you run into the shiny version, it's lvl 100 like the Mewtwo raid was

• Options

Taya

I got a chipped pot from someone in the SE thread, but you can still have a Mew if you need one. I have an extra.

oh thanks!

well you can also have the chipped pot if you'd like an extra

sig.gif
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    What’s the time investment to create another profile for the sole purpose of bee lining to the expansion to get a second kubfu for my living dex? I don’t care about getting both forms of urshifu.

• Options
    Russad wrote: »
    What’s the time investment to create another profile for the sole purpose of bee lining to the expansion to get a second kubfu for my living dex? I don’t care about getting both forms of urshifu.

I believe you can go to the DLC area once you unlock the Wild Area in the base game, which is after the first gym I think, so not long at all

Kubfu seems to come a little later, though. I've only played the DLC a little while, but haven't gotten it yet