As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Yeah, super glad I had $2 in Google Play funbux to grab the bundles when they were still good.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I only had 0.97 available in Google Play yesterday so I didn't buy the bundle. I was going to buy the daily bundle today after I got 1 more survey done. Oh well. I guess it will go towards the next Foutain of Lapis in a few months (probably around the 4th year anniversary).

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Paladin Cecil is coming early! IW is back! New, even harder Tel-Fulsanis (honestly good, he was decently easy for a lot of vets, and it looks like the rewards are all just emblems again).

Also, Elena won that unit popularity contest and will be revamped as a new unit in the future. What a boring and utterly predictable outcome.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah given how many i still see as friend units, not suprising. I wonder if folks voted hoping the revamp would also have a cg lb.

I’ll have to do some research to see if I should pull for CG cecil. Also yay IW! What me get one rare in 100 runs lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I do have to admit, Elena is easily among the coolest FFBE originals, because her entire story thing was just a big comic book Kamen Raider event, and she has enough ham to feed a family. And I say this not having a single copy of her yet. So, you know, at least it wasn't fucking Akstar or something.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    As much as I would love to get CG Cecil, I don't think I need him right now. For bonus I have 7* Swolbez, 7* Barb, 6* Swolbez, and Rubicante. That's a full party including the new 7* Rosa. I just need to figure out if I can solo LGD with Swolbez and Barb decked out.

Very happy to have IW back. I have a ton of gear to enhance. I need to make a list and prioritize.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Last slot tokens gave me 2 5+1s (1 of those the final milestone). And now I have a Neo WoL!

I always wondered what Warrior of Light was looking at on his sword....

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Didn't realize CG Cecil is on a 2 person banner. Might just wait to see some reviews.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Ling got 3rd, so that makes me happy. Maybe they'll still do a new version of her later.

I feel like they should've left the newer units like Esther and Elena off, and I love Esther. They don't need new versions since they still need enhancements and latent abilities (can't wait for Esther's). Of course, no unit needs a new version, but if you're going to do it, might as well focus on the older, outdated ones. Like the Black Friday units, those were all based on older units, three of which weren't even 5*s.

We'll just jave to wait and see how it turns out, I suppose

• Options
    If I had my way the whole voting pool would have only been 3/4* GLEX units. Sure there's much fewer of them but they need love too!

• Options
    Don't look at me, I voted for Yan :P.

• Options
    I voted for Ling. Maybe they'll do the top three, who knows.

What would be neat is like, a mirror version of Elena. Anele. Make her a dark/fire chainer as opposed to Elena's light/ice elements. It could totally play on the "evil twin!" trope that gets used in comics all the goddamn time.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I chose Chow since game needs more doggos. Ling would've been my next pick.

• Options
    One concern folks are mentioning on reddit is if you're doing another Elena, she hasn't even had her enhancements yet. And if you're designing a new Elena wouldn't she get the better abilities and perhaps OG Elena will get shafted a bit on enhancements.

I'm leaning towards trying for CG Cecil. I don't have SS Charlotte, so he'd be a good alt to WKN and reddit seems to think he pairs well with DW Galuf who I have as well. His ability to triple case buffs, tanky stuff, and elemental resists would be nice to free up a spot on my team. Seems like he'd pair will with Kryla as well since she can imperil/break while passive evade provoke, while he can mag cover and buff.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Wasn't interested in Cecil since I have a Charlotte and Noel both with STMRs... so I fell for the Xuan Wu hype.
    Holy smokes did I get dunked on. Three laps (one was rage summoned, sigh) and I got... 5 Foo's and 0 Xuan Wu. Pretty sure the odds of that are < 10%.
    Only thing I can salvage out of this wreck is I bought a Foo prism and used my 100% STMR moogle and now I have two Foo STMRs, so my esper bar shall be eternally full.

• Options
    I'm am about 50 summons away from the 10k summon trophy. Incoming 500 lapis! I have Morgana and Foo both at 7* to cover any summon mission shenanigans. I might use a bit of NRG this week instead of TMR farming to finish up that achievement.

• Options
    I'm likely skipping PCecil since I have SSCharlotte and don't really see a need for another magic tank at the moment (and I may still be a liiiiiiittle bit salty about not getting 7* Lucas...all prisms are coming with the 4th anniversary, right Gumi?).

Apparently when the winners of the unit design contest were announced they mentioned the units would be released sometime in the spring, so it's not too much longer to wait. So, plan is still to wait until Easter or King Behemy.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I hoping they pull a trick with that poll and use the bottom units instead. If people didn't like those units the first time, why not try again?

• Options
    Yeah I forgot about the unit design stuff. Might just wait to see what comes out of the tank unit there. I have a feeling it may either be a Basch/Lilith type or a Demon Rain/Beryl DPS/Tank hybrid.

From what I'm reading, CG Cecil really wants someone else to handle the 50% DM. Which is why folks mention Galuf is a good partner. With that covered he can handle Cover, Buffs, Elemental resists, plus some constantly.

• Options
    Also wonder if they'll plan on any FF7 remake collab here around April.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Also wonder if they'll plan on any FF7 remake collab here around April.

I think by then we may get CG Cloud and AC Tifa. Not sure if it lines up with when we'd expect to get them based on the JP schedule but we kinda deviated from that a lot already anyway.

As for King Behemy, I hope he's a good physical tank with some finishing potential that he can flex into his rotation. Since I skipped AWoL and DWGaluf I am hoping for a good Sieghard replacement, and I'd rather use a roided-out bipedal Behemoth than wait for Alexander Charlotte.

Cruor on
  • Options
    I'd imagine the FMA collab might play into it. If we don't get that collab in GL, then having someone to replace Alphonse makes sense. Otherwise, he kind of fills the new physical tank role.

Just given it's a Behemoth makes me things D. Rain or Viktor Marchenko type tank.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I haven't done anything but log in for the pay five days or so.

I blame restarting Warframe.

• Options
    So I'm advancing a bit more plot, and Lasswell did you just drop a Mewtwo quote on me of all things?
    Screenshot_2020-02-05-01-08-59-455_com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFBEWW.png

• Options
    Man, I hope we get the FMA collab. I love FMA. Ed and Al could be garbage tier units and I'd probably still pull for them. Though I would prefer a 5* King Bradley (Wrath from FMA:B), but the Elric bros are cool.

And it's not like I'm ever getting that Mystic Quest collab I want.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    That said, on the plot thing, it is kind of sad that events already spoiled me that
    Rain and Lasswell do end up kings of Aldore and Hess. Which honestly does not seem a great end to how this arc is getting set up. But then stories seem to like to do the whole "no, your blood/born talent/whatever doesn't define who you are, except actually it totally does, we're just gonna say it doesn't" thing.

Drascin on
  • Options
    I decided to do the Attacker (Re)Summon. Didn't get the AK Rain I wanted, but I did end up getting CG Lightning, and with the 50% STMR moogle, that got me her STMR. Pretty good.

And now I'll just hold onto my 55k remaining Lapis until something piques my interest.

• Options
    Probably going to skip. Karlette and Elena would be nice but way too many units in the pool.

• Options
    Yeah, I think attacker is the only resummon banner where I'm not going to try my luck. A good tank or a good support will last you a year but there's just too many DPS and they get directly obsoleted inside three weeks most of the time.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I have a pretty long list of stuff to run through IW - 12 things. I might just take the first decent roll and move on. I have a prioritized list with the top 4 items being Darksteel Destroyer (Demon Wall trial), Staff of Ripples & Jade Bracers (XWQL), and Sword of Light (AWOL). After that, it's a bunch of recently acquired STMRs and TMRs. I will be refreshing a lot of IW orbs. I'm glad I have like 200 available.

edit: I already setup my MK farm team and it's kind of hilarious to see it being all villains. 7* Swolbez, 6* Swolbez, 7* Barb, 6* Barb, and Rubicante. I'm pretty sure Swolbez and Barb are geared well enough to solo LGD with the others providing breaks/imperils/chains.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I got and used the last 5+1 ticket from the slot machine rewards and picked up Aerith #4. That's a weird STMR. I'm sure there's some way to abuse it, especially if you have a unit that has SPR equipment boosting passives, but I'm not sure I have any good ones of those. It should work well on a magic tank, at least.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I did an attacker resummon since I am 1 or two away from a lot of STMRs in that pool.

Round 1) Ellesperis #5 (yeah no)
    Round 2) Onion Knight #5 (crap)
    Round 3) Aileen #2 (I shouldn’t have done this)
    Round 4) AK Rain #2 & #3 (SOLD)

Wasn’t what I was looking for, but good enough considering my best physical attacker was ... DK Leon? And I have a place for the LB gear I’ve been accumulating now.

Edit: Bleh, now I have to go kill Asura for her materia I guess

maraji on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I'm still considering because I am at like 3/4 for a lot of the units and a lot of them have very solid STMRs. The prize would be Elena+Moogle, but Sabin, Edgar, Chocobo Fina and a few others would also be very very solid pickups. I would still be over 20k Lapis with time to rebuild before Easter, so I may just try my luck.

Cruor on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I decided to go for the Attacker banner. Walked away with Regina and King Edgar STMRs and 7* Lightning. Still over 30k lapis, so I'm in a good spot.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Since it was 6k I did 1 pull on it. stupidly rerolled one that would have given me Regina and Neo Edgar STMRs...........but now I have a Karlette STMR which honestly I think I won out on this now?

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    I woulda stuck with Edgar/Regina STMRs. Great ATK and ribbon in an accessory slot and great ATK+killers beats out a stat-stick hat in my opinion. Karlette's hat IS very nice though.

• Options
    Yeah the only reason I'm thinking that is that my hybrid gearing is not nearly as good as my physical gearing.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Well Iron Giant reborn and Stag rebon down. 4 turns with XWQL for IG and 2 for Stag. XWQL's survivability is just crazy. With someone like Evade/Provoke Galuf and 50% DM, their SPR is so high that magic attacks hardly phase them and they can add 1 mirage stack if needed.

EDIT: XWQL's biggest issue is being magic damage. So they don't do as well against the The Lightning Tyrant for example or enemies with magic mitigation.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Did the attacker resummon. First summon was Balthier#4+Moogle, Edgar#3, and Kaito#1.

Second summon was Edgar+Moogle and Regina#3

Third summon was Regina+Moogle and RedXIII

Fourth summon was Elena+Moogle, and that's what I wanted so I stopped there.

My Levinson (and any other TDH user, to be honest) is very happy now.

Cruor on