As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PlayStation4 / PSN] PS3+Vita games are back on the menu, boys!

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    So, this is surprising (to me anyway): Playstation Vue is shutting down in early 2020.

My parents have been using Vue since they cut the cord a few years ago. They might be going with Hulu soon, because it's compatible with the Fire Stick.

It's a bummer, though.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Honestly I don’t even know what Vue is.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Honestly I don’t even know what Vue is.

Live TV streaming. Think Hulu TV, YouTube TV, Sling, etc.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    We looked into Vue a while back but it wasn't any savings for us since our internet is provided by our cable company. Switching from the overpriced cable TV bundles to Vue was a slight savings (about $10 a month) but dealing with multiple providers for service we already have didn't seem to be worthwhile.

Still, sad to see it go away.

26904.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I'm currently tempted to get a 500GB PS4 slim.

Local store at a $50AUD off coupon. Plus my gift cards would bring it down to $239AUD. I also have a spare 1TB SSD.

Would it still be worth buying this console at this price, or should I hold off and get a PS5 next year?

Main reason for considering this console is Playstation exclusives like Spider-man and Horizon Dawn, or games which can't be bought on Steam for the PC.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    what happened to the title and op?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    what happened to the title and op?

I think the real question is what happened to Dirty?

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    I assumed it was supposed to be ironic.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    On second though, I'm not going to be updating this thread after all. If somebody wants to start a new thread for the purpose of being able to update the thread title, go right ahead.

• Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I assumed it was supposed to be ironic.

It sort of is I guess. :(

Also Reus is 95% off and a bunch of other SOEDESCO games are on steep discounts on PSN.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Deals/comments/dpaf3q/soedesco_publishing_games_on_sale_low_as_044_na/

Witchsight.png
  • Options
    On second though, I'm not going to be updating this thread after all. If somebody wants to start a new thread for the purpose of being able to update the thread title, go right ahead.

Right, but that's his last post on the forums and his avatar is gone.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

Yeah, I didn’t want to make any direct inferences but I assume a mod changed the title and stuff after that.

• Options

Yeah, I didn’t want to make any direct inferences but I assume a mod changed the title and stuff after that.

He isn't banned though.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

He isn't banned though.

I mean, sometimes shit happens. Life happens. If he decided to bow out and let the mods handle the title because he was going to be incapable of updating in the future... I'd call that rather sensible.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Quiotu wrote: »

I mean, sometimes shit happens. Life happens. If he decided to bow out and let the mods handle the title because he was going to be incapable of updating in the future... I'd call that rather sensible.

Indeed!
    But that's the kind of thing where I might reach out with a quick inner-net wellness check if I knew the individual, just to make sure.

Witchsight.png
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Is it me, or does the PSN dashboard ad for Battlefield V look like a browser ad for a mobile game?
    wdm3cpbidcv6.jpeg
    “PLAY FREE NOW, MY LORD”

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Witchsight wrote: »

Indeed!
    But that's the kind of thing where I might reach out with a quick inner-net wellness check if I knew the individual, just to make sure.

I figured I'd log back in and reply since you seemed kinda concerned. I'm just taking a more "read only" approach to how I use the internet. I'm also not posting/commenting on sites like Reddit anymore and generally trying to spend less time internetting. Though I still find myself occasionally lurking out of habit.

• Options
    Witchsight wrote: »

Indeed!

I figured I'd log back in and reply since you seemed kinda concerned. I'm just taking a more "read only" approach to how I use the internet. I'm also not posting/commenting on sites like Reddit anymore and generally trying to spend less time internetting. Though I still find myself occasionally lurking out of habit.
    Glad to hear it, buddy. You’re one of the fellow PA Ancients.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Fair thee well, ol' Dirty bastard

• Options
    manjimanji Registered User regular
    I've been playing Gundam Battle Operation 2 and really enjoying it. It's free, but it is also a gatcha game, so it lives to gouge you for your cash with P2W, loot boxes and an incredibly slow rate of currency gain so ymmv. However I'm still enjoying collecting my robots at a glacial pace. Anyone that played the Gundam Vs games on the PS2 and GC should know what to expect, but arcade style team deathmatch rather than the old console pve design.

All your attacks have cooldowns, so there is a strong emphasis making your shots count and mitigating with weapon switching over button mashing, but once you get the hang of it it's been lots of fun.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Is it me, or does the PSN dashboard ad for Battlefield V look like a browser ad for a mobile game?
    wdm3cpbidcv6.jpeg
    “PLAY FREE NOW, MY LORD”

They changed it with the new Pacific update that added US and Japan, along with two new Pacific maps. BFV has come a loooong way since launch, it's a lot of fun and I highly recommend it! The free weekend is over but it will probably be on sale for cheap on BF. All the new DLC maps are free as well, no need to buy map packs like the olden days.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    wdm3cpbidcv6.jpeg
    “PLAY FREE NOW, MY LORD”

They changed it with the new Pacific update that added US and Japan, along with two new Pacific maps. BFV has come a loooong way since launch, it's a lot of fun and I highly recommend it! The free weekend is over but it will probably be on sale for cheap on BF. All the new DLC maps are free as well, no need to buy map packs like the olden days.

The Pacific gameplay does look great from the streams I’ve checked out. I didn’t know it was added for free, that’s awesome.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Just a heads up, Outlast 2 and Nioh are now available for download with PS+. I really enjoyed my time with Nioh and am looking forward to scaring my wife with Outlast.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So I’m hearing that Control was patched to run properly on the base PS4. I was reading that it’s getting a pretty consistent 20-30 fps. Anyone having any experience with this? I’d like to play control but my pc isn’t up for it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    So I’m hearing that Control was patched to run properly on the base PS4. I was reading that it’s getting a pretty consistent 20-30 fps. Anyone having any experience with this? I’d like to play control but my pc isn’t up for it.
    Anything that causes big dust-clouds or debris clouds causes the FPS to tank like a rock on my PS4 Pro (still playable, but definitely choppy). But other than that, it runs fine. Maybe this new patch fixes that aspect?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Seems like a missed opportunity to release Outlast 2 in November lol

• Options
    Looks like Titanfall 2 is one of our "free" games next month. IMO the best single player campaign of any shooter ever, with "That One Level" really hitting the Superhero fantasy button. It really is a shame they couldn't figure out a way to work that into other portions of the game because it really felt AMAZING.

26904.png
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Looking forward to giving Titanfall 2 a play.

Also ordered a PSVR mega pack (with Astrobot, VR Worlds, RE7, Skyrim VR and Everybody's Golf) on the condition it gets wrapped and goes under the Christmas tree, so looking forward to giving that a whirl. I know a few of the games I've already got include some VR stuff (GT Sport, Wipeout: Omega from PS+ a few months back) but any other solid recommendations? I'll need to keep an eye out for deals on Move controllers before I can get Beat Saber but that's definitely on the list.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I picked up Titanfall 2 a while back, but maybe now I'll start playing again

Take advantage of a load of newbies in multiplayer

*smash cut to me getting stomped by said newbies*

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So I jumped into the PS4 game late. I know the PS5 is on the horizon, but I was dazzled by black friday deals. I ended up getting a PS4 Pro, NHL 2020, Bloodborne, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sekiro, Last of Us, and Spider-Man, for a really reasonable price overall. I almost don't know where to start. I've dabbled in God of War, NHL and Spider-Man so far.

What other must have games, or little known gems should I be eyeballing as well?

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I snagged TF2 on a steep discount earlier this year, and I really enjoyed it. The SP campaign is a bit short, but that just means it doesn't overstay its welcome, and it introduces enough new and interesting mechanics to keep things fairly snappy.

Far from flawless, but I enjoyed the playthrough and have zero interest in the MP stuff, so $10 or so (like I paid) or Free With Subscription are very reasonable prices.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Didn't we already get TFall 2 on PSN+?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I don't remember it being free but I know TF2 has been running on sale for like $5 or less all the time for years now. I mean it's an awesome game but I'd rather have something else for free.

Also, I'm highly annoyed that Civ 6 is $60 and then another $50 for the expansions. Who launches a 3-4 year old game on console and doesn't at least bundle the expansions in with it? I'll buy it eventually when it's on sale cheap enough, but it's a bummer is all.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Titanfall 2 has just been on frequent (deep) discount since its release. I think I bought it for $10 during the Christmas sale after its release.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Because I am a dumb person, I bought a PS4 Pro to replace my regular ass PS4. I got it cheap at least. Anything important I should know about the transfer process?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Because I am a dumb person, I bought a PS4 Pro to replace my regular ass PS4. I got it cheap at least. Anything important I should know about the transfer process?

Do you have access to both PS4's at the same time? You can do a wireless transfer, but it'll take a while.

Do you have a spare external hard drive that can hold all your stuff? You can back up everything on it, then restore on the new one. Still takes a while but not as long. If you got access to both systems you can get away with a smaller drive and do it in batches.

Last ditch effort, you can back up your saves on a thumbdrive or PS+ and just redownload aaaallll your games.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I do have both of them. Is the wireless transfer the easiest / least likely to screw up?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    metaghost wrote: »
    Yeah, Titanfall 2 has just been on frequent (deep) discount since its release. I think I bought it for $10 during the Christmas sale after its release.

I feel that going free on PS+ might give that online playerbase a big ol' boost. Being on discount is a negative signal for an online game, but being free is more like a dinner bell ringing. That and Apex Legends players who never played TF2 finally giving it the shot it deserves.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    So I jumped into the PS4 game late.
    What other must have games, or little known gems should I be eyeballing as well?

As a late arrival myself, I still love the feeling of being overwhelmed with awesome choices. Youve got some of the must have big budget stuff, you might consider some bite sized quick session games.

I bought a PSPro, and the first thing I wanted to play was... Rogue Legacy. I eventually got the platinum just because I was having that much fun. Older games like Binding of Isaac and Enter the Gungeon keep me coming back as well.
    And some quality free games Like Apex / Warframe and to a lesser extent Gems of war.

Witchsight on
    Witchsight.png
  • Options
    So I jumped into the PS4 game late. I know the PS5 is on the horizon, but I was dazzled by black friday deals. I ended up getting a PS4 Pro, NHL 2020, Bloodborne, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sekiro, Last of Us, and Spider-Man, for a really reasonable price overall. I almost don't know where to start. I've dabbled in God of War, NHL and Spider-Man so far.

Not exactly little known, but I'm really having a blast with Destiny 2 on the PS4. It is available on the PC but it was developed as a console game and the shooting just "feels" better with a controller (vs KBAM).

Also Burnout Paradise Remastered is just plain silly fun. It's been on sale for under $10 a number of times this year.

26904.png