Options

Shadowrun: Bishop - You've been restructured.

• Options
    VoraciousAardvarkVoraciousAardvark Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Valkun wrote: »
    Hey Voracious, do you know the exact year that Knight Errant Security Services was formed? None of my source books nor dumpshock mention it, but I'm betting its probably in Corporate Download from 3rd Ed.

Found my copy of Corp Download, it says nothing about the founding date. There is a LOT of information about running a knight errant or other ares group, and I can send it to you if you're curious.

VoraciousAardvark on
    DirectLogo.jpg
  • Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Powerslave? How is your Mr. Huge character coming along?

Valkun on
  • Options
    PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Powerslave? How is your Mr. Huge character coming along?

Well. Sorry for not keeping in touch, but issues have kept me busy the past few days.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's less than 24 hours away from our scheduled session time. Is everybody's character done? I assume we're meeting in #odam? Let's get the lead out, people!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Everyone except Powerslave have turned in their characters. And we'll probably meet in ODAM then go to our own room. Then again, everyone just uses Bombfell anyways.

Valkun on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Do we have our dice-roller and whatnot?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    People really love to ask this question. Yes, someone in the group has a dice roller. And we can always play on AIM despite people's dislike of it. I've been working on taking everyone's characters (except Powerslave) and making them into one unified format on the interweb.

http://bishop.pbwiki.com/

2 Down, 3 to go. (There's nothing I can do about the colorscheme or layout without upgrading so no complaints.)

Maybe I missed it. WHY, does your character have a nickname/alias/psuedonym/etc? Also, on your sheet, are your attributes base or augmented? I'm going to assume that they're the augmented attributes for now but let me know ASAP.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yes, my attributes are augmented. Zak uses an alias because he's doing black ops work for Knight Errant (duh) and it is "Frag" for obvious reasons. (uses tons of weapons, many of which go "boom")

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh, base. I forgot to add the augmentation modifiers, even after going to town on that sheet in HTML. As well, I had 3 BP left over.

Also, half my sheet seems to be mixed with Yumi's. Unless it's a work in progress and that's what you're using as the template. In any case, I love the format.

As for a callsign, that's the one thing I always forget to think of. I'll figure one out soon.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    SJ, your character is done. I was asking about WHY's, who I'm working on now. ;-)

Edit: I copied over Reynold's character to serve as a template. I'm going through your gear now and it looks like I'll have to go back and adjust your attributes/skills.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, it's just bringing up my Strength, Agility and Reaction up by 1.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ok, WHY, your character is updated. Now I just have to get done Aardvarks and I'll probably get something to eat before the game.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Jesus, I can't believe I didn't notice how much of a mess my sheet was.

Edit: actually, I'll wait on the callsign till I see where my rank places me.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    People actually spent BP on rank? Guess I'm not the leader, then. Which is fine by me, only reason I had any desire for it was because I'm a very active player and (in my humble opinion) a good RP'er.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    oh wow, don't tell me I'm the only one who spent BP on rank.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I used all my delicious BPs on my character. So, yes...I assume if you even spent one on Rank, you're the highest ranked. ;p

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So far the hierarchy goes:

Colonel Zakharov (NPC Director of Bishop)
    Captain Mueller (WHY) Captain Corvance (Aardvark)
    1st Lt. Edwards (Reynolds) 1st Lt. Silver (Justice)
    2nd Lt. (Powerslave)
    Everyone else (Includes NPCs and Waiting List people)

Hope I don't overwrite anything you're working on WHY, and visa versa. Just need to add Aardvark's character and organize my notes for the session.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I put up a picture for Huge. *snicker*

And I updated my page. Physical characteristics, contact names, fixed some equipment, edited the background slightly. It should be good to go now.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I have to say that this was absolutely fuckawesome.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The first session kicked ass. Good game, guys.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I came, I saw, I shot a dwarf into a noodle cart. Rock on.

VoraciousAardvark on
    DirectLogo.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I had a great time, and the feel of the adventure was very unexpected.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I should buy or otherwise obtain some linguasofts.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    wtf is a linguasoft? btw, gonna add u to my friends list on xbox live. My tag is Saint Justice, of course.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I figured that someone would eventually think of getting some linguasoft after all the language barrier stuff that happened last night. It's basically a much more advanced Babelfish.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Oh come on, no one updated either of the wiki's? Sadface.

VoraciousAardvark on
    DirectLogo.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'll probably be adding quite a bit tomorrow.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well, I fine-tuned my bit of the thing, that's about it.

I really, really like this method of keeping character and campaign information.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm trying to join right now, sorry my IRC was acting up.

Saint Justice on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Alright, mark this one down, because it'll be the second time I've ever said something like this.

I was having a great time until combat started.

The other time would be that White Wolf game I mentioned, where we each played a character from a different book. Except we only had one werewolf that time.

But, yeah, up until we rolled initiative, it was awesome, I was really having a great time. I thought I was going to be too sleepy to play, but I forgot about that for quite a while. Also, Bearnado is my new favorite word.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Reynolds, I suggest you pick up some wired reflexes when you get the money, otherwise you might be left feeling a bit underpowered compared to everyone else. Also, I'm sure you'll get better at combat with experience, it's just a matter of knowing what you can actually do.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well, everyone that knew the system somehow forgot to mention the fact that there's more than one round per...round. I've never played any system with anything like that. My original character sheet didn't even have passes on it, because I had no clue that stat existed. The character sheet and character creation has it lumped in with the magic section, which I didn't read because I almost never use magic. Ignoring it was further reinforced when I saw that two people were already mages, but it looks like it was actually three.

I didn't know that magic was so integral to the system that 3/4 of the other characters took it, including the one I thought was focused on guns and vehicles. And the one off was the technology expert. Who still had extra passes, because of those Wired Reflexes. Which I did see. But, from the name and skimming the description, it looks to give a bonus to reaction and initiative.

Alright, now that's all out of my system. I'm not yelling at you guys or blaming you for me not understanding the system and combat that well. Just laying out my thought process and why I was annoyed. It seems strange to me that I've got the highest combat skill and the highest damage weapon, but I'm just left standing there. I wasn't aware you could get off a half-dozen well-aimed sniper shots or take out a wall and four or five characters in one round.

So, yeah...it's entirely my fault I don't understand Shadowrun, because I should have just read the book a lot closer. And I'm sorry about that holding things up. But, I just wish you guys could have helped me out when I gave you so many signs that I had no idea what was going on, as seen by the examples above. ;p

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    In the short term, you could have your character take copious doses of Cram, Jazz, and Kamikaze (all together for maximum enjoyment). Perhaps with a bit of Nitro and Novacoke thrown in while you're at it. (Note: All of these together will most definately kill you character once you come crashing down).

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Honestly, up until I played that old PbP game a while back I had no idea how extra initiative passes worked.

Like "Wait, there's abilities I can take that give me extra actions in each combat round?!? That can't be balanced."

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'd like to add here my experiences with other shadowrun games. I've never played in a game where anyone had only one intiative pass, except for two reason. One, deckers, they are usually built to have high matrix initiative. Or two, mages, who sometimes build for high astral initiatives, but not so much for the real world. Been wired reflexes, adept powers, magic, combat drugs, matrix initiative, etc., theres almost no reason for some one NOT to have at least one extra pass. I could understand it in a lesser game, but 450 points with the gear we were allowed is a pretty high power level.

When I chose the build for improved reflexes, and to sustain it better, I figured I was going to have to do so to keep up with everyone else, what with the cheaper cost (essence) and availability of cyber and bioware. So I was a little surprised when I had the highest number of passes, yeah.

VoraciousAardvark on
    DirectLogo.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    For something that's so important and overpowered, there are barely any references to it in the book. Like I said, it's not even on my character sheet. I had to look at the one online to try and find it.

I guess as long as I just kill everyone from really far away so that they never actually get to roll initiative, I'm fine. Of course, if I was able to carry my main weapon around, that might help. Although, with an eight strength, apparently a knife is really effective.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, eight strength. That'd put the Hulk to shame.

Valkun on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Yeah, like holy crap. Someone get this person a specially-made bow so they can start shooting down helicopters, stat.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    PMAvers wrote: »

Yeah, like holy crap. Someone get this person a specially-made bow so they can start shooting down helicopters, stat.

I already have one. It does 10P damage. You know the only firearm that does that much?

Panther XXL

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    We need some specialty arrows.

Timed explosive, MAD proximity sensors, flashbang, gas, boxing-gloves.

Der Waffle Mous on