Options

CAD ripped this off II

DamobDamob Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Check this out y'all:

hxxp://housd.net/archive_page.php?comicID=205

Well then. Two characters, one light haired and mentally unstable the other dark haired and level headed. The light haired crackpot announces that he is going to build the ultimate gaming console in robot form to the derision of the dark haired character. Later he builds it and presents it to the dark haired character, who passes out. This exactly mirrors a CAD storyline. Also, there is a penguin. Nuff said.

Feel free to agree or disagree but do keep it civil.

I should point out that when I tried to post something similar on CAD's forums it was deleted almost immediately, without warning or feed back.

Damob on

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    First off, I recommend editing your OP and using the [URL] tags, because most of us are too lazy to copy/paste unless it's incredibly interesting. But more people will click, since that's easier.

Like this: (URL=http://www.mywebsite.com/somestuff)This part will be underlined and clickable.(/URL)

Only replace the parentheses with square brackets. Which gives:

[/url]This part will be underlined and clickable.

Also you should provide a link to both this Housd place and CAD, preferably to two comics that best show whatever similarities you're trying to point out.

Keep in mind, however, that I still don't care. Just trying to help out. But keep this in mind: if this is your comic you're pimping, and this is just a sad attempt to sitewhore, we will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fuck you.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Damob wrote: »
    Check this out y'all:

http://housd.net/archive_page.php?comicID=205

Well then. Two characters, one light haired and mentally unstable the other dark haired and level headed.

There is a thing called archetypes, you know.
    The light haired crackpot announces that he is going to build the ultimate gaming console in robot form to the derision of the dark haired character. Later he builds it and presents it to the dark haired character, who passes out. This exactly mirrors a CAD storyline.

Could you provide the CAD comics for investigation?
    Also, there is a penguin. Nuff said.

That's the Linux penguin, dumbass.
    Feel free to agree or disagree but do keep it civil.

I should point out that when I tried to post something similar on CAD's forums it was deleted almost immediately, without warning or feed back.

Probably because it's a stupid topic, but we're a little nicer here.

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You're surprisingly vocal for someone who doesn't care:lol:

Damob on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    you must be joking.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is the second time you've posted this same topic in this same forum. The first one got locked, take a wild guess as to what will happen to this one man. No one seems to care if one mediocre webcomic does or does not rip off another one. Both of them have similarities to Penny Arcade, and no one is bringing that up. I found four or five panels that are almost a direct copy of Gabe's work, but I won't even bother to post them, because it's obvious which comic everyone prefers to read. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hi, welcome to the PA forums. Your time here will likely be short and painful.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Look seriously, If this is so inconsequential, then why all this hostility?

Damob on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You're surprisingly vocal for someone who doesn't care:lol:

:roll:

James on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Okay, you're wrong. Blatantly.

I just went through the CAD archives to put an end to this (I feel dirty). The super console robot bullshit happened in November, 2003 in CAD. It happened in December 2003 in Housd.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Forum culture. Basically, it keeps the retard out.

Plus you're annoying.

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Because it's what we do.

It looks like you're itchin' for a skull-fuckin', sitewhoring or no.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I LOVE this thread.

Its that perfect combination of perserverance and cluelessness.

I give it a " :^: "

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm pretty sure CAD did this first.

Mind you, both comics suck donkey dick, so really, who cares?

Edit: Speaking of, CAD managed to ruin the only thing in the latest comic that might have been even vaguely amusing by having the anchorman explain the joke.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Donkeys, I'd guess.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Yeah, we pretty much established that in the last thread he made :P

James on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hmmm...
    First comic featuring light haired spaced out guy and dark haired level headed guy:
    CAD: October 2002
    First comic from House D: March 2003

Robot console:
    CAD: November 2003
    House D: December 2003

Yeah, it looks like someone is ripping someone off here.
    But I don't feel like naming names.

I could go back and edit out the emoticons, but really, they express my feelings at dredging the archives of both these comics entirely too well.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    James wrote: »

Didn't even take a whole page, really.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I won't be staying. I joined the forum specifically to raise this issue. You think I want to spend more than the absolute minimum amount of time being anonymously abused by geek flamers? You'd be wrong. I just want it out there. That you don't care is fine but others might, so I hope to just leave it on the forum. I have done the same in several others.

Damob on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So I've not read either comic...have we established now that whoever writes/wrote Housd is a no-talent ripoff artist? Just want to be sure.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I must've missed that one.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I won't be staying. I joined the forum specifically to raise this issue. You think I want to spend more than the absolute minimum amount of time being anonymously abused by geek flamers? You'd be wrong. I just want it out there. That you don't care is fine but others might, so I hope to just leave it on the forum. I have done the same in several others.

Don't let the doorknob sodomize you on the way out. Actually, do that.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Well it's now clear that Housd is actually copying CAD.

Maybe you should take up the issue in Social Entropy, because there's nothing left to debate here.

James on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Okay, raise the issue. But...You're wrong.

And, as has been said, both comics are absolute horse shit, so...it's not even a pressing issue.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Also, this suggests that this thread needs to be nuked rather than locked. Just because you seem to want it to stick around.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You joined a forum for a videogame webcomic for the sole purpose of accusing a second videogame webcomic of ripping off the storyline of a third videogame comic.

Then when we don't all stand up and raise our righteous indignation at the injustice of it all, you start with the insults.

And you're claiming you're not a sitewhore, right?

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

(clap) (clap) ... (clap)

Can we all go home now that you've wasted our time?

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Did you not see the part where you were proven wrong about it? Perhaps you should take that into consideration.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You joined a forum for a videogame webcomic for the sole purpose of accusing a second videogame webcomic of ripping off the storyline of a third videogame comic.

Yes, and apparently we're geeks. O_o

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

You wanted to raise the issue that your(poorly drawn) comic ripped off CAD by over a month? Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Spectral Swallow on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    mcdermott wrote: »

Maybe you should send him to Iraq :P

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

You wanted to raise the issue that your(poorly drawn) comic ripped off CAD by over a month? Thanks for bringing that to our attention.
    Not to mention this was three and a half years ago.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

That's why I didn't mention it.

Spectral Swallow on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

That's why I didn't mention it.

Well, shucks.

I mean, shit.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

The US has already done enough to fuck that poor country up already. :lol:

Edit: Why isn't this thread locked and the TC perma IP banned yet?

Gaddez on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    To be fair, Will told him he could remake the thread.

Will is the worst mod ever.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Gaddez wrote: »

The US has already done enough to fuck that poor country up already. :lol:

Edit: Why isn't this thread locked and the TC perma IP banned yet?

I'm guessing Irond Will couldn't imagine this dumbass would actually do this again this quickly. That or he's simply making preparations to nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.
    Elendil wrote: »
    To be fair, Will told him he could remake the thread.

Will is the worst mod ever.

To be fair he could not have known the depths of stupidity from which this guy had crawled.

mcdermott on
This discussion has been closed.