Options

The [Movie] Thread brought to you by Ang Lee in 120 FPS

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    what is this bullshit

Turn on your monitor

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Gotem

Ah, my favourite Saiyan

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

This is such a painful read. Studio notes from a test screening/working print of Blade Runner, for those that can’t see the embed; too many to list them on mobile, but here are some good ones:

“I thought we decided to lose the stick figures”
    “Voiceover is an insult” (mentioned like 4 or 5 times)
    “Deckard at the piano is interminable”
    “This movie gets worse every screening”

Fawst on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Well at least we can rest assured with the fact that the studios didn't know what they were talking about, because that movie came out and it- wait, what? You're telling me it flopped miserably, and a good cut of it wasn't released until ten years later?

Nevermind

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Blade Runner is interminable

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Doctor Sleep owns though

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I tried to watch Blade Runner once

Gave up part way through

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The more a movie is a closeup of someone not saying anything the more artistic it is

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Blade Runner is worth it for Blade Runner 2049

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Blade runner is the perfect movie to play when it's night, it's raining torrentially outside, you've got it on in the background while you do some art, and also you're halfway through a bottle of whiskey.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Blade Runner is weird and great.

• Options
    Whoa what the hell, good job Bill

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Alex Winter with the "What the fuck you go bill" tweets.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Would you honestly expect less from one of the founding members of Wyld Stallyns?

Their music brings about world peace!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Probably comes from someone who was a young man in hollywood when a lot of predators were around.

I guess he also was the director of a documentary on the Panama Papers so truth to power is his squad goal.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Holy shit how did he snag just "Winter" as his handle, that rules

• Options
    Also didn't the studio mandate the Blade Runner voiceover?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Would you honestly expect less from one of the founding members of Wyld Stallyns?

Their music brings about world peace!

he and Keanu both really seem to have taken "be excellent to each other" to heart

• Options
    Honestly when I saw ‘Alex Winter’ and ‘cancel culture’ in a tweet I immediately assumed the worst

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i finally got to see the russian bride today, and it is fucking insane. if you ever wanted to see a coked up corbin bernsen with a katana fight a lady with a hammer for a hand, there is no better place to turn.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Also didn't the studio mandate the Blade Runner voiceover?

The guys giving the notes are the E.P.'s. Maybe Im wrong but I assume that they aren't necessarily the studio guys that directors normally complain about?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the theatrical cut of Blade Runner did suck ass, that's a known fact

• Options
    I've always found the narration has a certain charm
    Except the bit where Ford drops the n-word, that is

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I saw both Parasite and Doctor Sleep this weekend and I liked Doctor Sleep more than I liked Parasite.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Wait what? Why would they write that? What context could possibly lead to that?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blade Runner is a great example of how being instantly accessible doesn't necessarily mean for better art

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I only watched Blade Runner for the first time recently and was surprised by how much it didn't feel slow and boring which is what I'd been made to expect. I thought the pace was pretty average. 2049 feels way slower to me.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Wait what? Why would they write that? What context could possibly lead to that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A3JkjScUKY
    1:20

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Oh god that's so bad, all of that, why

• Options
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    those studio notes seem mostly accurate. Film is boring and the voice over is bad.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The Blade Runner narration is catastrophe grade, Harrison Ford read it with a pistol pressed to the back of his skull and he was strongly considering just taking the bullet throughout

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I've never been more baffled at everyone loving a movie more than Blade Runner. While growing up all my friends claimed they loved it. I much preferred Brazil for my dystopian future bullshit.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've never seen the 2013 Texas Chainsaw 3D so I guess I'm going to watch it now.

That's how much I love Alexandra Daddario.

• Options
    Man my first exposure to Alexandra Daddario was in the episode of Always Sunny she was in, and I let out an audible, "What the fuck?"

She must have eaten a lot of orphans or whatever.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Man my first exposure to Alexandra Daddario was in the episode of Always Sunny she was in, and I let out an audible, "What the fuck?"

She must have eaten a lot of orphans or whatever.
    I'm really not following you here

• Options
    I was very surprised at how attractive she was. Like when you see your first perfectly plated bowl of chili, you know? It's surprising.

This discussion has been closed.