Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

East 2020 Shuttles

XomasXomas Registered User regular
I know it is really early, but there is a shuttle service that goes to hotels in the area. It is free and WONDERFUL! Just making sure I get the word out as people are picking up their tickets and looking at hotels / places to say.

Posts

  • SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    I was wondering if the new fancy casino they opened up would have a water taxi service. They do but it doesnt start until like 12pm so its not very useful to getting to the BCEC in the morning unfortunately. Kind of a shame as it would be a pretty nice hotel service if it left earlier since its only $7 per ride

  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Satoru wrote: »
    I was wondering if the new fancy casino they opened up would have a water taxi service. They do but it doesnt start until like 12pm so its not very useful to getting to the BCEC in the morning unfortunately. Kind of a shame as it would be a pretty nice hotel service if it left earlier since its only $7 per ride

    You don't want to be on a small boat in boston harbor in February.

    kropotkinMephistoN7deestar
  • helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    I'm most likely just going to walk everywhere, but just in case, is there somewhere I can read up more on the shuttle service? like the schedule, the stops, etc?

    48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    helen0rz wrote: »
    I'm most likely just going to walk everywhere, but just in case, is there somewhere I can read up more on the shuttle service? like the schedule, the stops, etc?

    I believe this info comes out closer to the event. Not sure if it's when the show schedule comes out, but close.

    mhnaaxmxvyb1.png
  • starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    helen0rz wrote: »
    I'm most likely just going to walk everywhere, but just in case, is there somewhere I can read up more on the shuttle service? like the schedule, the stops, etc?

    I believe this info comes out closer to the event. Not sure if it's when the show schedule comes out, but close.

    From past years, yes it's only officially out maybe a month before the actual event. From what they've done in the past they have shuttles to all they partnering hotels (correct me if I'm wrong) except for those in the Seaport district. It's fine if you're in the Westin/Aloft/Element since that's a stone's throw away. But keep that in mind if you're at the Yotel since I'm pretty sure that's out of shuttle wrong but still a bit of a walk for February

    5fhxvn385q28.png
  • helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    starNOstar wrote: »

    From past years, yes it's only officially out maybe a month before the actual event. From what they've done in the past they have shuttles to all they partnering hotels (correct me if I'm wrong) except for those in the Seaport district. It's fine if you're in the Westin/Aloft/Element since that's a stone's throw away. But keep that in mind if you're at the Yotel since I'm pretty sure that's out of shuttle wrong but still a bit of a walk for February

    ok, so I wasn't crazy. I recall sometime before badge sale, there's info about shuttles, but couldn't find it after, so I thought I imagined it. Good to know. thank you!

    48vla9t2j9ff.png
  • starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    This will be our first time flying into Boston instead of driving. Does anyone know about AIRPORT shuttles, if there is free shuttle transportation from the airport to area hotels? My local airport offers a free shuttle service to certain hotels but don't know anything about Boston's. Specifically to the Revere by the Commons

    5fhxvn385q28.png
  • SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    edited October 29
    starNOstar wrote: »
    This will be our first time flying into Boston instead of driving. Does anyone know about AIRPORT shuttles, if there is free shuttle transportation from the airport to area hotels? My local airport offers a free shuttle service to certain hotels but don't know anything about Boston's. Specifically to the Revere by the Commons

    https://www.reverehotel.com/faq

    Unfortunately, we do not provide shuttle service, however our onsite valet will be happy to call you a taxi, or our onsite concierge can also schedule you private transportation upon request.


    Since there's no shuttle your cheaper choices are

    1) Take the blue line from Airport station to State. then transfer to the orange line, take it to Tufts Medical, and then a 5 minute walk to the hotel
    2) Take the Logan Express from the airport to the Back Bay drop off, but that's a 10 minute walk to the hotel

    I'm not sure how much a cab from the airport to downtown boston would be. Maybe $15-20? Someoen else might give you a better idea.

    Satoru on
  • starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Satoru wrote: »
    starNOstar wrote: »
    This will be our first time flying into Boston instead of driving. Does anyone know about AIRPORT shuttles, if there is free shuttle transportation from the airport to area hotels? My local airport offers a free shuttle service to certain hotels but don't know anything about Boston's. Specifically to the Revere by the Commons

    https://www.reverehotel.com/faq

    Unfortunately, we do not provide shuttle service, however our onsite valet will be happy to call you a taxi, or our onsite concierge can also schedule you private transportation upon request.


    Since there's no shuttle your cheaper choices are

    1) Take the blue line from Airport station to State. then transfer to the orange line, take it to Tufts Medical, and then a 5 minute walk to the hotel
    2) Take the Logan Express from the airport to the Back Bay drop off, but that's a 10 minute walk to the hotel

    I'm not sure how much a cab from the airport to downtown boston would be. Maybe $15-20? Someoen else might give you a better idea.

    Perfect, thanks for the info!

    5fhxvn385q28.png
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    starNOstar wrote: »
    This will be our first time flying into Boston instead of driving. Does anyone know about AIRPORT shuttles, if there is free shuttle transportation from the airport to area hotels? My local airport offers a free shuttle service to certain hotels but don't know anything about Boston's. Specifically to the Revere by the Commons
    MBTA Silver line is free from the airport, and has a free transfer to the Red Line at South Station. Red Line has free transfers to the Orange and Green Lines at Downtown Crossing and Park St.

    JfqWFk8.png
    PAX Unplugged 2017 checklist: Complete
    PAX East 2018 checklist: Accomodations [X] Enforcer Roll Call [_] Travel [X] Time Off requested [_] Time Off approved [_]
    Sleep
Sign In or Register to comment.