As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    The poison animation in BGs is awful.

Maybe it's just Megasaur that should go.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Poisonous is a necessary evil to combat the ridiculous stat scaling that can occur, as Dover said

I think maybe the bigger problem is things like having a board of 5-6 Poisonous minions due to things like Megasaur or repeated Toxfins.

Hmmm.......

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Poisonous is a necessary evil to combat the ridiculous stat scaling that can occur, as Dover said

I think maybe the bigger problem is things like having a board of 5-6 Poisonous minions due to things like Megasaur or repeated Toxfins.

Hmmm.......

Yeah, I think they could do without poison being a buff to stop people from just building an entire board of poison.

Though it was significantly rarer before. Bagurgle has caused significant issues. Now it's possible to build murlocs that can contend in late game without having to hit brann/megasaur for the poison/divine shields.

Now hitting the megasaur combo just makes a highly likely win a near certainty.

That said, removing all the poison buffs would leave you only with Maexxna at Tier 6. Perhaps they should add in a few more poisonous minions with lesser stat-lines and different tribes at tier 4/5 if they do remove toxfin/megasaur.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the big reason for me as to why i don't play battlegrounds is the huge way it revolves around divine shield and poison

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Deck imager is all updated for Descent of Dragons.

All set for pack opening day.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Best way to win divine shield murloc battles is to be Nef. Feels like cheating.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Best way to win divine shield murloc battles is to be Nef. Feels like cheating.

A strange game. The only winning move is to be Nef.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Aside from some balancing, I'd really like them to work on their matchmaking within the battlegrounds lobbies.

Why am I constantly bouncing between the same people? That person has by far the strongest set-up in the lobby. If you let me play against anyone else I likely hit top 4, but no you're going to face me off against that same person twice in 3 matches and make me take so much damage I get eliminated from 35+ health.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So little confused. over the weekend in ranked i was seeing the new expansion cards. I thought while you could open packs early (at a gathering), you couldnt be playing them in ranks until tuesday?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Like... your opponents were playing them?

• Options
    forty wrote: »

Yes

• Options

Erh...nevermind. apparently they were uldum cards...just ones that i had never seen actually used before. (like plague of flames). that guy was definately experimenting...

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    So little confused. over the weekend in ranked i was seeing the new expansion cards. I thought while you could open packs early (at a gathering), you couldnt be playing them in ranks until tuesday?

Erh...nevermind. apparently they were uldum cards...just ones that i had never seen actually used before. (like plague of flames). that guy was definately experimenting...

m5i1bo2.png

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    7k!

Hearthstone-Screenshot-12-09-19-22-53-29.png

I had a bad run that dropped me from 6800 to 6500, but I bounced back with 1-2-1-1-2 to finally break the 7k mark.

A big win with Mal'ganis and 1-2 finishes with George really kept the streak going since placing high with Rafaam and Brann are expected. I've been working hard on placing well with mediocre/bad heroes with far more aggro gameplay and it's been paying off. I won the George run by doing a deathrattle beast build once I realized no one else was going that direction. I knocked out 4 people straight and then had a single round to beat Nef before he got a megasaur to finish his murloc build. A golden Ghastcoiler died and spawned well, killing him with room to spare in that single round.

I'm prob not going to hit 8k because I don't play enough, but hey, still feeling good :)

sanstodo on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Supposedly, being over 5.5k puts you in the top 1%.

I made it to 5750, but then had a massive streak of setbacks to push me down under 4700. I’m back up over 5k now, but sheesh, this is swingy.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Did they ever put in a way to buy and open multiple packs at a time?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

The buying you can do. I think double click on the 100G pricetag? Double click on something, then you can type in how many you want to purchase.

Opening multiple packs at a time I'm afraid you're forced to do it the fun way. :P

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    What time is the expansion supposed to hit today? I am working from home for reasons absolutely unrelated to opening packs in peace and quiet, just asking for...science.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    What time is the expansion supposed to hit today? I am working from home for reasons absolutely unrelated to opening packs in peace and quiet, just asking for...science.

Going by past expansions anytime from 10am-2pm..whenever they flip everything on.

• Options
    wonderpug wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »

The buying you can do. I think double click on the 100G pricetag? Double click on something, then you can type in how many you want to purchase.

Opening multiple packs at a time I'm afraid you're forced to do it the fun way. :P

So the multi-buying you double click on the 1 pack option on the relevant expansion. Then it'll give you a dialog box to input the number of packs you want to buy for gold. The limit in one is 50, so if you have over 5000 gold you'll need to do it a couple of times to buy all the packs you want.

In terms of auto-opening you have to open them one by one, but you can use space bar to open the next pack and press it again to reveal all the cards. Bit quicker than dragging.

Though we all know that dragging and warming the pack up before opening brings the best luck.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    If you have autohotkey you can write a macro to spam spacebar when you hold down a specific key. Set it to a corner key like left control, put a book on it, and come back in 5 minutes.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    If you have autohotkey you can write a macro to spam spacebar when you hold down a specific key. Set it to a corner key like left control, put a book on it, and come back in 5 minutes.

Instructions unclear, dusted entire collection.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    This expansion looks broken as fuck so I can't imagine that it will be very fun to play

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Gonna be a whole lot of games decided by turn 5.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Flamewreathed Faceless with Rush and +1/+1!! And no Overload!!!!! What could go wrong!!!!!!!!!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Don't forget the guy that makes all your dragons cost (2) less forever, on an ideally statted body, with no downside.

• Options
    I'm less worried about this expansion being OP than i am to see the cancerous decks from the previous expansion remain in play. (Wall priest/Wall rogue). that Rogue Legendary Flik should have been a neutral to put a stop to that reborn/deathrattle bullshit.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    S'OK, after buying their packs and getting tired of busted shit, everyone will just rush back to Battlegrounds. All according to keikaku.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    I can't imagine Wall Rogue will exist in any real capacity with N'Zoth back out of Standard.

• Options
    Battlegrounds is starting to get a bit repetative. new heroes dont change the sameness of what the late game looks like. if you got a lot of poison and shields or momma bears and beasts your likely gonna win. I think it needs a new arctype like dragons to rotate in and a removal of say, merlocs. either that or a card that lets you buff one of your minions to make them immune to poison.

• Options
    I can't imagine Wall Rogue will exist in any real capacity with N'Zoth back out of Standard.

true but priests didnt really need it.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Battlegrounds is starting to get a bit repetative. new heroes dont change the sameness of what the late game looks like. if you got a lot of poison and shields or momma bears and beasts your likely gonna win. I think it needs a new arctype like dragons to rotate in and a removal of say, merlocs. either that or a card that lets you buff one of your minions to make them immune to poison.

They need to adjust murlocs, add dragons, and balance some heroes. Rafaam needs to be changed, Nef's power needs to cost more.

• Options
    I think adding a new group like dragons probably would work better with rotating out one of the existing groups. either that or removing a lot of the cards that arent played much at all (of which there are a few).

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    This expansion looks broken as fuck so I can't imagine that it will be very fun to play

It’s pretty wild to look at a card that is strictly better than Antique Healbot in every single way and think, “nah, that’s not gonna hang.”

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Wild is going to be really fun.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The alternative is something like rastakhan’s rumble, where most of the set is so milquetoast that the meta barely changes. After months and months of shaman and quest druid I’m ready for new broken stuff

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    It's Live now!!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Edit: Tits, it's live and I got in. pop into the shop and get your free hero.

zepherin on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Hearthstone_2019-12-10-13-30-08.png?width=1083&height=610
    Hearthstone_2019-12-10-13-33-20.png?width=1083&height=610
    Hearthstone_2019-12-10-13-33-41.png?width=1083&height=610

Another 1st place! Like ObiFett, I had to abandon my baby (at the time, it was a 1/5 and I wasn't getting the other tribal synergies I needed to pump it) so instead of trying to play the long game and fish for the other Tribal buffs, I simply chose something that was going to better for the current situation.

(And, yes, that's a board of Murlocs with Poisonous AND Windfury. I even missed a third Megasaur because Mobile, hooray!)

This meta sucks. It's literally Get Murlocs Or Die Trying and it fucking sucks. Demons aren't strong enough despite the added buffs; Poisonous is way too strong against your big growers, there's anti synergy with Floating Watcher and Mal'ganis, can't get Poisonous or Divine Shield unless Amalgam. Mechs are fine still, but..... Beasts??? Are???????? ?????????????

So, yep. BGs needs some changes. I'd say fucking get rid of Megasaur at this point and move Bagurgle to T6. Shit's fucking crazy.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The story of 101 packs:
    4 packs in, Yesera unbound.
    7 packs in, Valdris Felgorge
    8 packs in, first epic, 1 golden rare
    11 packs in golden common
    15 packs in second epic (Stormhammer)
    16 packs, golden common
    17 packs, golden common
    20 packs in third epic (Veiled worshipper)
    26 packs in golden common
    28 packs in fourth epic (Wyrmrest Purifier)
    29 packs in fifth epic (blowtorch saboteur)
    32 in, golden rare
    34 in, golden common
    35 packs in, Waxadred
    37 packs in, sixth epic (Toxic reinforcements)
    39 packs in 7th epic (Dread Raven)
    40 packs in, 8th epic (blowtorch saboteur)
    43 packs in, 9th epic (Necium Apothecary)
    46 packs in, Dragonbane
    51 packs in, 10th epic (Rolling fireball)
    53 packs in, 11th epic (Umbral skulker)
    55 packs in, 12th epic (Skyfin)
    56 packs in, 13th epic (Ramming speed)
    57 packs in, golden common
    59 packs in, 14th epic (Dragons Pack)
    62 packs in, Ancharrr
    63 packs in, 15th epic (Dread Raven)
    70 packs in, Flik Skyshiv, 16th epic (Tentacled Menace), Golden Common
    72 packs, golden rare
    75 packs in, 17th epic (Mana giant)
    76 packs in, Zzeraku the Warped
    84 packs in, 18th epic (Cumulo-maximus)
    88 packs in, golden common
    93 packs in, golden rare, 19th epic (Mana giant)
    94 golden rare
    101th pack, 20th and 21st epic (Necrium apothecary and Wyrmrest purifier)

Totals:
    7 leggos
    21 epics
    5 golden rares
    7 golden commons

Not too shabby. The number of epics seems to have increased which im not complaining about.