Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I think I've done it once. And I'm very careful not to do the final tap as Lich until I need the gold immediately to allow for one misclick.

The worst part was I was rafeem and I didn’t even need the minion I just picked it up I was going to drop it in get the plus 4 plus 4 and then sell.

Yep, I think that's exactly how it happened to me.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Then again, sometimes demon runs go perfectly and you know you're gonna win by turn 5:

Hearthstone-Screenshot-01-27-20-19-22-02.png

Update: I murdered everyone in the lobby by a wide margin, with my only dmg taken from myself. Two players also rage quit during mid-game after facing me.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I was on demons and I never saw any Jugglers. Which is kinda weird, because I also didn't see them on the other player I faced who had demons. but not super remarkable because sometimes RNG gonna RNG.

And then I had the final match against the top1 player, who had 2 golden and 1 normal Juggler. I don't know what he was thinking, he didn't even have voidlords. Any Zapp would just insta-kill him and even without Zapp he didn't manage to kill my beefy demons because even with 5 juggles per dead demon, if you don't have space for demons, that's still only like 25 juggles, which just isn't enough.

edit: The newest Trolden has a clip where some guy does sick stuff with TabbyCat in BGs. (starts at 6:11)
    https://youtu.be/J7h0qQvZyko?t=371

Grobian on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    One of the good things with all this rogue play, is it it keeps the priest numbers down.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I accidently killed myself with wrathweave on BG. Wasn't paying attention, that I only had 1hp.

This is “pyromancer into muster for battle“ quality content.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I just saw a wild Uther OTK highlander pally that uses the making mummies quest and no reborn minions, just so it can generate coins from licensed adventurers for the beardo OTK

Next level galaxybrain strats

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I used up all my luck for today.

Mage is sitting at 15 and me with no minions on the board. I play Gal and get this:

nf4do4q4bduw.gif

I had played Scheme earlier and had to BM a little.

Sometimes lucky.

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    highlander hunter is juicy with prenerf extra arms (and set to become juicier next week with rotnest drake) with a light secret package (rat/snake) + rush package

it's the deck i am most comfortable playing at mid-high legend

Beasteh on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Beasteh wrote: »
    highlander hunter is juicy with prenerf extra arms (and set to become juicier next week with rotnest drake) with a light secret package (rat/snake) + rush package

it's the deck i am most comfortable playing at mid-high legend

I watched a video of Trump piloting that type of deck from rank 1 to Legend. Looked pretty cool.

Edit: https://youtu.be/3cMvBIFRuBA

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Shit, I'm in a lobby with Brian Kibler:

Hearthstone-Screenshot-01-28-20-21-50-11.png

We both got some shit luck tho, not sure I'm gonna do myself any favors.

Update: I placed better than he did. He got 7th, I got 5th in a lobby with some insane high rolls.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Darryl has to be one of the most bad luck resistant heroes there is. Most heroes have essentially no way to salvage terrible offerings. Darryl can usually at least hold out a while dancing on Divine Shield minions.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    forty wrote: »
    Darryl has to be one of the most bad luck resistant heroes there is. Most heroes have essentially no way to salvage terrible offerings. Darryl can usually at least hold out a while dancing on Divine Shield minions.

From what I could tell, he got offered basically nothing and died horribly. He tried dancing on a shielded minibot but it wasn't enough to survive the high rolls.

Edit: It was one of those lobbies were a few people got different perfect rolls and proceeded to smash everyone else to bits. I only got 5th because I got a ghost one turn when two other people died.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    So freaking frustrating. Had multiple sets of doubles but couldn't find a triple to save my soul even though no one else was in my tribe. Like, ok, thanks for deciding I lose, not sure what to learn other than be luckier.

• Options
    This is why I don't really like BGs and haven't invested much time into them

• Options
    This is why I don't really like BGs and haven't invested much time into them

Eh, it does balance out. I often vent here to avoid tilting in game. The next game went much better because I got Darryl so luck didn't matter much. Gained about 15 SR between the two games and now it's time for bed before the tides turn.

• Options
    esna2fqduds0.png

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    play big men go face win game

• Options
    This weeks solo adventure is more difficult than last week. I had to restart a couple of times

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    esna2fqduds0.png

PEAK. HEARTHSTONE.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    play big men go face win game

look on the bright side

at least it isn't progressively larger men

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Who'd have thought pre-nerf Wild Growth + card draw would be OP?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Who'd have thought pre-nerf Wild Growth + card draw would be OP?

The design team seems to think that any kind of conditional on a card warrants at least a 1 mana cost reduction regardless of any additional benefits alongside the conditional.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    This weeks solo adventure is more difficult than last week. I had to restart a couple of times

I had to restart a couple of times but I just used the Big Druid against most and Combo Priest against the overload boss. They couldn't handle the big minions over and over again.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I played Exodia Mage and beat them all in one go.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I'm actually considering crafting + using the black knight because fuck these wall druids

• Options
    I'm actually considering crafting + using the black knight because fuck these wall druids

Better off just using silence on a stick like owl or something.

• Options
    the thing with Black Knight is that every time it pops up in the meta it almost always fall back out of favor very soon after

if you have the dust to spare i mean go for it, but....

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Kibler was using the Black Knight to great effect earlier this week.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Tinkmaster

Overspark

• Options
    sweet fancy quests with dust. Re-rolled a 50 into a 60 dust 60 gold, and got another. I’ll take that 120 dust.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I included the Rogue "kill them all" legendary in my Tess Rogue. One game I player her about six or seven times, thanks to Togwaggle's scheme and Shadowstep. It's taken it from being a bad matchup to being somewhat winnable.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I included the Rogue "kill them all" legendary in my Tess Rogue. One game I player her about six or seven times, thanks to Togwaggle's scheme and Shadowstep. It's taken it from being a bad matchup to being somewhat winnable.

I've held off crafting that card, but its proven to be good in general so I might have to use the dust

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    sweet fancy quests with dust. Re-rolled a 50 into a 60 dust 60 gold, and got another. I’ll take that 120 dust.
    Shit, are we in a buffed quest event? I already burned my daily reroll in the morning. :(

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Shit, are we in a buffed quest event? I already burned my daily reroll in the morning. :(

do ho ho, get thee wreck'ed, ye brother

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    When do you all play snip snap? It always feels like an awkward play for me. I’m not even sure if I’m thinking of sidelining it. I seam to only play it at 3 and it’s ok, or if I have zilliax I drop it at 8 with zilliax to make a Chonky boy. But at almost every other time there’s other stuff I’d rather play.

zepherin on
  • Options
    When do you all play snip snap? It always feels like an awkward play for me. I’m not even sure if I’m thinking of sidelining it. I seam to only play it at 3 and it’s ok, or if I have zilliax I drop it at 8 with zilliax to make a Chonky boy. But at almost every other time there’s other stuff I’d rather play.

It's fine to play on 3 if you have no better play. I usually like to save it for 9 and drop 3 Snips and make a board that's very difficult for my opponent to deal with (or stacking them into one giant boi, but that can be risky when you factor in removal/transforms/silence/saps etc).

I'd say most of the time I end up dropping it on 3 as a better Harvest Golem? It's fine.

Sometimes dropping two on 6 is alright too, but 6 is a weird spot compared to 9; you'd almost always rather just wait til 9 if you can.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I'd argue that Snip is worth dropping at any point on its mana curve

It's going to be weird when it and Zilliax are gone, I think Zilliax is one of the most used Hearthstone cards ever

• Options
    I'd argue that Snip is worth dropping at any point on its mana curve

It's going to be weird when it and Zilliax are gone, I think Zilliax is one of the most used Hearthstone cards ever
    Zilliax is in pretty much every deck. This next rotation is going to be a radical shift.

• Options
    man Zill was good even when removing magnetic from the equation

3/2 divine shield lifesteal taunt rush is a GOOD CARD

like yeah then sometimes he'd get slapped onto a 7/7 or 8/8 or some shit and you'd SCREAM but aside from those instances he was a good, balanced card. great anti-aggro tool and i will miss him.

tar creeper of the new generation, man

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    A much overdue shift at that.

I'd still love a set by set rotation, but I know that would be a lot more work so it'll never happen.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page