As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Day the Music Died - Prelude: Concerning Charlie Horse - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    You know guys, I appreciate that you all have such confidence in my phalla skills that you'll immediately create a bandwagon based on my baseless day 1 vote, it's flattering, really.

But I gotta question people who bandwagon super hard on day 1. I stated my reasons for voting for poor kime, who ended up village, but the rest of you didn't so much.

For now, I'm going !Pyphor for late-joining a random day 1 bandwagon. Couldn't even be bothered to grudge vote... have you no shame?

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Hey, hey, hey. A kimewagon is never a random bandwagon

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    The role below my own was seen as Villager

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Well that's a rough day one. I'm gonna take the night to sleep on things and hopefully something will come to me in the morning.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Moridin was interested enough to login at 'vote close' but not interested enough to actually catch up on the thread and figure out when vote close was from the host clarifications.
    Obifett's still evil tho.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    lost ninja for being rather unproductive yesterday. One comment towards the end if the day to get a vote in without much substance (yes day one is a silly day but there are new mechanics to talk about) also currently not being very talkative today.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Moridin[/b] was interested enough to login at 'vote close' but not interested enough to actually catch up on the thread and figure out when vote close was from the host clarifications.

Well changing my vote couldn'tve saved Kime and there were no other real conversations being had in thread

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Okay so we have three kills and kills are not narrated. Best case scenario we have a vig and a mafia kill. Worst case scenario we have two mafia kills or a mafia and a serial killer. Scenarios in between include more kills bumping into guards.

I think in the last Locus/Austin game village didn't have a traditional vig but had the DA/Judge system. There was a serial killer who joined the mafia on death which was odd but that game had no real kills. This game I would expect to at least not have full seer, but potentially to not have a vig either.

What does this mean? If a SK is in play then mafia/SK do not know all the role alignment information, so maybe think about posting it to the thread.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    So I didn’t check the role below me last night and instead chose a role at random because I did t like that doing the one below us could lead to our role.

Are we naming who we checked?

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Even with 38th's SK concern, I think the investigation information is more valuable to the the village so I would think revealing it would be a good idea. Question information could be dangerous potentially.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    I disagree Obi, a seered mafia gives a lot of power to the Question side of our power.

For what it is worth, I investigated Jack Lynch and they turned up village.

There is also some claims of a kind of role or seer block (last nights actions were cancelled for at least one person or at least claimed to have been)

I think giving information on roles of alignment especially is important info to get out there.

I'm not sold that this situation wasn't anticipated by the hosts and the mafia don't have extensive tools to make results like this worthless once made public. Letting them know which roles are "hot" seems like a great way for them to ensure that the people we end up finding with those roles aren't actually mafia.

ObiFett on
    edited November 2019
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Even with 38th's SK concern, I think the investigation information is more valuable to the the village so I would think revealing it would be a good idea. Question information could be dangerous potentially.

Okay, well I investigated Jack Hinks and they are Village.

LostNinja on
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I have no other useful knowledge to offer, but I tend to agree with Obi that I'm fairly confident the mafia have tools to take advantage of public knowledge. I don't know if that includes miller like effects so I still tend to think any knowledge we offer to the village is good. We just have to be careful about trusting everything everyone says at face value.

For what it's worth. I don't believe that LostNinja is mafia, based on quietness. They seem quite yes, but no more talkative than last game and they were vanilla last time.
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Moridin[/b] was interested enough to login at 'vote close' but not interested enough to actually catch up on the thread and figure out when vote close was from the host clarifications.

Well changing my vote couldn'tve saved Kime and there were no other real conversations being had in thread

There were a lot of conversations in the thread. There was a lot of talk on "seering" each other and talk about soft networking. Also, some discussion about possible game mechanics.

There is importance to reading the thread at least somewhat Moridin , unless you're mafia and could care less?

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    I am also aware that previous games mean nothing seeing how I was more talkative last game (cause I had more time).

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I would point out that 2 out of the three people killed are well known for their soft networking skills. For what that is worth.

edited November 2019
    Assuran wrote: »
    I would point out that 2 out of the three people killed are well known for their soft networking skills. For what that is worth.

There's a very very short list of players in this game, imo, that would both make the connection they need to kill soft networks and also know the players well known for soft networking.

ObiFett on
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    If everyone has a seer and you're advocating -not- discussing things publicly, what's the alternative?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Cythraul wrote: »
    If everyone has a seer and you're advocating -not- discussing things publicly, what's the alternative?

Smaller, non-public networks. Less chance of the mafia getting the information necessary to know where to point their powers.

So seer a player first then their rolename to confirm them, I suppose. Reach out to said player, provide your OWN rolename to them so they can also confirm you?

Steam
    I suppose a mafia could approach you with -any- rolename though that isn't theirs, so you'd likewise have to confirm anyone that approaches you by checking that they're not lying about the rolename given AND check the role's alignment. This could still take awhile.

After a pair of people have confirmed each other it would become much quicker as they can have one of the pair seer a role while the other seers a player.

Steam
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    For what it's worth. I don't believe that LostNinja is mafia, based on quietness. They seem quite yes, but no more talkative than last game and they were vanilla last time.

There were a lot of conversations in the thread. There was a lot of talk on "seering" each other and talk about soft networking. Also, some discussion about possible game mechanics.

There is importance to reading the thread at least somewhat Moridin , unless you're mafia and could care less?

Read my posts.

I was a big part of the conversation about seering each other and soft networking. Then I was at work for 9 hours and came in an hour before vote close. Nothing else of import was really discussed openly. Except killing kime, as is phalla tradition.

I investigated Able Rogers and they were village.

Or just start with a self-selected small group and then circle-seer each other until you all come to some useful results

Assuran wrote: »
    I have no other useful knowledge to offer, but I tend to agree with Obi that I'm fairly confident the mafia have tools to take advantage of public knowledge. I don't know if that includes miller like effects so I still tend to think any knowledge we offer to the village is good. We just have to be careful about trusting everything everyone says at face value.

I agree with this. With everyone having seeresque powers, it makes no sense for the mafia to have no ability to mess with those.

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    So, how do we go about putting together a small group, if that is the approach we take?

Pick a couple people, send some PMs, start working together

Lets go shalmelo or someone I guess

Cause this substitute phone appears to be turning the forum into a picture and downloading it from the moon, and shalmelo didn't seem to say much yesterday

Read my posts.

I was a big part of the conversation about seering each other and soft networking. Then I was at work for 9 hours and came in an hour before vote close. Nothing else of import was really discussed openly. Except killing kime, as is phalla tradition.

I was simply pointing out that there were a lot of conversations going on. You were part of that, yes. However, I also don't like the excuse of staying on a train day 1 as "I couldn't save them if I switched" To me day 1 votes don't really matter (cause they are mainly fun/grudge and not serious), but how people react to the votes, they sometimes do. I still stick to my vote.

Then again, I was wrong about everyone except my husband Green last game. This just goes to prove "when in doubt your spouse is always mafia."

Read my posts.

I was simply pointing out that there were a lot of conversations going on. You were part of that, yes. However, I also don't like the excuse of staying on a train day 1 as "I couldn't save them if I switched" To me day 1 votes don't really matter (cause they are mainly fun/grudge and not serious), but how people react to the votes, they sometimes do. I still stick to my vote.

I voted for virgil for their eating horse joke. This time is a time for grieving and vengeance, not humor

ObiFett wrote: »

Smaller, non-public networks. Less chance of the mafia getting the information necessary to know where to point their powers.

This seems worse to me as it’s easier for mafia to infiltrate and misdirect a small soft network than if all information is in the open.

Read my posts.

I voted for virgil for their eating horse joke. This time is a time for grieving and vengeance, not humor

You make a valid point. Then I go back to Cythrul Was also part of the Kime train and just have a bad feeling.

• oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think the smaller network is just as open, if not moreso, to mafia shenanigans.

I'm opting for keeping this open... I investigated Doctor John, and he is Village.

Votes for me don't count if you don't spell my name right.

Steam
    It's my mafia totally village power.

Steam
    Votes for me don't count if you don't spell my name right.

Cythraul Typos for the win!

Curses!

Steam
    oldmanken wrote: »
    So, how do we go about putting together a small group, if that is the approach we take?

PM people and ask if they want to join a group. Get something like 3-6 people together and start doing some circular verification. Start off with verifying roles alignment (this information will be important to everyone) then go back the next night and question everyone circularly. Chances are the chain will be broken by deaths/role blocks but a portion of the chain should now be doubly verified. After that start growing the group.

The main risk here is mafia joining multiple groups which is why going to the thread to post some information should be useful since it would be odd for people to claim roles and see those results pop up for people not in your chain.

@LostNinja did you choose Jack Hinks randomly? I had someone claim the role to me and if anyone is or has heard claims of this role and we have not been talking I would like to hear from you.

Sir Fab is being too quiet and I want my vote off LN for now.