Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Death Stranding

13468914

Posts

  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    This is what I sing in my head every time someone talks about the BB.

    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited November 9
    So important notes:

    Vehicles are repaired at any place with a private room, they take the elevator down and get repaired while you sleep.

    The trike at least can not outrun BTs, however blood grenades work real well.

    Don’t try to shortcut through the incinerator after the first time you have to go there.

    What exactly does Sam poop? He never eats anything.

    Also, you can skip cutscenes in the private room.

    Lasbrook on
  • EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    he poops pure, solid monster energy

    Crippl3
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Question for people who finished the first BT encounter
    Is that one supposed to be especially difficult? It seemed like crouching did almost fuck all and that is almost impossible to find a safe way around them. I had to fight my way out of a puddle twice.

    I've encountered BTs three times so far and have yet to get caught

    I watch that flapping signal like a hawk (which gets much harder when you have a lot of shit on your back blocking your view, by the way!) and basically never stop moving

    I feel like every single cutscene leading up to the actual BT encounter led me astray in terms of how I'm supposed to deal with them. I figured if one is really close I just stop and hold my breath and it'll go away after a while!

    It will not.

    Crouch, hold your breath, keep moving, breath for just a second when you get down to a quarter stamina, and keep moving. There’s a lag between your breath and the hit, so it become a game of gasp and dodge.

    Thanks for this tip, by the way.

    Just had my second BT encounter, and it worked perfectly.

    IKknkhU.gif
    Phillishere
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Considering I drink all 5 cans every time I go to the private room, yeah that tracks.

    Does this mean your shit is also what is in your canteen that turns water into monster?

  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    there is no way the next incarnation of fallout doesnt end up resemembling this. it would really be interesting to see this game modded on pc

    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    DouglasDanger
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I kinda hate how much the breadcrumbs they've thrown down have worked on me cause boy I really wanna know what the hell the death stranding was

    and also how long ago cause some stuff refers to developments two or three years ago but others reference decades??

    6F32U1X.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I kinda hate how much the breadcrumbs they've thrown down have worked on me cause boy I really wanna know what the hell the death stranding was

    and also how long ago cause some stuff refers to developments two or three years ago but others reference decades??

    Spoilers up through chapter 2
    3 years ago is when Amelie set out to establish all the BRIDGES facilities

    I get the impression that the Death Stranding was a long time ago, it seems like only older folks remember what it was like before the world was the way it is

  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    How come nobody told me this dipshit has a dumbass dreamcatcher

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    How come nobody told me this dipshit has a dumbass dreamcatcher

    Kojima, Reedus, or...?

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Turns out this is actually a game about how much I love my goofy little jar fetus

    Descendant X
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    How come nobody told me this dipshit has a dumbass dreamcatcher

    Probably because literally nobody knew anything about the game until like yesterday

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have a real problem with picking up every piece of cargo I find

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    Phillishere
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Can someone save me $60 and just tell me what the deal with jar fetus is?

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Can someone save me $60 and just tell me what the deal with jar fetus is?

    It's a bridge baby.

    That should clear it up for you nicely

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    HermanoJandaru
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    The whole BB thing is uuhhh

    Kinda fucked up.

    StiltsKing RiptorSpeed RacerMedium DaveVeldrinAistanCrippl3WheatBun01KetBra
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    How come nobody told me this dipshit has a dumbass dreamcatcher

    I don’t recall it being in any of the promotional material.

    It, uh, is definitely not a great look.

    IKknkhU.gif
    Fencingsax
  • It is as gross as it is stupid and boy its dumb as fuck like high school dumb

    WheatBun01
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Oh fuuuuuck the wind farm, the BTs can have it, I don’t want it anymore

    6F32U1X.png
    milski
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I do find soothing the BB to be kind of annoying.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I do find soothing the BB to be kind of annoying.

    Wait til you get to the Raphael the Vulcan raven fight

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    FencingsaxGR_ZombieCrippl3
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I do find soothing the BB to be kind of annoying.

    I don't mind it in principle but i think the meter fills up too slowly
    TheStig wrote: »
    Can someone save me $60 and just tell me what the deal with jar fetus is?

    Spoilers up to chapter 2
    Bridge Babies are mostly developed fetuses extracted from the wombs of "stillmothers," women who died while pregnant. Or, mostly died? They're braindead and kept in medically induced comas, and the game's magic internet is used to keep the jar synced up with the mother's womb. Because they're both technically unborn and also kind of undead, BBs have a high sensitivity to the land of the dead, and can be used to sense the presence of BTs, vengeful ghosts that can cause nuclear scale explosions if they come in contact with a living person. At the point in at, it's not clear if there are dozens, hundreds, or thousands of BBs, and considering how they're made the implications are uh. Toubling

    That said, I kind of want to wait and see where the game's going with BBs before passing too much judgment?

    More chapter 2 stuff
    like, Bridges and the UCA seem. Pretty obviously evil so far, even though they're not being directly framed as such. Sam is functionally their prisoner, even though they keep handwaving all the things that make it seem like he's a prisoner. They steal his blood while he sleeps. I was gonna add more but no I think the fact that they steal his blood while he sleeps pretty much gets it across. The human body is a collection of assets to them, to be exploited in order to revive America. The BBs right now feel like a particularly extreme version of that. I'm curious to see how that plot point and theme develop. Given the history of kojima's portrayal of women I definitely get why some folks have been pretty squicked out by the game featuring that kind of mass scale violence against women, and I can totally see getting to the end of this thing and still finding it to be a point of gross excess, but I dunno, I'm kind of raising my eyebrows are it but I'm curious to see how it fits into the bigger picture before I totally condemn it

    Honestly right now the point that has me a little more down on BBs is that a lot of the discussion around then in game has felt a bit... Pro-lifey, so far. Like, you have these cold dispassionate scientists insisting that it's just a piece of equipment and that you shouldn't ascribe humanity to it, but then you have good guy Norman Reedus recognizing that this thing is obviously a person and treating it with the same dignity and respect you'd treat any other baby. I got an email last night from an NPC reinforcing that perspective and... Yeahhhh I dunno again I wanna see where it's going with this but I'm not thrilled by the subtext here. Though also I have no idea how abortion discourse is framed in Japan.

  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The whole BB thing is uuhhh

    Kinda fucked up.

    From the very beginning, there is a lot of “maybe we’re the baddies” energy to the folks you work for.

  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Kojima write a game that’s not focused around a single catch-all concept that explains whatever the hell you want challenge

    “Chiral” has been ten times worse than “nanomachines” ever was

    6F32U1X.png
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I do find soothing the BB to be kind of annoying.

    I don't mind it in principle but i think the meter fills up too slowly
    TheStig wrote: »
    Can someone save me $60 and just tell me what the deal with jar fetus is?

    Spoilers up to chapter 2
    Bridge Babies are mostly developed fetuses extracted from the wombs of "stillmothers," women who died while pregnant. Or, mostly died? They're braindead and kept in medically induced comas, and the game's magic internet is used to keep the jar synced up with the mother's womb. Because they're both technically unborn and also kind of undead, BBs have a high sensitivity to the land of the dead, and can be used to sense the presence of BTs, vengeful ghosts that can cause nuclear scale explosions if they come in contact with a living person. At the point in at, it's not clear if there are dozens, hundreds, or thousands of BBs, and considering how they're made the implications are uh. Toubling

    That said, I kind of want to wait and see where the game's going with BBs before passing too much judgment?

    More chapter 2 stuff
    like, Bridges and the UCA seem. Pretty obviously evil so far, even though they're not being directly framed as such. Sam is functionally their prisoner, even though they keep handwaving all the things that make it seem like he's a prisoner. They steal his blood while he sleeps. I was gonna add more but no I think the fact that they steal his blood while he sleeps pretty much gets it across. The human body is a collection of assets to them, to be exploited in order to revive America. The BBs right now feel like a particularly extreme version of that. I'm curious to see how that plot point and theme develop. Given the history of kojima's portrayal of women I definitely get why some folks have been pretty squicked out by the game featuring that kind of mass scale violence against women, and I can totally see getting to the end of this thing and still finding it to be a point of gross excess, but I dunno, I'm kind of raising my eyebrows are it but I'm curious to see how it fits into the bigger picture before I totally condemn it

    Honestly right now the point that has me a little more down on BBs is that a lot of the discussion around then in game has felt a bit... Pro-lifey, so far. Like, you have these cold dispassionate scientists insisting that it's just a piece of equipment and that you shouldn't ascribe humanity to it, but then you have good guy Norman Reedus recognizing that this thing is obviously a person and treating it with the same dignity and respect you'd treat any other baby. I got an email last night from an NPC reinforcing that perspective and... Yeahhhh I dunno again I wanna see where it's going with this but I'm not thrilled by the subtext here. Though also I have no idea how abortion discourse is framed in Japan.

    Yeah I was thinking this exactly and I'm leery.
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The whole BB thing is uuhhh

    Kinda fucked up.

    From the very beginning, there is a lot of “maybe we’re the baddies” energy to the folks you work for.

    So from some chapter 2 is conversations with Deadman
    It seems like BB's were developed decades ago. Possibly right before the big ghost splosion I guess? Bridges just seems to be utilizing a lot of technology they don't really understand which is comforting all things considered. Like "hey, this Chiral Network that is basically dsl powered by the dead let's use that to 3d print stuff no way that can backfire!" So as of right now maybe not the baddies so much as the grossly incompetent?

  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just make a game about wizards imo

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    All that said I actually have no fucking clue what's going on at all so haha who knows I don't that's for sure!

    Raijin Quickfoot
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Just make a game about wizards imo

    I tried but I made Doom.

    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Linespider5
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Just make a game about wizards imo

    I tried but I made Doom.

    Doom has Zero Wizards

    You could have at least made Heretic or something

    97H9G7S.png PSN - Masked Unit | FFXIV - Laitarne Gilgamesh
    Crippl3
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    SOMEONE LIKED MY SIGN!

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    StiltsDark Raven X
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I do find soothing the BB to be kind of annoying.

    I don't mind it in principle but i think the meter fills up too slowly
    TheStig wrote: »
    Can someone save me $60 and just tell me what the deal with jar fetus is?

    Spoilers up to chapter 2
    Bridge Babies are mostly developed fetuses extracted from the wombs of "stillmothers," women who died while pregnant. Or, mostly died? They're braindead and kept in medically induced comas, and the game's magic internet is used to keep the jar synced up with the mother's womb. Because they're both technically unborn and also kind of undead, BBs have a high sensitivity to the land of the dead, and can be used to sense the presence of BTs, vengeful ghosts that can cause nuclear scale explosions if they come in contact with a living person. At the point in at, it's not clear if there are dozens, hundreds, or thousands of BBs, and considering how they're made the implications are uh. Toubling

    That said, I kind of want to wait and see where the game's going with BBs before passing too much judgment?

    More chapter 2 stuff
    like, Bridges and the UCA seem. Pretty obviously evil so far, even though they're not being directly framed as such. Sam is functionally their prisoner, even though they keep handwaving all the things that make it seem like he's a prisoner. They steal his blood while he sleeps. I was gonna add more but no I think the fact that they steal his blood while he sleeps pretty much gets it across. The human body is a collection of assets to them, to be exploited in order to revive America. The BBs right now feel like a particularly extreme version of that. I'm curious to see how that plot point and theme develop. Given the history of kojima's portrayal of women I definitely get why some folks have been pretty squicked out by the game featuring that kind of mass scale violence against women, and I can totally see getting to the end of this thing and still finding it to be a point of gross excess, but I dunno, I'm kind of raising my eyebrows are it but I'm curious to see how it fits into the bigger picture before I totally condemn it

    Honestly right now the point that has me a little more down on BBs is that a lot of the discussion around then in game has felt a bit... Pro-lifey, so far. Like, you have these cold dispassionate scientists insisting that it's just a piece of equipment and that you shouldn't ascribe humanity to it, but then you have good guy Norman Reedus recognizing that this thing is obviously a person and treating it with the same dignity and respect you'd treat any other baby. I got an email last night from an NPC reinforcing that perspective and... Yeahhhh I dunno again I wanna see where it's going with this but I'm not thrilled by the subtext here. Though also I have no idea how abortion discourse is framed in Japan.

    Yeah I was thinking this exactly and I'm leery.
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The whole BB thing is uuhhh

    Kinda fucked up.

    From the very beginning, there is a lot of “maybe we’re the baddies” energy to the folks you work for.

    So from some chapter 2 is conversations with Deadman
    It seems like BB's were developed decades ago. Possibly right before the big ghost splosion I guess? Bridges just seems to be utilizing a lot of technology they don't really understand which is comforting all things considered. Like "hey, this Chiral Network that is basically dsl powered by the dead let's use that to 3d print stuff no way that can backfire!" So as of right now maybe not the baddies so much as the grossly incompetent?
    Yeah, I feel like everything so far has been explained as some lost technology they’re piggybacking off of which seems weird. The BTs are only a thing after the voidout right? Like if it’s all lost knowledge from the pre-apocalypse it seems really convenient how useful it is in the post apocalypse.

    Also, did we meet Heartman and I just forgot? I feel like he calls me like we’re familiar when we aren’t.

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Just make a game about wizards imo

    I tried but I made Doom.

    Doom has Zero Wizards

    You could have at least made Heretic or something

    I would argue that the summoners in Doom(2016) are wizards.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I do find soothing the BB to be kind of annoying.

    I don't mind it in principle but i think the meter fills up too slowly
    TheStig wrote: »
    Can someone save me $60 and just tell me what the deal with jar fetus is?

    Spoilers up to chapter 2
    Bridge Babies are mostly developed fetuses extracted from the wombs of "stillmothers," women who died while pregnant. Or, mostly died? They're braindead and kept in medically induced comas, and the game's magic internet is used to keep the jar synced up with the mother's womb. Because they're both technically unborn and also kind of undead, BBs have a high sensitivity to the land of the dead, and can be used to sense the presence of BTs, vengeful ghosts that can cause nuclear scale explosions if they come in contact with a living person. At the point in at, it's not clear if there are dozens, hundreds, or thousands of BBs, and considering how they're made the implications are uh. Toubling

    That said, I kind of want to wait and see where the game's going with BBs before passing too much judgment?

    More chapter 2 stuff
    like, Bridges and the UCA seem. Pretty obviously evil so far, even though they're not being directly framed as such. Sam is functionally their prisoner, even though they keep handwaving all the things that make it seem like he's a prisoner. They steal his blood while he sleeps. I was gonna add more but no I think the fact that they steal his blood while he sleeps pretty much gets it across. The human body is a collection of assets to them, to be exploited in order to revive America. The BBs right now feel like a particularly extreme version of that. I'm curious to see how that plot point and theme develop. Given the history of kojima's portrayal of women I definitely get why some folks have been pretty squicked out by the game featuring that kind of mass scale violence against women, and I can totally see getting to the end of this thing and still finding it to be a point of gross excess, but I dunno, I'm kind of raising my eyebrows are it but I'm curious to see how it fits into the bigger picture before I totally condemn it

    Honestly right now the point that has me a little more down on BBs is that a lot of the discussion around then in game has felt a bit... Pro-lifey, so far. Like, you have these cold dispassionate scientists insisting that it's just a piece of equipment and that you shouldn't ascribe humanity to it, but then you have good guy Norman Reedus recognizing that this thing is obviously a person and treating it with the same dignity and respect you'd treat any other baby. I got an email last night from an NPC reinforcing that perspective and... Yeahhhh I dunno again I wanna see where it's going with this but I'm not thrilled by the subtext here. Though also I have no idea how abortion discourse is framed in Japan.

    Yeah I was thinking this exactly and I'm leery.
    Juggernut wrote: »
    The whole BB thing is uuhhh

    Kinda fucked up.

    From the very beginning, there is a lot of “maybe we’re the baddies” energy to the folks you work for.

    So from some chapter 2 is conversations with Deadman
    It seems like BB's were developed decades ago. Possibly right before the big ghost splosion I guess? Bridges just seems to be utilizing a lot of technology they don't really understand which is comforting all things considered. Like "hey, this Chiral Network that is basically dsl powered by the dead let's use that to 3d print stuff no way that can backfire!" So as of right now maybe not the baddies so much as the grossly incompetent?
    Yeah, I feel like everything so far has been explained as some lost technology they’re piggybacking off of which seems weird. The BTs are only a thing after the voidout right? Like if it’s all lost knowledge from the pre-apocalypse it seems really convenient how useful it is in the post apocalypse.

    Also, did we meet Heartman and I just forgot? I feel like he calls me like we’re familiar when we aren’t.

    I might be getting mixed up here but maybe
    I think the Beach or purgatory or the afterlife or whatever was maybe discovered first and then we started fucking with it which caused the Voidout. So all of the previously done research into it was scattered and lost.

    Potentially. I really cannot stress enough that I legitimately do not understand anything that is happening at any given time.

    Raijin QuickfootSpeed RacerPhillishereLasbrookVeldrinStilts
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    There's a coherent story here? I just thought it was a fancy UPS stimulator.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    Ticaldfjam
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 9
    they're cagey about the timeline early on

    my best understanding as of chapter two is
    The other side is discovered, people begin mining chiralium from it

    this triggers the death stranding. it's not completely clear what this is, whether it's just a name given to a huge wave of voidouts around the world or if it was just something that happened concurrently to a huge wave of voidouts around the world

    time passes, people do their best to adapt to the new state of things, shelters are built and some are expanded out into cities, America gradually deteriorates as a nation, communication is lost with the world beyond america so who knows how anyone else is handling it.The death stranding and isolation of the survivors means a lot of history and technology is completely lost over the course of a generation or two

    BRIDGES is established to try to connect the shelter cities and revive the country

    Sam has some kind of falling out with his family, Amelie... dies or something, but can still project her presence into the real world? Everything with Amelie seems very screwy and suspect

    and then that about catches you up to the start of the game

    Speed Racer on
    Phillishere
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    There's a coherent story here? I just thought it was a fancy UPS stimulator.

    Fairly grounded A story about trying to restore basic infrastructure after an apocalypse tied to weird sci-fi B story about the mad science that caused the end.

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    How do you avoid getting pinged?

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    How do you avoid getting pinged?

    i dunno if you can? the only method i've found so far is to just not have any delivery packages with you. they won't bother you if all you have are supplies, though they'll get hostile if you enter their camp

    Stilts
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    they're cagey about the timeline early on

    my best understanding as of chapter two is
    The other side is discovered, people begin mining chiralium from it

    this triggers the death stranding. it's not completely clear what this is, whether it's just a name given to a huge wave of voidouts around the world or if it was just something that happened concurrently to a huge wave of voidouts around the world

    time passes, people do their best to adapt to the new state of things, shelters are built and some are expanded out into cities, America gradually deteriorates as a nation, communication is lost with the world beyond america so who knows how anyone else is handling it.The death stranding and isolation of the survivors means a lot of history and technology is completely lost over the course of a generation or two

    BRIDGES is established to try to connect the shelter cities and revive the country

    Sam has some kind of falling out with his family, Amelie... dies or something, but can still project her presence into the real world? Everything with Amelie seems very screwy and suspect

    and then that about catches you up to the start of the game

    On the morality of your side (early game):
    I don’t think it is an accident that the two most sympathetic characters you’ve met so far are BB and flashback Mads, or that your first “friendly” character is a doctor who wants you to throw BB into the incinerator.

    Also, the very first character you meet is a superpowered weirdo who works for a competing delivery firm. So, that’s a pretty obvious hint that the status quo might be changing down the line.

    Speed RacerStilts
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wish the BB's didn't have emotions. It's hard on my heart.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
Sign In or Register to comment.