Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Lancer] Mud and Lasers

SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as DohaerisRegistered User regular
LANCER is a tabletop RPG by Massif Press. The rules are free!

https://massif-press.itch.io/ for the rules and lore supplements
Lancer features a mix of gritty, mud-and-lasers military science fiction and mythic science fantasy. In the setting, conscript pilots mix ranks with flying aces, mercenary guns-for-hire brawl with secretive corporate agents, and relativistic paladins cross thermal lances with causality-breaking, unknowable beings.

Players of Lancer adopt the roles of mech pilots -- comrades together in a galaxy of danger and hope. Some groups will fight for Union, working to rectify the crimes of previous administrations. Others, for a corpro-state, working to advance private interests while lining their pockets. Yet others will fight for groups acting in opposition to those in power, or for themselves.

The art is by the guy who does KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS and it is FANTASTIC

lg4sdsw2ytce.jpg

Players take on the role of pilots with Lancer Licenses. They are the best of the best, the ones who turn the tide of a battle when they drop in. Mechs are extremely customizable and varied. Want to fire missiles like in macross? Want to melee something with a giant knife like Evangelion? Want to gundam your way across the galaxy? Or do you want to get into a weird machine that is maybe more alive than not and fire paracausal ontological memetics at people? You can do that!

The setting is far into the future. Earth collapsed and sent out colony ships. Millenia later, Earth recovered and the people there unearthed vaults of old technologies, using it to propel themselves to the stars and search out the old colony ships that survived. In some cases, the new Union from earth arrived at the planets before the slower old colony ships did. In others, they made contact with the people from long ago. The Union setup blinkgates to engage in FTL travel and connect the galaxy.

The setting also features a giant terrifying deity like AI that absconded with a moon of mars. A massive monolith that teleports around whispering secrets to a civilization hell bent on reclaiming earth that was. Nomadic tribes with mysterious accents that seem to live inside blinkspace. Non-human Persons, robots that aren't AI so much as fragments of a machine intelligence that have been shackled and put to work.

I'm working on creating a campaign to stream now and am absolutely loving going through all the lore. The setting is super super cool and the customization and combat seem great. I'd recommend the Summary Lore Reference if you want to read about the lore without delving too deep into any one subject.

So, let's talk about Lancer! What kind of pilot are you making? (They've also got a great tool called COMP/CON that helps with building characters/mechs/encounters. )

Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
webguy20Fuselage

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Been a while since I looked at this, have to check the ETA on 1.0 rules.

Don't think too hard about Horus mechs. It's not good for your brain.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    Supposedly 1.0 rules are coming in December!

I ran a practice session with my streaming people last night and it was a blast. A little tricky to figure out at first but not too bad once we started getting the hang of it. Narrative play is very simple, all the skill checks have a DC of 10. You add a +2 if whatever you're trying is one of your triggers, and depending on how risky or good at it you are you might get accuracy or difficulty dice, always a d6 that adds or subtracts to your roll.

Then mech combat had one of our players run through a shield made out of fire, grab another mech, and drag it out by hand to the other side of the shield where the rest of the party lit it up.

Can't wait to play more!

Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos