As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ghostbusters: Negative Fear Response to Spectral Apparitions, Guarrenteed

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Ugh, I heard some terrible tales about Videobob.

VideoBob/Bob's Prop Shop is INFAMOUS. I think for longer than I've even been a part of the fan community.

He has several times been caught casting other people's work in order to make cheap copies with less accuracy and then getting into arguments when he's been called out. He's a compulsive liar too and makes outlandish claims about working with Sony or some other official entity. These always turn out unverified or outright lies.

He's banned from so many groups and forums for this kind of toxic behavior, which is impressive considering how many other toxic individuals have had no problem existing within the same groups.

Never buy anything from him. Don't give him attention or promotion. He's earned his negative rep 10 times over.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Yeah, Video Bob's proton packs are fine in a vacuum in terms of build, but the fact that he only includes the Matty wand and charges an arm and a leg for it is a red flag even on the outside of all the other drama with him. The fact that I, a prop building rookie, was able to put something immensely more screen accurate together along with a full wand, at 1/2 the price says something about his prop building skills.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    ... I hadn't watched the vid yet and was wondering if phaelous was doing some bit about MovieBob. So to learn that two people with the proud name "Bob" are scummy is a real heartbreaker.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I remember reading the warning thread on the GBfans forum about him and it was entertaining and horrifying at the same time.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I remember reading the warning thread on the GBfans forum about him and it was entertaining and horrifying at the same time.

That was my introduction to the guy too. The fact he had a pinned post that called him out by name at the top of the central prop-building forum of the Ghostbusters fandom is very illustrative.

I've actually been in the same room with the guy during the screening night at Fan Fest in 2019.
    I recognized his face but couldn't place him to the name until someone else said it.

He then released a video where he claimed he was a personal, invited guest of Sony/Ghost Corps even though he was no more personally-invited than I or anyone else in the room.

Just an absolute narcist.

Bob Chipman may be an obnoxious turd but VideoBob does arguably more damage to small, hard-working creators when he rips off their work.

One of the dudes that joined up with our group a couple years back had a Bob's Prop Shop pack and we had to break it to him that trying to sell that thing for $2.5k on a Ghostbusters sales/trading group was not going to happen. Hopefully he offloads it to eBay to help him pay for a much more ethically-sourced pack.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Athenor wrote: »
    ... I hadn't watched the vid yet and was wondering if phaelous was doing some bit about MovieBob. So to learn that two people with the proud name "Bob" are scummy is a real heartbreaker.

I wasn't aware that Movie Bob was scummy, I'd just thought he was an idiot

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

I wasn't aware that Movie Bob was scummy, I'd just thought he was an idiot

He went through a spate where he'd constantly bring up "Gee, sure is a bummer we can't just stop all of the stupid people from breeding, am I right? Haha, just kidding. Now excuse me while I double down on these sentiments every time somone complains about them to the point where you'll wonder if they're really jokes at all."

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    yeah moviebob's whole thing is a mix of never letting the high school nerds vs jocks persecution complex go and liberal "poor people in red states deserve everything they get" fart-huffing, coming together to form a frothy blend of eugenicist hot takes

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I guess when I think "scummy," I think, like, people doing things like running grifts or whatever. Not to get into a tangent on what "scummy," means

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I guess when I think "scummy," I think, like, people doing things like running grifts or whatever. Not to get into a tangent on what "scummy," means

oh, no, it's a valid distinction to make.

one's a full-tilt grifter and the other's just an asshole, linked only by similar internet handles

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Beta testing for this Phamophobia-meets-Ghostbusters indie game is going to begin this week if anyone's interested.
    https://youtu.be/jqUtOJS5xQc

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Oooh, play as both Ghosts and Busters. I am down for it

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    *quietly slinks back into the shadows 😳*

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    No need man. You couldn't have known.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Some spoiler-free Halloween enjoyment from the best (currently on indefinite hiatus) Ghostbusters podcast there is:

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    I remade the fake blank bill from the Ghostbusters Employee Welcome Kit so I can just have a stack of them to fill out. I need to figure out how to get them printed on carbon paper.

Edit* I found a place and it will cost $111 for ten pads of 25 forms each, but it is the fancy full color printing with the cardboard back and little flip cover to use as a writing surface on each pad. The only question is if they would even do it due to the trademarked imagery.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I remade the fake blank bill from the Ghostbusters Employee Welcome Kit so I can just have a stack of them to fill out. I need to figure out how to get them printed on carbon paper.

Edit* I found a place and it will cost $111 for ten pads of 25 forms each, but it is the fancy full color printing with the cardboard back and little flip cover to use as a writing surface on each pad. The only question is if they would even do it due to the trademarked imagery.

Some places will do it, some won't. Usually the more independent the shop the less concerned they'll be over violating copyright on something clearly meant for fun and not profit.

I never bought a welcome kit but this sounds like something I'd have fun with putting on a convention table.

If it's cheaper to do a larger order I could conceivably split production costs with you.

I already made these inspection certificates a few years ago on a lark, when we wanted to give something to a local restaurant/music venue called "Venkman's" when it opened.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14CnkY0-ASYr3PPkjQ1h1-Wb4wya6s4lr/view?usp=sharing

I also made this "Field Report" form more recently: https://drive.google.com/file/d/189l9eQ4E6ppOKEiHwb3YPonGMOFIDKMu/view?usp=sharing
    z9iw9a775f86.jpg

I based it on the one from the comics:
    t4qvugzrf3wf.jpg

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Those are very nice!

• Options
    Those are very nice!

Thanks! I wish I had a scan of the certificate all filled-out (I used red felt-tip pen) and framed. In typical fashion I waited until the last minute to throw it together and ran out the door.

This is the only photo from the night that shows it and reflections completely washed it out. I should ask if they still have it somewhere.
    2dz54dz34gsq.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Do you mind if I borrow your forms so I can use them as I walk around school tomorrow night for our boo bash when I do my yearly inspection?

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Do you mind if I borrow your forms so I can use them as I walk around school tomorrow night for our boo bash when I do my yearly inspection?

That's why I made them! Feel free to use as you wish. It's an editable PDF form so you can fill it out digitally or with pen & ink. Even takes digital signature.

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »

That's why I made them! Feel free to use as you wish. It's an editable PDF form so you can fill it out digitally or with pen & ink. Even takes digital signature.

I'm putting together a clipboard of stuff to be filling out as I wander the school! I got your two forms, and my bill. Made some labels for the clipboard to look official. Just got to grab some of my business cards.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    The HasLab Spengler Pack is $400 and is running Kickstarter-style with stretch goals.
    Pack only, wand sold separately unless the goal is met.

The removable cyclotron assembly is a new theme that I think I like quite a lot.
    The actual pack looks... fine. Good for the price I suppose. It's half the price of a starter-level, scratch-built fan pack. I'm not getting one but there's a market for it for sure.

- Fan funding for this iconic Ghostbusters 1:1-scale roleplay item ($399)

- 7,000 backers to answer the call and officially fund the project

- 9,000 backers to unlock the Class I Unlockable Stretch Goal: THE CLASSIC BUNDLE

- 11,000 backers to unlock the Class II Unlockable Stretch Goal: THE GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE BUNDLE

- 13,000 backers to unlock the Class III Unlockable Stretch Goal: THE SPENGLER SPECIAL (I think this is the level that comes with a Spengler wand as well)

- 15,000 backers to unlock the Class IV Unlockable Stretch Goal: THE SUPERNATURAL STAND

Edit: no stretch goal includes the wand, that was apparently people speculating with undue confidence.

The pack also has no ALICE frame, so that'll be another purchase required to wear it properly.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    I'm getting one as a stunt pack or if I get someone else who wants to ghostbust with me as I have spares of pretty much everything else.

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Getting all my gear ready for tomorrow's boo bash at work. Pull the pack down and switch it on and fire it until it "overheats." On the very first try smoke vents out the bottom exactly like it is supposed to. Fucking two years it has been sitting and it works flawlessly.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    As per GBFans, break down of the tiers.

Stretch Goals:
    1) The Classic Bundle (inspired by the 1984 movie)
    The first stretch goal will include a connection hose that hooks the HasLab Proton Pack up to the Spengler Neutrona Wand. Custom 1984 decals with a brushed chrome look will also be included for your pre-existing Spengler Neutrona Wand.
    -9000 Backers.

2) The Ghostbusters: Afterlife Bundle
    The second stretch goal will include 3 Plasma Series Mini-Pufts figures AND 3 alternate, swappable heads, featuring NEW DECO! A white marshmallow goo attachment for the Proton Pack will also be included.
    -11,000 Backers.

3) The Spengler Special
    The third stretch goal will include a sheet of Ghostbusters-themed decals and an Egon Spengler 16-page notebook that includes schematics, handwritten notes, and personal anecdotes.
    -13,000 Backers.

4) The Supernatural Stand
    The fourth stretch goal will include an exclusive high-quality display stand.
    -15,000 Backers.

• Options
    Little miffed there's a "Pulse Premium" exclusive reward, but it's not one I care about so that's fine.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    So a fan-made pack usually runs $800? That makes this sound like a steal

But.. no wand? How expensive is that? And what other gear would you need beyond the jumpsuit?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    The Wand was $100 when I bough it awhile ago. Looks like they're going ot restock it and it'll be $125 for some reason even though the first version is barely a year old. Shame they raised the price because I was going to fanboy all over it. I absolutely love the one I got; it's probably the best collectible I own. Having to flick real metal switches on in a certain order ot get the thing to turn on just feels great.

EDIT; AHahahaaha, I totally missed this

"If funded, we will begin shipping in the Spring of 2023."

So there goes my 2022 halloween costume idea. :biggrin:

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Yeah as Halloween rolls round once more, I am thinking I could plunk down some money to never have to scrounge up a costume again, even if I don't see a return for two more years

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    The only real issue I see with the HasLab pack is that it has no Alice frame. The straps connect directly to the motherboard. However Alice frames are cheap and I’m sure some enterprising GB builder will come up with a mod very quickly.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I just found out someone cleaned up, re-edited, and scored the Ghostbusters 2 deleted scenes where Louis tries to catch Slimer.

https://youtu.be/DKTrKBAasNI

• Options
    I like that Janine is "Eh, he's harmless."

• Options
    I like that Janine is "Eh, he's harmless."

Janine deals with Venkman on a daily basis. At least Slimer doesn't talk down to her.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I figured someone would get a kick out of this.

A bit back, my local store got in some interesting vinyl statues for Lord of the Rings, in a stylized presentation.

The owner is a big Ghostbusters fan.

So of course, he got in the Ghostbusters version of it.

kRSlP5Rh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Beta testing for this Phamophobia-meets-Ghostbusters indie game is going to begin this week if anyone's interested.
    https://youtu.be/jqUtOJS5xQc

Okay so this game is less "paranormal investigations" and more "Ghostbusters prop hunt" but it's a lot of fun.

Discord invite: discord.gg/MidnightGhostHunt
    That should help you get a key if you wanna jump in and play with me.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    I figured someone would get a kick out of this.

A bit back, my local store got in some interesting vinyl statues for Lord of the Rings, in a stylized presentation.

The owner is a big Ghostbusters fan.

So of course, he got in the Ghostbusters version of it.

kRSlP5Rh.jpg

Oooh, I love that Zuul

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Beginning imminently!
    REAL! A Ghostbusters Tale
    An Italian fan film years in the making with astonishing special effects and a few surprise cameos! (My friends and I, I'm the Atlanta Ghostbuster in the scarf during the end credits)

Watch the Livestream on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/QRwcYbNAR1U

TankHammer on