As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ghostbusters: Negative Fear Response to Spectral Apparitions, Guarrenteed

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Thanks, all, you've collectively made a INCREDIBLY disturbing moment in that movie not disturbing anymore!

Now change it so Annie Potts gets to ghostbust in #2

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I've never ever read that scene as he rapes Dana.

So then on the other side, did it read to you that Vinz and Zuul had sex?

edit: honest question by the way; not challenging your interpretation at all

Vinz "the keymaster" absolutely has sex with Zuul "the gatekeeper".
    Louis's pants are unbuckled afterwards and there's a deleted scene where a disoriented Louis asks Dana if they "uh... y'know?"
    Dana denies it so he'll drop it, but they very much had sex to open that portal.

Maybe he just peed off the top of the building! Demons are evil, it would do that!

Yeah, and in Ray's dream maybe the ghost is stealing his pants and he passes out from fright?
    That's what I thought when I was young and innocent and I'd rather stick to it.

While we're at it, do you think Dana had that outfit in her closet already? Vinz doesn't change Louis's appearance at all. He shows up to the firehouse in the same buttondown, skewed glasses, etc that he left the party in. I like to believe this means Zuul spent some time to go through Dana's wardrobe, found that sparkly number in the back somewhere, then spent a good hour on her hair and makeup waiting for a knock on the door.

wow i never thought about this either. where DID she get that??

vinz didn't change because he got into Louis out on the street, not in his apartment. If he had I'm sure* he would have been equally sexed up.

haha this is an 80's movie men were never sexed up

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Rick Moranis is clearly super hot

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Rick Moranis is clearly super hot

he really is. they had to spend a LOT of time nerding him up

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

He's disheveled because a he got done restraining a floating/possessed woman and drugging her until she finally fell unconscious after an irresponsible amount of tranquilizer.

The only characters who have any sexual contact in the whole movie are Ray and the ghost lady in the montage/dream and Vinz Clortho and Zuul in the bodies of Louis and Dana respectively.

That's not how the scene has ever read for me but I honestly hope it's exactly how you say. I mean there's just as much indication Louis and Dana had sex as there is that Venkman and Dana did. Everybody still has clothes on; they're just messy. When I was little I just figured Vinz and Zuul just had to do some smoochin' to get stuff started and then they took a nap.

I worry why a child would automatically assume one of the heroes raped the romantic interest. It's not Revenge of the Nerds, they are good guys even if they're schluby good guys.

• Options

He's disheveled because a he got done restraining a floating/possessed woman and drugging her until she finally fell unconscious after an irresponsible amount of tranquilizer.

The only characters who have any sexual contact in the whole movie are Ray and the ghost lady in the montage/dream and Vinz Clortho and Zuul in the bodies of Louis and Dana respectively.

That's not how the scene has ever read for me but I honestly hope it's exactly how you say. I mean there's just as much indication Louis and Dana had sex as there is that Venkman and Dana did. Everybody still has clothes on; they're just messy. When I was little I just figured Vinz and Zuul just had to do some smoochin' to get stuff started and then they took a nap.

I worry why a child would automatically assume one of the heroes raped the romantic interest. It's not Revenge of the Nerds, they are good guys even if they're schluby good guys.

At the time, it wasn't rape to me because I didn't know about that yet, I just assumed they had sex, mainly because I watched it on HBO at my counsins' house, four toxic boys from a military family that made jokes about the fact he just screwed a demon.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I was pretty close to booting up my 4k steelbook copy of the movie but my partner is using the TV for video games.

Isn't that version not actually in 4K, just a 4K transfer of the original film and then downscaled to 1080p.

It's the latest limited release they did for the 35th anniversary, so it's supposed to be true UltraHD. I only bought a 4K player last week though and haven't tested it.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    One thing GB2 has going for it is that Pete is WAY less of a creep, that and having Ernie Hudson in the movie from the start.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    One thing GB2 has going for it is that Pete is WAY less of a creep, that and having Ernie Hudson in the movie from the start.

Yeah, they were aware of the issues with Venkman and have seriously reeled the character in. Letting Ernie Hudson show up on-screen before Murray or Ramis was a nice touch. The loss of the mustache is a real shame, but that's just what Ernie was sporting at the time.
    I've come to realize that the magic is a little more muted in the second flick, but I still have a lot of love for it and there are some great lines. I don't mind Janine's redesign either, as I think Annie Potts pulls it off fantastically. I just assume she came into some money and got more fashionable in the 5 year interim.

• Options
    i LOVED Janine's re-design I just wish she could have done more than moon over Louis

• Options
    vie am I dripping vis goo?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Something I forgot to mention is that Ghostbusters II does slime effects better than any other movie. Ever.

Just every god damn kind of slime you can think of, no matter the viscosity.

• Options
    Something I forgot to mention is that Ghostbusters II does slime effects better than any other movie. Ever.

I used to make a mess in the school bathroom with that cheap, pink dispenser soap they used because it looked exactly like the slime from the bathtub scene. The janitor was not appreciative.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular

I used to make a mess in the school bathroom with that cheap, pink dispenser soap they used because it looked exactly like the slime from the bathtub scene. The janitor was not appreciative.

v4exspqvpa33.jpg

• Options
    Today Sony Pictures confirmed that Ghostbusters Afterlife is moving from June 8th 2021 to November 11th 2021 and the online fandom is just... so tiring.

Most people get it. We have some more solid vaccine roll-out projections and it looks like theaters won't be safe until fall and they want this to be one of the first tent-poles to be released.

Some of the fandom, however, are being the biggest entitled babies about it. Some are asking why they don't just release it direct-to-streaming. Some are straight-up saying they're "done with Sony" and hope the movie flops because they have to wait a few more months. A small number are accusing the studio of somehow doing this on purpose?? To spite the fans!?!?!?

The movie is in the can. Ivan Reitman has seen the final version and reportedly had a very emotional moment congratulating his son Jason who directed it. There's nothing to hide, no conspiracy, they just want this movie to make a splash in theaters instead of pooping it out onto some other company's streaming service or digital store. I'm still very optimistic about seeing it in theaters, even though it's not a birthday present anymore like it would have been in June. I do not know what kind of life an adult needs to lead to react this way to a delay that is a direct result of a very serious global health crisis.

In other news, we're getting Twinkies with blue creme filling (in honor of the new ghost mascot "Muncher") and also a return of Ghostbusters breakfast cereal soon!

Still waiting on that Ecto-Cooler re-revival!

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I think wanting it on streaming is very reasonable vs... caring about how big their box office is? It's not our job to care about that, at all.

• Options
    Yeah like, whatever it's their movie and they can release it whenever, but this whole "theatre is the ONLY way to experience it!" thing is getting pretty tiring. I will gladly pay a bit more than I do at the theater to just watch it at my dang house.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That's funny, I'm the opposite. I will not pay a penny over the cost of internet access and whatever channel I have previously ordered. I suppose I'm saying I don't order pay per view.
    But the theater is a better screen than my tv in the vast majority cases, and better sound, and is an event to go out, and I am willing to pay for all of that. I get that we have been moving away from physical theaters for the comfort and convenience of home, especially with the higher and higher qualities of home theaters, and I also think that creators' visions and efforts of making a big screen feature are what they were really going for, so the home experience is not the creators' primary concern.
    That said, nah. I will wait for it to come out on regular tv if it ain't on my subscription (and watch with commercials if I have to), and not one red cent will I pay for over and above.

Will I change what services I subscribe to based on their offering? Oh fuck yeah! And GBAfterlife could get me to move, depending on what service it is and what else they have. But in excess of the normal cost of that service? Nope. No way, no how.

• Options
    That Ghostbusters cereal looks delicious though and reminds me of the gone-too-soon from this world Pac-Man cereal. I'll probably stock up on a few boxes.

I don't want to say how much i'd gladly pay to watch a movie day of release from VOD because I don't want to give them any ideas, but it is a lot! If your movie is good enough it can survive a play on anything. I watched Downfall on my iPod while on vacation and when it was over I played it again because it was so well done, and my memories of it aren't tarnished in the least for being on a small shitty screen. I like the cinema experience as much as the next person, but I ain't gonna die for it. It's just kinda silly how much Hollywood is being dragged kicking and screaming into the future.

• Options
    I'm fine if the studio wants to release it digitally when they put it out for those who prefer the home experience, but I would gladly wait as long as needed so I can see it with friends in a theater with other people. I like riding the excitement of the crowd.

I would also like them to make more movies in this universe and to put time and effort into making them into good stories and the only way that gets to happen is if it's profitable to the studio.

Plus it seems to be how the writer/director wants it to be seen.

Not an insignificant part of me also wishes to see the entitled nerds not be catered to when they throw tantrums. We've seen how that went with Star Wars.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm fine if the studio wants to release it digitally when they put it out for those who prefer the home experience, but I would gladly wait as long as needed so I can see it with friends in a theater with other people. I like riding the excitement of the crowd.

I would also like them to make more movies in this universe and to put time and effort into making them into good stories and the only way that gets to happen is if it's profitable to the studio.

Plus it seems to be how the writer/director wants it to be seen.

Not an insignificant part of me also wishes to see the entitled nerds not be catered to when they throw tantrums. We've seen how that went with Star Wars.

If anything, it's the studio thinking it's entitled to a world that does not exist any longer, and may never exist in the same way again. We had a whole year with no major releases to speak of because the dinosaur movie studios are sitting on their hands instead of working on arrangements to make this work now.

• Options
    Damn, yeah you sold on the "entitled nerds must suffer" card. Dang it. It is worth it just for that.

I need to approach this at all angles...

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I loved the original cereal, but that was from Ralston. This doesn't look the same, but will it taste the same?

And even more importantly: Will it be available in Canada?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Some of the fandom, however, are being the biggest entitled babies about it.

The Ghostbusters fandom??

REEEEEEEEEEEEEALY?!?!

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Just got this.

https://www.target.com/p/ghostbusters-transformers-generations-ectotron-ecto-1/-/A-79722379

Hey, anyone know where I could find the trade paperback for the Transformers Ghostbusters run? It's out of stock on Amazon and weirdly can't find it on ebay.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Did a quick search around, looks like it's pretty much sold out everywhere. :(

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Did a quick search around, looks like it's pretty much sold out everywhere. :(

Fuck. Yeah, that's what I had seen. I even checked a couple of those indie bookstore search engines.

IDW is pretty serious about their hardcover collections, hopefully they will add it to the next, fourth, ghostbusters collection.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    There's no one quite like #TheRealGhostbusters! 👻🚫 Check out the iconic intro of the animated series on our YouTube channel and tune in to watch full episodes!

• Options
    Put out Extreme Ghostbusters on home video you cowards!

• Options

It's still on Hulu last I checked but yes. The only DVDs I've seen were UK releases.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

Yikes, it looks like the Ghostbusters licence might've been yanked from IDW - apparently every series/issue has been removed from all the various digital comics platforms. Possibly no further adventures for Ectotron...

source's bio just says he's an admin on the transformers wiki, so grain of salt, but if anybody's paying attention to what's going on at IDW it's TF fans

• Options

Yikes, it looks like the Ghostbusters licence might've been yanked from IDW - apparently every series/issue has been removed from all the various digital comics platforms. Possibly no further adventures for Ectotron...

source's bio just says he's an admin on the transformers wiki, so grain of salt, but if anybody's paying attention to what's going on at IDW it's TF fans

There's definitely something going on but I don't know that it's been "yanked" per se. It's probably just being renegotiated ahead of Afterlife's release since they're getting hip-deep into all the licenses lately.

IDW is in some danger as it is a comic publisher that has been having trouble distributing comics during COVID.

If they take the series away from Burnham/Schoening/Delgado though I'm gonna be upset (though I've been anticipating the end of the series every time an arc concludes).

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    The series hasn't been on ComiXology for a while now. And I'm missing some stuff. D=

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

It's still on Hulu last I checked but yes. The only DVDs I've seen were UK releases.

I guess there was also an Australian/New Zealand version:
    1it49av8qlfg.jpg

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    1MKvRCX.jpg
    OG GHOSTBUSTER ERNIE HUDSON (2021) Inside of You Podcast w/ Michael Rosenbaum #insideofyou​

"Ernie Hudson Calls Winston Zeddemore a “Complete Character” in Ghostbusters: Afterlife"

Source: https://youtu.be/sH0Ecfa7irg

I am so excited to see this movie when we can finally get it. Jason Reitman seems like he really wants to explore and expand on the original films in ways I'm going to enjoy the hell out of. It's fantastic to think we will see Winston done justice on the big screen.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    The official Ghostbusters YouTube account is going to start uploading episodes of The Real Ghostbusters this Saturday morning. That should be lots of fun, as it sounds like it'll be an episode at a time which will lead to an excuse to discuss them as they come out.

In-addition, they just uploaded the Extreme Ghostbusters intro so that confirms they haven't forgotten about that show.
    https://youtu.be/5rOnyv_DQZk

EDIT: Oh it sounds like they're uploading an episode of Real Ghostbusters each Saturday and Extreme Ghostbusters on Wednesdays. That's cool!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    oh nice

I never actually saw extreme

• Options
    It's surprisingly good. The opening is the most 90's-ass thing to ever 90's an ass.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DEpCUB8IjzM

• Options
    soul patches should probably be illegal

• Options
    The rest of the team aside from Eduardo is pretty fun. That dude takes a minute before he becomes tolerable. It's like if Venkman was also kind of a coward on top of being a blow-hard and a creep to women.