As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Just in time for 5.2's launch, I've finally completed the 5.0 MSQ.
    For the second time. On an alt-datacenter character.
    2gS7c8p.jpg
    I do have a third character sitting over on Sarganatas at level 70, but I'll probably get around to MSQing that at a later point.

Actually, that was one new 5.2 music thing that I noticed while going through the end of that.
    Apparently they changed the music for the non-final bosses in these dungeons, at least Amaurot and (according to this player's video) The Twinning, haven't checked the 71-79 ones. I was just partway through the first boss fight of Amaurot when I noticed it wasn't playing old generic music in there anymore and there were ShB lyrics back there.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viera
    oh shit that new music is cool!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Well! I still like it when A Long Fall is playing, but I won’t say no to any version of Insatiable.

RIP Dissidia NT, you gave us good music at the very least.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    anyone have any idea why i can't get past the title screen. i hit start, then my game crashes with this error:

YSpZcXr.png

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Adus wrote: »
    anyone have any idea why i can't get past the title screen. i hit start, then my game crashes with this error:

YSpZcXr.png

I get that a fair bit but I'm also running Espresso Glow. I also get error messages dealing with dx11 and EVGA's Precision OC program ever since I started using Espresso Glow. The EVGA ones I can dismiss, but the one you posted always crashes the game for me.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    A DX11 error maybe?

You can check and see if your GPU has/needs an update, or possibly try running in DX9 instead if you don't have 11

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Speaking of FFXIV music, this guy's been doing some fairly detailed analysis of how the track compositions work.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT4xkcXyvqH5PGAeptAWyGLjhamQMj_hl

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Eden 6 is my favourite fight of the set I think, just the perfect amount of franticness

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I use a lot of fantasias
    Finished the 5.2 msq. Oh my goodness was that amazing.

The foreshadowing. It is so thick.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »
    A DX11 error maybe?

You can check and see if your GPU has/needs an update, or possibly try running in DX9 instead if you don't have 11

i have dx11. this is a brand new machine. wasn't a video driver thing either. i was fine until i patched. and i can't seem to find anyone else having the issue...

• Options
    Viera

YSpZcXr.png

in addition to what they said above, you might have a corrupted install and just need to delete the game files and redownload everything.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Roegadyn

YSpZcXr.png

in addition to what they said above, you might have a corrupted install and just need to delete the game files and redownload everything.

Yeah if updating drivers doesn’t work I’d do a fresh install

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Eden 6 is my favourite fight of the set I think, just the perfect amount of franticness

My first group on that, we wiped for 40 minutes because people didn't get how the knock-up mechanic worked and then voted to abandon after a wipe at 2%.

E8 spoilers
    They really couldn't have made that any gayer if they tried. Glad Ryne has a girlfriend now. Also Gaia's fairy is definitely Ultimecia right? Everything else is so FF8 related that I can't imagine she won't be the final boss.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

YSpZcXr.png

this might seem like a ridiculous question, but.. how. there is no uninstall option anywhere, even in the control panel.

eh i just manually deleted the files.

not only did all my friends stay up to play the patch except me, because work, but now i've spent what little after work time i've had fixing this shit. good times.

Adus on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Lalafell
    Welp. I’m downloading the update.

Estimated download time is a full day. And rising.

Welp.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Viera

YSpZcXr.png

this might seem like a ridiculous question, but.. how. there is no uninstall option anywhere, even in the control panel.

eh i just manually deleted the files.

not only did all my friends stay up to play the patch except me, because work, but now i've spent what little after work time i've had fixing this shit. good times.

yeah when I got a corrupted install I just had to delete the whole FFXIV folder and then run the launcher again

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Lorahalo wrote: »

My first group on that, we wiped for 40 minutes because people didn't get how the knock-up mechanic worked and then voted to abandon after a wipe at 2%.

E8 spoilers
    They really couldn't have made that any gayer if they tried. Glad Ryne has a girlfriend now. Also Gaia's fairy is definitely Ultimecia right? Everything else is so FF8 related that I can't imagine she won't be the final boss.

I think E7 is my favorite of this tier. I really enjoy its mechanic and how smart I felt when I figured it out.

Eden spoilers
    Ya I think Ultimecia is 100% the voice she's hearing what with the FF8 theme and the time powers. Wouldn't be surprised if she was the E12 boss.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    H0b0man wrote: »

E8 spoilers

I think E7 is my favorite of this tier. I really enjoy its mechanic and how smart I felt when I figured it out.

Eden spoilers
    Ya I think Ultimecia is 100% the voice she's hearing what with the FF8 theme and the time powers. Wouldn't be surprised if she was the E12 boss.

E8 real spoilers
    Light possessed Ryne's outfit is VERY similar to ultemiceia's, just as a leotard instead of a dress.

So if Gaia were to get possessed and gets a similar outfit and turn it dark themed, well...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    E7 had my favorite mechanics, but I think E8 felt the coolest overall.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Hrothgar

E8 spoilers

Eden spoilers

Eden spoilers
    Would that make Ultimecia an Ascian then? Ryne being the oracle of light came from Minfillia, are Ascians her equivalent for Zodiark?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Au'ra

E8 spoilers

Eden spoilers

Eden spoilers
    Would that make Ultimecia an Ascian then? Ryne being the oracle of light came from Minfillia, are Ascians her equivalent for Zodiark?
    It means that all the scions came from the same orphanage we just don't remember cause we're all addicted to using Hydaelyn.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Lalafell
    Enlong wrote: »
    Welp. I’m downloading the update.

Estimated download time is a full day. And rising.

Welp.

The download failed and it’s starting over from 0.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Lalafell
    And again, at the same point.

Does anyone know how to resolve the “cannot download patch files” error? I’m trying it again with antivirus off, but it takes multiple hours to attempt this, and I won’t be able to check again for another 9.

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Miqo'te
    Either make sure your antivirus does not monitor FFXIV launcher/application/folders or disable it entirely while patching.

Otherwise if you want to wait a real long time do a fresh install.

edit: also run as Administrator. Took me like 5 tries to get it to go through.

Alexandier on
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Crap, I didn’t run it as administrator. Guess we’ll see.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Impressed once again by the constant upward trend in quality in this game

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Zay wrote: »

It’s crazy how differently this post reads vs if the exact same post were made in the wow thread instead

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »

It’s crazy how differently this post reads vs if the exact same post were made in the wow thread instead

I went from kinda pissed off with my awful loot luck yesterday to having a really good time doing new Eden and

Yeah

Yeah

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    New eden rules. Ran through all 4 fights in about an hour with The Boyz and then hopped into the first savage fight. Already a lot more interesting then e1s imo.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Download failed again. Gonna try running as administrator tonight, then see if there’s other stuff I can do before I need to do something like get a VPN.

A friend told me that if all else fails, he could try getting me a flash drive with the updated game files after he gets the patch on his computer. Would that work?

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Download failed again. Gonna try running as administrator tonight, then see if there’s other stuff I can do before I need to do something like get a VPN.

A friend told me that if all else fails, he could try getting me a flash drive with the updated game files after he gets the patch on his computer. Would that work?

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but there was one time in the past where I had similar issues of an update constantly failing, and using a VPN absolutely solved it. I have no idea why.

• Options
    Lalafell

Probably not the answer you are looking for, but there was one time in the past where I had similar issues of an update constantly failing, and using a VPN absolutely solved it. I have no idea why.

Probably has something to do with it using different servers.

Is there a VPN you’d suggest if I wanted to try that method? (preferably free or with a free trial)

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    simulacrum on
  • Options
    Viera
    I have historically had trouble with the download getting randomly interrupted for no reason with this game but I usually retained most of my progress when I restarted, it just displayed this as a lower amount of data in the total to download rather than showing already completed data in the percentage after the restart.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Elezen
    simulacrum wrote: »

Is... is their guild named after the professional League of Legends player?

• Options
    Lalafell
    I have historically had trouble with the download getting randomly interrupted for no reason with this game but I usually retained most of my progress when I restarted, it just displayed this as a lower amount of data in the total to download rather than showing already completed data in the percentage after the restart.

I admit I hadn’t checked that angle. I’ll take a look when I restart it tonight, but I think I’ll get a VPN beforehand, just to try and maximize my chances.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    JP team killed e8s and oh my god the mount

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    ph blake wrote: »
    JP team killed e8s and oh my god the mount
    when I demanded that SQEX "let us ride thunder daddy" this is not what I had in mind.

• Options
    Au'ra
    That's real cool, but I'm still upset they didn't give us the Titan Mobile for e4s.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Ruby Weapon
    So we're gonna end up killing all of those kids, aren't we

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.