As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV]: Shadowguys: 5.4 December 8th

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    That... that feels like i should not be able to happen (What do you even need that many houses for, yeesh.)

Kinda glad i never got into housing when i was actively playing - i would have loved to have one to decorate, mind, but the loosing it when i took a... uh, coming up on 2 year hiatus (And honestly, i dont got any plans to come back soon) would have sucked.

Also you know, monopolizing a plot for that long would have sucked for everyone else!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    unknown.png

yeeeeeee

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Viera
    yeah housing is very very dumb, that's someone griefing, probably using bots on a bunch of alt accounts.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    The only consolation is that that guy is paying a ludicrous monthly subscription fee for the privilege of making everyone who encounters him think that he's a giant asshole.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    The only consolation is that that guy is paying a ludicrous monthly subscription fee for the privilege of making everyone who encounters him think that he's a giant asshole.

probably not tbh, if you have a full sub you can have 8 characters per server, and the housing districts are by data centre aren't they? so you just make 8 characters on each server and have at it

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I bought a time card so I'm back on this for another 59 days, let's see if I can at least get through HW in that time

• Options
    Viera
    Anzekay wrote: »

probably not tbh, if you have a full sub you can have 8 characters per server, and the housing districts are by data centre aren't they? so you just make 8 characters on each server and have at it

are they? I thought they were by server but I don't actually know

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Au'ra

are they? I thought they were by server but I don't actually know

okay I just asked, and yep, you're right. turns out I was fuckin wrong lmao

they'd need 30 subs to own a whole ward

• Options
    Hyur

The limit is per account currently - one private house and one FC house per world. But looking into it, I see that that wasn't the case before patch 4.2, and it's likely that this guy's been acting like a tool since long before that, so yeah.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Account question: I have the sub that allows for 8 characters per server, but I only need the one per server, can I switch to a different account type somewhere?

• Options
    Viera
    yes, you can downgrade your subscription to the $12/month version on the next billing cycle in your account management page... somewhere
    I did it once before, when I was changing payment type from a prepaid month I got for a promotion which was $15 sub type only back to the $12 CC subscription.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Alternatively, you could do what I did and switch to the 180-day plan for the same overall cost.
    VYRFtjM.jpg
    Which came in handy personally because, once work closed, I looked at this and noticed that I had already fully prepaid for access through early July.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I'm already on the 180 days plan... So I'm already on the cheapest tier it seems.

Thanks y'all. This stuff is rather uhhh Japanese.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra

The limit is per account currently - one private house and one FC house per world. But looking into it, I see that that wasn't the case before patch 4.2, and it's likely that this guy's been acting like a tool since long before that, so yeah.

Yeah, unfortunately some people got grandfathered in.

The main issue these days is that while there's the random timer before an empty plot can be purchased... people who already own a plot can transfer to the new one regardless, skipping the timer. Ishgard plots will 100% be taken entirely by people transferring if this doesn't change - nobody who doesn't already have a plot has a prayer.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    That... that feels like i should not be able to happen (What do you even need that many houses for, yeesh.)

Kinda glad i never got into housing when i was actively playing - i would have loved to have one to decorate, mind, but the loosing it when i took a... uh, coming up on 2 year hiatus (And honestly, i dont got any plans to come back soon) would have sucked.

Also you know, monopolizing a plot for that long would have sucked for everyone else!

Your house would have auto-destructed after 45 days of not accessing it.

I've gotten flack from other players for having a private mansion... Usually I just tell the peasants to get off my lawn.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    this made me want to throw up a lil bit

Just like real life.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    well
    I'm trying the free demo period of this on PS4

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    sucker

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    well
    I'm trying the free demo period of this on PS4

What server are you on?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    don't I know it

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    firmament finished on excalibur

the quests afterwards are really something

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Miqo'te
    Shadowbringers MSQ spoiler
    If this video had come out a year earlier, I would have thought that part in Shadowbringers was a direct nod to the meme/video.

Also, we've got a bunch of spoilers in this thread if that is something that still matters. @AngelHedgie you may want to throw your post behind a spoiler.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Au'ra
    Zay wrote: »

I'm assuming housing isn't immediately open.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Polaritie wrote: »

It's not. The housing completed is for resident housing; the adventurer district hasn't started yet.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Hyur
    With so many of us spread across different FCs and servers, it occurred to me that a Linkshell and/or Fellowship might be cool. So I went ahead and made one of each. The Linkshell is an active chat channel, while the Fellowship is more like a message board that shows the last 100 posts, with the benefit that you don't have to be online when something is posted to see it.

The Linkshell is just "Social Entropy", and the Fellowship is "PAX Eorzea - Social Entropy". Both are tied to the Sargatanas server on Aether data center, but I believe characters from any server on Aether can join. My main character is Siege Zabac on Sargatanas, and I'm pretty sure that's where most of the rest of you are as well. So hit me up here, or message Siege Zabac in game if you want to join. I'm opening things up to any current or former Forum folk, and forum rules seem like a good model for conduct, at least for now.

Desert Leviathan on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Viera
    Javen wrote: »

It's not. The housing completed is for resident housing; the adventurer district hasn't started yet.

the completed buildings are all player house sizes, in player housing-shaped lots, though
    I dunno maybe they'll leave the NPC houses, it would feel weird if we were kicking the downtrodden NPCs out

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    think I'm gonna get a server transfer to sarg, I'm only on Goblin because I started playing along with a streamer I watch and his community and he and 99% of everyone else stopped playing like 3 weeks in

• Options
    Au'ra
    Yeah that's an unsurprisingly streamer thing to happen, especially if they're a variety streamer - they're just going to move onto the next game in short order so it's not worth chasing them with any long-term intent.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Javen wrote: »

the completed buildings are all player house sizes, in player housing-shaped lots, though
    I dunno maybe they'll leave the NPC houses, it would feel weird if we were kicking the downtrodden NPCs out

That district will probably be NPCs only in game, but I very much doubt it'd count against the ward count. It'll be a good way to scope out which plots have nicer views and surroundings.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    video on an extremely useful bit of content that a sizable portion of the playerbase either doesn't know about or doesn't bother with

https://youtu.be/S7FStYmTgc0

• Options
    Miqo'te
    So I hit level 60 last night, so now I finally get to unlock Gunbreaker. My first reactions:
    1. Oh you start at 60? Sick, I don't have to stop doing the Heavensward MSQ to grind
    2. Oh you start at 60, fuck there are so many buttons dumped in my lap at once, what the fuck at least tell me how to play this or something

No joke it took me 15+ minutes to read all the tooltips and kinda sorta organize my hotbars, like give me a little bit of a tutorial or something jesus instead of just dumping 30 abilities on me at the same time

• Options
    Viera
    yeahhhh dancer and gunbreaker do kinda be like that, to a lesser extent samurai and red mage are too but they start at 50 instead. At least you don't have to level them from early ARR though!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    The great downside of running Eden savage raids only one night per week on a specific timeslot seems to be that invariably we figure out something we didn't fully realize before, but only on the last pull of the night, and we get to wait a full week before we can try it again, which then leads to rustiness and mistakes while we spend most of the next session trying to catch up to where we were before. For our E6S:
    Last week it was realizing proper arrangement of Air Bump before Conflag Strike (had some mixed signals of if we were going N/E/S/W or NE/SE/SW/NW), and this week it was discovering that Hands of Hell tethers also inflict Lightheaded debuff during the charge toward tethered players and not just inflicting it in a small area around them. Apparently on the second set towards the end, the DPS are supposed to strafe 45 degrees to the side after the Air Bump circles drop, so they don't double-debuff the tanks and healers? Or some other method of staying clear of double-debuffing anyone with Concussion?

Also, when Raktapaksa creates the flame orbs and kicks them around, leaving only one safe spot, then aims at the tank (who's standing with the whole party there) with Hands of Flame to fill that safe spot with a Lightheaded debuff, what's the smoothest way to handle that? We've been using one tank invuln on that for now but it seems an awkward place in any case.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    SabreMau wrote: »
    The great downside of running Eden savage raids only one night per week on a specific timeslot seems to be that invariably we figure out something we didn't fully realize before, but only on the last pull of the night, and we get to wait a full week before we can try it again, which then leads to rustiness and mistakes while we spend most of the next session trying to catch up to where we were before. For our E6S:
    Last week it was realizing proper arrangement of Air Bump before Conflag Strike (had some mixed signals of if we were going N/E/S/W or NE/SE/SW/NW), and this week it was discovering that Hands of Hell tethers also inflict Lightheaded debuff during the charge toward tethered players and not just inflicting it in a small area around them. Apparently on the second set towards the end, the DPS are supposed to strafe 45 degrees to the side after the Air Bump circles drop, so they don't double-debuff the tanks and healers? Or some other method of staying clear of double-debuffing anyone with Concussion?

Also, when Raktapaksa creates the flame orbs and kicks them around, leaving only one safe spot, then aims at the tank (who's standing with the whole party there) with Hands of Flame to fill that safe spot with a Lightheaded debuff, what's the smoothest way to handle that? We've been using one tank invuln on that for now but it seems an awkward place in any case.
    that Hands of Flame will fire shortly after the fireballs explode. Once they explode, the tank being targeted can use their gap-closer attack to dive at Ifrit, making the punch happen in the center of the arena. Otherwise, standard tank swap for the subsequent hit of Instant Incineration.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    SabreMau wrote: »

Normally, during the very last DPS tethers, the DPS will stay in their positions or move slightly back after the air bumps resolve. The tanks and healers rotate so that they don't get hit by the charge. There's enough time for the DPS to run in after that without getting hit by the AOE left behind by the air bump.

I myself just cleared that fight last week, and am in a similar spot as you in that I have a static that only runs one night per week. I try to do as much research as possible so that everyone knows what we gotta do each week, but there's definitely stuff that comes up each week that we aren't ready for.

This discussion has been closed.