As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Observer notes
    ROH's contract offer to Marty Scurll is "basically WWE main roster money while only working 40 dates a year"

This one is weird
    This is a true story and it shows how brainwashed some are. There was an international documentary being done on pro wrestling and both myself and Fumi Saito were involved this past week. They had interviewed people in WWE recently as well. I had actually blocked the director not that long ago because he asked me if it was true that Tony Khan actually bought all the tickets for those first day sold out events to make it appear the product was hot, given I seem to be a magnet for people who, for whatever reason, cling on to desperation wanting AEW to fail, even though I’ve never said once it’s a lock for them to succeed, just they’ve gotten off to a great start and their results thus far for a company getting started and selling tickets are strong. Anyway, the story came from people in WWE who explained to them that version, that the fast ticket sales and early sellouts were the company buying up all the tickets. So it’s actually a story propagated from within WWE talent or told to WWE talent from within the organization. You’d think people who see through the obvious, but I guess not

Shibata tried to get cleared by NJPW doctors and was “told in no uncertain terms that there was a zero percent chance he could ever be cleared”

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I know it won't be

But god please Best Friends win that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    I know it won't be

But god please Best Friends win that

I can see someone in the Kenny/Page team eating the pin to progress whatever's happening there, so I have a sliver of hope.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I could definitely see Kenny+Page+Young Bucks getting in enough conflict that LAX or Best Friends could capitalize. It would be more refreshing if it were Best Friends

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

WWE dropping the ball on a Colt Cabanna web series is just a masterclass in failure.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

Two things:

1. This video is a delight
    2. Ophidian vs. Rocky Romero is gonna be a delight

• Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    At NXT Pittsburgh and this happened:
    btva3h7dn8u6.jpeg

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Is that
    B-team vs. Timesplitters
    ?

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Looks like the Forgotten Sons, Ryker/Cutler in particular.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I AM THE TABLE!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Almost nothing announced for this show, but its in a brewery so this looks like the show I'm starting Mania weekend with.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Apparently the Gateway To Anarchy show got GTA2020 trending on Twitter tonight.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    This one is weird
    This is a true story and it shows how brainwashed some are. There was an international documentary being done on pro wrestling and both myself and Fumi Saito were involved this past week. They had interviewed people in WWE recently as well. I had actually blocked the director not that long ago because he asked me if it was true that Tony Khan actually bought all the tickets for those first day sold out events to make it appear the product was hot, given I seem to be a magnet for people who, for whatever reason, cling on to desperation wanting AEW to fail, even though I’ve never said once it’s a lock for them to succeed, just they’ve gotten off to a great start and their results thus far for a company getting started and selling tickets are strong. Anyway, the story came from people in WWE who explained to them that version, that the fast ticket sales and early sellouts were the company buying up all the tickets. So it’s actually a story propagated from within WWE talent or told to WWE talent from within the organization. You’d think people who see through the obvious, but I guess not

I'm reading this, and it crosses my mind that WWE could have probably bought a ton of tickets to the first Dynamite, left the seats empty, and just made AEW look really bad... if they wanted to.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Jesus, Shooter is going to be a fucking mega star when he come back dude looks so much like Tana

2hyt71utc1a41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f546c0c7f9a4bcda339b1a9eaf08515d9a7c44d6

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

I was just about to come post this

this sucks

• Options
    I wouldn't be shocked if Sami Callihan retains the world title over her 28 hours from now

The alternative's not impossible, and TNA's definitely dumb enough they might think this will have blown over in that time, but it won't blow over, and by then it'll be associated with their new world champ

• Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be shocked if Sami Callihan retains the world title over her 28 hours from now

The alternative's not impossible, and TNA's definitely dumb enough they might think this will have blown over in that time, but it won't blow over, and by then it'll be associated with their new world champ

You might be vastly overestimating those in charge at Impact.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Welp, fuck Tessa.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    cornell wrote: »

I mean my first thought was "There is someone in charge at impact?"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

If you're going to keep trying to say TNA's currently the most incompetent company in the room that is American wrestling anymore: ROH still has a pulse, and its past 8 months is unmatched (with no signs of slowing down anytime soon if rumors are true and they really did just give Marty Raw-roster money to work 40 days a year and still be world champ for none of them)

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I just saw this randomly on facebook shared by a friend.

82786118_2473164519566686_134490084761141248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQlDL3hL6GdsPmWcUC4Y5qKd1P7LuSSn2fL4iHG2sEBALaJ_ZvNaLAHgXCXIL5zPPxtvW1vpN4qZ6F1AmCBXmUU3&_nc_ht=scontent.forf1-1.fna&oh=a73d72300578edf38bee56d584fe43ae&oe=5EACFD53

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    The whole internet loves Tessa Blanchard, a lovely wrestler that fights for equality!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

If you're going to keep trying to say TNA's currently the most incompetent company in the room that is American wrestling anymore: ROH still has a pulse, and its past 8 months is unmatched (with no signs of slowing down anytime soon if rumors are true and they really did just give Marty Raw-roster money to work 40 days a year and still be world champ for none of them)

I mean ROH can still be terrible while TNA has bad management. I mean Sami Callahan is their champ that right there is bad.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    I have a feeling that racism accusations won’t prevent Tessa from becoming champion in TNA or any major promotion unless there is some heavy mainstream coverage and negative financial consequences. I hope I’m wrong but Hulk Hogan is currently on a legend contract with “PG” WWE that has national sponsors.

Her other bad behavior bullying and locker room fights are definitely something that any promotion could easily sweep under the rug. I hope I’m wrong I really do.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    yeah i don't see them punishing her immediately, if ever. the appeal of 'first woman world champion' publicity is, i'd imagine, too great for them to pass up

• Options
    Crossposting because XFL: XFL video game in early discussions http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/xfl-negotiating-video-game/

• Options
    Hahahahahahahaha

Talking about a fuckin game before the first game has even been played

Christ, that's perfect

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Hahahahahahahaha

Christ, that's perfect

To be fair(rrrrrrrrrr....), people have been talking about an AEW video game since AEW was announced.

I mean, AEW is probably more likely to exist by this time next year than the XFL, but people get excited about this stuff.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    It wouldn't be unreasonable if the XFL didn't already have a history of failing spectacularly and quickly ceasing to exist.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    If somebody wanted to make a football game without the NFL license they could have and they could have populated that game's roster with fictional players who we can at least pretend would be good enough to make it to the NFL.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahaha

Christ, that's perfect

To be fair(rrrrrrrrrr....), people have been talking about an AEW video game since AEW was announced.

I mean, AEW is probably more likely to exist by this time next year than the XFL, but people get excited about this stuff.
    I do not mean people talking about it I mean the company talking about it

As far as I know an AEW video game hasn't progressed beyond folks going "Oh Yukes is free now huh" with no real official chatter

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ROH erased the women’s title from their champs page https://www.rohwrestling.com/roh-champion

• Options
    God damn that's so young to die. I'm sorry for his family.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahaha

Christ, that's perfect

As far as I know an AEW video game hasn't progressed beyond folks going "Oh Yukes is free now huh" with no real official chatter

Cody and Kenny (mostly Cody) have dropped hints about an AEW video game a few times, with Cody even directly name dropping AKI/Syn Sophia from time to time. But nothing more concrete than that, to be sure.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahaha

Christ, that's perfect

Cody and Kenny (mostly Cody) have dropped hints about an AEW video game a few times, with Cody even directly name dropping AKI/Syn Sophia from time to time. But nothing more concrete than that, to be sure.

Kenny said in a recent twitter QnA hes hoping to talk about it sooner then you think hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.