As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Maybe the [NFL] isn't so bad...

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Can we get the old thread title back?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I am very very very happy right now.

I am also deeply apprehensive, because the last time one of my teams won it all was 2016, and the karmic backlash on that was apocalyptic and world-spanning.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I am very very very happy right now.

I am also deeply apprehensive, because the last time one of my teams won it all was 2016, and the karmic backlash on that was apocalyptic and world-spanning.

Yeah if the price for Cavaliers and the Cubs was Trump I'd like a refund.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    My prediction for this game is that at least half of the times Rodgers throws in Sherman's direction will be when they have the 49ers offsides

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Hail to the Chefs. Hope they get Reid a ring.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hard to root for the chiefs when they have hill on their roster.

I probably just won’t watch the super bowl again.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Bosa on one team. Hill on the other time. Hurray super bowl

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    This ain't lookin' so good, Mike

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I don't want to have to root against Andy Reid. The one year SF had to actually not be shit.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    This ain't lookin' so good, Mike

Not great, Bob

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    Is any team clean in that sense of not having a Bosa or Hill type person on their roster or staff?

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    Well this game also looks over. Seems like we’re going to have really bad championship games after better weeks previously.

Yawn.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Sorry Knight. 49ers in the Superbowl with no Patriots is the best possible outcome for any SB matchup. It would only be better if the 49ers won.

• Options
    I feel like fucking up your arm bad enough that you can't safely walk is ummm real bad

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    Welp, don’t have to watch the 2nd half of this one. God awful.

See you next season nfl, not gonna watch the racism vs domestic violence bowl.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    That was just a bad throw nothing else to it

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeesh. This one seems over.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I’d avoid the Super Bowl to not have to subject myself to Buck and Aikman again. But, it’s fun to watch with my friends.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I’d avoid the Super Bowl to not have to subject myself to Buck and Aikman again. But, it’s fun to watch with my friends.

This is what my brother said.
    He has the game on and is sighing loudly

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

Do you not purchase, like, any commercially made products?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Can no one on the packers do math?

Why the fuck do you go for two?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

I watched less NFL this year than I ever have and if it weren't for following this thread and twitter, that would have been 0 reason to follow any of it. I agree completely with you on the second part, right now I can't commit to even giving them the chance of the first part though

"Terrible people keep winning" isn't really a lesson we need to hear more of these days, but we'll keep hearing it I guess?

• Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular

I watched less NFL this year than I ever have and if it weren't for following this thread and twitter, that would have been 0 reason to follow any of it. I agree completely with you on the second part, right now I can't commit to even giving them the chance of the first part though

"Terrible people keep winning" isn't really a lesson we need to hear more of these days, but we'll keep hearing it I guess?

What two teams would be okay to see then in a Superbowl? I am legit asking because I can't think of one that doesn't have at least one scummy person involved.

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options

What two teams would be okay to see then in a Superbowl? I am legit asking because I can't think of one that doesn't have at least one scummy person involved.

And before you answer this question, ask yourself where that team's jerseys are manufactured, and under what conditions that company's employees work/live/exist

• Options
    Tox wrote: »

*and yet you're engaging in society comic*

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Okay so the "everything is actually awful" gotcha is tiring. We know everything is awful and it doesn't make participating in more awful things better

ALSO we generally don't have a national post-sale celebration for commercial products

Also also we don't usually spend four hours listening to commentary talking up commercial products that come from bad places!

Both of those things will happen at the Superb Owl.

It is definitely okay to not be enthused, or even skip it all together

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    And before you answer this question

*"Ah but you live in society, that's just as bad" and "Sonic capitalism" bullshit comics that are always acknowledged as bullshit because it's bullshit goes here*

• Options
    Did that Niners coach just puke

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Did that Niners coach just puke

Looks like my phlem right now. Flu or some shit going around.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    It'd be one thing if you were saying you weren't watching THE NFL AT ALL because of its long history of being a haven for abusers.

That you draw the line at this specific Superbowl pairing is bullshit and absolutely "and yet you live in a society."

Tox on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    He’s going to have to throw a lot more in the super bowl, I’d wager.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It'd be one thing if you were saying you weren't watching THE NFL AT ALL because of its long history of being a haven for abusers.

That you draw the line at this specific Superbowl pairing is bullshit and absolutely "and yet you live in a society."

i watch much less football than i did even a few years ago.

in this superbowl you will hear them excitedly call out the name of a domestic abuser and a known racist hundreds of times, celebrating their performance.

why is this somehow a ludicrous position to not want to subject myself to this.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's the JOE MONTANA Bowl

• Options

i watch much less football than i did even a few years ago.

in this superbowl you will hear them excitedly call out the name of a domestic abuser and a known racist hundreds of times, celebrating their performance.

why is this somehow a ludicrous position to not want to subject myself to this.

It's not ludicrous, it's hypocritical. When was the last time this wasn't the case for a SB?

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Nah

What's bullshit is feeling the need to call out people for being unhappy

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    It's the JOE MONTANA Bowl
    No, it's the ELVIS GRBAC BOWL.

WAIT

STEVE BONO BOWL!

WAIT WAIT

ALEX SMITH BOWL!

Kansas City has a long history of picking up San Fransisco's quarterbacks.

mcp on
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    In honour of Steve Bono, I want both QBs to score long, slow TD runs.

• Options
    Ringo wrote: »

Nah

You're right!

Go ahead and link the post where I said that.

• Options
    Ringo wrote: »

Nah

Amen

This discussion has been closed.