As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yee-haw! My name is [Nintendo]! This is my horse, [Nintendo]! That's right-same name!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    What's next, Nintendo? gonna ditch Friend Codes next?!?

Please ditch Friend Codes, Nintendo

I'd settle for using the damn friend codes in Pokemon. Like, friend codes would work perfectly well for the online, why are we doing this 4 digit code nonsense.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Welp

Got TMS #FE pre loading

By the time I beat that P5R will be out

I am

Ready

Let us know if they put in a "skip" button for the Session Attacks. It's a great concept but I have no interest in replaying the game if I have to watch the whole sequence every time.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    My patience is starting to wear a little thin with the handwriting detection in brain age, do you want me to write a 5 quickly or one that looks good because when I'm on the clock you're getting the former. It's only the fives that give me trouble too.

How do you draw them? Do you lift your stylus (finger? I don't know about BA) at any time in the process? That always got be back on the DS ones because I was left handed.

I draw my fives in a single stroke but it seems to not like it if you draw it closer to an S, or basically when the top of the 5 isn’t a rigid 90 degree angle.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Welp

Got TMS #FE pre loading

By the time I beat that P5R will be out

I am

Ready

Let us know if they put in a "skip" button for the Session Attacks. It's a great concept but I have no interest in replaying the game if I have to watch the whole sequence every time.

No skip option, but a speed up option
    Session skill linking, the flashy mechanic that allows characters to automatically gang up on enemies during battles, now has a speed-up option to make fights go by faster.
    https://kotaku.com/tokyo-mirage-sessions-is-great-on-switch-1840828402

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Probably didn't want a skip due to how that would work with the ad libs and the duo attacks

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I will watch all the session attacks ad infinitum because they are the greatest thing about the game.

Still seven days before release, I'll get my PAX South in then pick it up.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    What's next, Nintendo? gonna ditch Friend Codes next?!?

Please ditch Friend Codes, Nintendo

Give us Enemy Codes, Nintendo

Linguistic historians are unsure as to why over the course of the 21st century the English word 'friend' so drastically and diametrically shifted meaning in common usage. Prior to the 21st the standard usage of the word was to refer to individuals, persons, or groups who shared a mutual positive bond. So how did the term completely shift meaning to mean the opposite? One hypothesis comes via an archaic form of recreational social network that appeared in the first two decades of the century, known as "Friendcodes*" Friendcodes allowed individuals to connect through networking services for shared competitive or cooperative ludo-audiovisual experiences. An issue was soon found with these Friendcodes, however. While they allowed users to form social connections they did not allow users to distinguish said connections between intended or actual positive relationships and negative relationships. Hence even an individual whom a user only interacted with because they found them repugnant and wished to socially humiliate them were labeled with "Friendcodes." Overtime, due to the principle of Perpetual Online Negativity Growth (PONG) negative instances of online networking interaction (See "Mario Maker 2") eventually outstripped positive ones, and the term "Friend" was adopted as pejorative slang for someone despised. The new slang usage proved exceptionally popular, outlasting the ludo-audiovisual social networks which had spawned them. (See "Video Games: Doomed Experiment of the late 20th to early 21st centuries.") Regardless of the origin, the new usage competed with the old usage eventually rendering the old usage functionally extinct.

*Believed to have been pronounced /ɡæskɔɪn/

Gundi on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I want the phone companies to adopt friend codes.
    You can only contact me if we input each other codes and we have two person activation.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I want the phone companies to adopt friend codes.
    You can only contact me if we input each other codes and we have two person activation.

66ackcriwb5o.png
    Tee hee friend me at 3645-7690-9800 {that is just a random code not mine}

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    good god

• Options
    If I was Ganon I'd just give up as soon as I saw Link do a sick kickflip over a Lynel's giant club swing

Steam ID
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Is all that twitchiness even necessary, or is he adding that for flare? I'd have thought he could manage just with dodging/parrying and really good bow control.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    that is definitely stunting

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    So the thirty hearts are just for decoration then.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

WayForward has a new game and it looks neat

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    I'm nearly done with the fourth area in Baba Is You. Favourite moments so far:
    - Becoming an infinitely nested series of wooden boxes and clones of myself, endlessly exploding out of one another as I destroyed an entire river.
    - Deliberately killing myself in order to be transported and ultimately resurrected by a cluster of autonomous text boxes.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

Nintendos 2020 recruitment pamphlet features some neat storybook artwork.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I've been playing Ring Fit Adventure almost daily since christmas and it just introduced a skill tree.

I guess it's meant to be played over a long period of time, but it seems like something most games would introduce far earlier.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    - Becoming an infinitely nested series of wooden boxes and clones of myself, endlessly exploding out of one another as I destroyed an entire river.
    - Deliberately killing myself in order to be transported and ultimately resurrected by a cluster of autonomous text boxes.

One of my favorite things about that game is how people sound insane when they are working out puzzle solutions. Someone will just suddenly shout "BOX HAS BOX!!" or something in victory.

• Options
    borschevskyborschevsky Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I've been playing Ring Fit Adventure almost daily since christmas and it just introduced a skill tree.

I guess it's meant to be played over a long period of time, but it seems like something most games would introduce far earlier.
    I'm somewhat further along than that, and I've been pretty surprised how much content there appears to be. I also thought that the skill tree appeared kind of late, but I've been going for a while since then, and there's no end in sight.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

One of my favorite things about that game is how people sound insane when they are working out puzzle solutions. Someone will just suddenly shout "BOX HAS BOX!!" or something in victory.

Alternatively, failures:

“Goddammit, ME IS ME.”

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Alternatively, failures:

“Goddammit, ME IS ME.”

Mood

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Did... did Vivi's grandad take him in because he assumed he'd be tasty to eat?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

... Maybe.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    My favorite "ah fuck" moment of Baba was figuring out how one stage didn't have Wall is Stop after like 20 minites of staring at the screen at a loss for what to do.

It's a video game! All walls are stop!

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My favorite "ah fuck" moment of Baba was figuring out how one stage didn't have Wall is Stop after like 20 minites of staring at the screen at a loss for what to do.

I really appreciated that they used that in one of the first like three or four levels to make sure you quickly understand that everything is a rule

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Ages ago, the first several times I went to the Undercity in World of Warcraft - a sort of underground mall of the undead, if you've never been - I was very very careful never to step into the (as it later turned out, completely harmless) water in the canals.

The water was green, you see.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I wish I was better at Baba. It made me depressed at how stupid I am.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Oh look at richie rich ober here! He only buys games that work!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

There's some dark stuff in FF9 but that one really hit me hard because of how understated it was.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Vivi, my son? My sweet innocent boy?

FFIX spoilers
    Vivi, who fucked his race back into existence?

• Options
    Are there any websites that have like a compendium of good Mario Maker levels? I should play more of that game but I just never want to engage with its browser

Steam ID
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    It's me.

I'm the next Smash Bros. fighter.

I am fucking terrible, don't pick me.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    G O K U

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Vyse, which ties into the rumblings about Skies of Arcadia 2!

Only question is if he'd use Pirate's Wrath or the MoonStone Cannon as his FS.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    It's me.

I'm the next Smash Bros. fighter.

I am fucking terrible, don't pick me.

Sweet.

New main.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I still desperately want it to be a tetris block, but they added a bunch of tetris block spirits a while back and i think they'd hold those back if they were making my dream come true

the monster hunter seems like a pretty likely choice. i can imagine it being doom guy or minecraft steve. the 12 year old in me still really wants geno.

honestly i don't think it'll be one that excites me much, which, they made me PRETTY HAPPY with banjo so i guess i can live with that

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    *clap clap* GOOMBA *clap clap* GOOMBA *clap clap* GOOMBA

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.