As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Power supply issues

GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I bought a new computer in March (Gateway, I don't remember the model number at the moment). The only thing I've added to it is a GeForce 7600 video card. As far as I can tell, it has decent ventilation and is not overheating.

Recently, it's decided to more or less frequently turn off. I'm assuming that the power supply is the problem and I'm planning on upgrading it (or, alternately, bugging Gateway until they replace it, but my experience with computer customer service leads me to believe that it would be a futile effort). So, I'm wondering two things:
1. What should I look for in a power supply? Wattage range, manufacturers to seek out, whatever.
2. How hard is it to replace one myself? I'm not a computer whiz, but I do know my way around the inside of a tower.

Thanks in advance for any info.

steam_sig.png
IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
GoodOmens on