As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

everyone's back at their [job] and it's THE WORST

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Apparently it must be Piss-and-Shit-All-Over-the-Toilet-Seat-Day at work because, good lord, there's been so much piss and shit all over the toilets!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Oh no! I'm working from home! This is the worst kind of holiday.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Apparently it must be Piss-and-Shit-All-Over-the-Toilet-Seat-Day at work because, good lord, there's been so much piss and shit all over the toilets!

We just call it Leap Day, but, yes.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Someone's unable to decide to give their allegiance to Polaris or Natura

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

The day that only exists every four years and nothing done during it can have consequences

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Madican wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

The day that only exists every four years and nothing done during it can have consequences
    leap-day-william-gif-2.gif

Pinfeldorf on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Ahhhh no spoiler that shit!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Didn't think it was anything people haven't seen before, sorry!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Got an email from a company I did some freelance work for last year asking me to fill in a W-9. While I was filling it in, I had a strong sense of deja-vu so I searched through my email and - yep, this is the third W-9 I've filled in for these guys.
    are you using them for wallpaper or what

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Got an email from a company I did some freelance work for last year asking me to fill in a W-9. While I was filling it in, I had a strong sense of deja-vu so I searched through my email and - yep, this is the third W-9 I've filled in for these guys.
    are you using them for wallpaper or what

Someone's desperately hoping you'll write a note saying "look, if you have any further questions just call me on this number *** *** ****"

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Okay, letting me know that you applied pressure to the man's gaping wound on his head really needed to include the bit about using towels from the car.

I honestly thought you had your bare hands in his head and face.

Really good time to start tossing the office for the PPE we used to keep.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    There is a certain wisdom in not rocking the boat when you’re put in to manage a new team. Nobody likes the new manager who feels the need to piss on every post or open every conversation with, “well, in my old job we did it like this...”

Godmode’s new boss sounds like he grabbed the wrong end of that stick because he is, in fact, a fuckwit

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    You have to observe and listen with an open mind, whether that's open to the way to team operates, or open to changing it. What you'll tend to find is that if you spend the time to put in a meeting, raise the change you want to make, listen to their comments and challenge them fairly, then you'll get a lot further than just shoving your decision through.

• Options
    Anyone have moderately priced office chair recommendations? I do not need emu leather, just something comfortable.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    There is a certain wisdom in not rocking the boat when you’re put in to manage a new team. Nobody likes the new manager who feels the need to piss on every post or open every conversation with, “well, in my old job we did it like this...”

Godmode’s new boss sounds like he grabbed the wrong end of that stick because he is, in fact, a fuckwit

It's just the WORST when a new manager thinks they have to try and change everything up and stamp their signature all over everything when the department was already working really well.

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    You have to observe and listen with an open mind, whether that's open to the way to team operates, or open to changing it. What you'll tend to find is that if you spend the time to put in a meeting, raise the change you want to make, listen to their comments and challenge them fairly, then you'll get a lot further than just shoving your decision through.

Absolutely, most teams have tried every single one of the new manager's GENIUS ideas previously and abandoned them as they didn't work in practice.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Anyone have moderately priced office chair recommendations? I do not need emu leather, just something comfortable.

See if you can get an aeron used. They pop up as offices redecorate or whatever.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sadly my Not manager is in charge of me again but he still is an idiot
    I do Frozen/Dairy/ the meat wall {aka the lunch meat and other things wall} as part of my job. Last night we had a 2200+ peice truck that came 90 minutes to late. I did the Yogrut wall when I finished I helped the person in the cooler finish the two pallets
    When I went thorw some carboard he was saying we could have done "better" One of the guys in frozen pointed out Cap2 had 22 people last night and still did not finish Grocery
    He got defensive about it Then the person in Frozen said vaguely pointing at me, When he was in charge it was not that messy it was rather smooth. My not manager changed the subject and walked away
    Still I know I needed the money but I really need to find something to do other than this

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Called out sick today. Just could not fathom working for some reason. I now have 23 hours of sick time left for the year.

I think I'm in some kind of rut or something. I haven't been feeling like working for a week and a half now.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Called out sick today. Just could not fathom working for some reason. I now have 23 hours of sick time left for the year.

I think I'm in some kind of rut or something. I haven't been feeling like working for a week and a half now.

Are you taking your meds regularly?

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »

Are you taking your meds regularly?

I am. Trying to make it the first thing I do in the morning.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Bizarre week this week. No bosses the first few days, but a dog and pony show to one customer Monday, the possibility of winning my company's highest honor Tuesday, training in Boston Wednesday and Thursday, and end of year reviews with bonuses and raises Friday. I'm anxious to say the least. I know I won't win Tuesday (I've been nominated nearly every year) but you always have that stupid sliver of hope.

• Options
    Client site closed due to Corona? Da fuq?

Not going to ID my company but this is NOT the place you would worry about catching it.....unless....shit.

:(

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Yeah the places in that part of the world that have cases in them are probably the worst places it could've spread.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Radiation wrote: »

See if you can get an aero used. They pop up as offices redecorate or whatever.

Do you mean aeron?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Just booked myself in for my first ever flu shot later this week. Probably a bit pointless this late in the season but it's only 6 quid and I should probably start getting in the habit of getting it.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Just booked myself in for my first ever flu shot later this week. Probably a bit pointless this late in the season but it's only 6 quid and I should probably start getting in the habit of getting it.

Can't hurt! This time last year we were only a couple of weeks into a second wave of flu that wouldn't fully taper off until May.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    stayAWhileAndListen()

I guess I was playing Diablo 3 when I wrote that function?

• Options
    Last minute shopping before I need to wind down for sleep.

People that leave raw meat in deli cases are assholes

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Radiation wrote: »

See if you can get an aero used. They pop up as offices redecorate or whatever.

Do you mean aeron?

Yep. They are a bit higher on the price point, but I've seen them go for as low as $200 in my area. Not sure what moderately priced is. I went to office max like 3 years ago and got at chair there for about that price, and the chair has held up okayish, but the padding on the chair is basically gone.

Edit: A few posts about chairs in this fairly recent HA thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/235063/i-need-a-new-chair-before-my-spine-skips-town#latest

Also I think the company that minor incidident works for sells chairs. Not sure how comfortable or what price point they are at.

Radiation on
  • Options
    The actual function:
    func stayAWhileAndListen() {
    	c := make(chan os.Signal, 1)

signal.Notify(c, os.Interrupt)
    	signal.Notify(c, syscall.SIGTERM)

<-c

log.Info("Received shutdown signal, quitting")
    	os.Exit(0)
    }

ie, block until you get a shutdown signal from the OS.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm getting very tired of doing product conversions

I'm a small part of that apparatus, and I have one of the simpler roles in the process, but it's very tedious with our inventory system

And it doesn't actually seem like the cost savings are passed on to patients

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I need to convince my wife that it's wholly reasonable for a vegetarian to keep a poultry farm.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Petty Officer,

It's my intention to nominate you for this cycle's Sailor of the Quarter. Congratulations! If for some reason you would be unable to participate please let me know. Otherwise, please work with your Lead Petty Officer to provide a completed package NLT this Friday.

I am a monster and it is delightful.

• Options
    I think I figured out why I've been all messed up about work. My sleep has been kind of messed up and I didn't connect the two until last night when I couldn't fall asleep till 4am. I woke up at 8:30 am. I might call in sick to fix this and because it is consecutive it will use pto and not sick time.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I really chewed up my hand on cardboard boxes the last 2 days to the point I cut or something the tip of my pinky on my right hand so it bled constantly. Because band aids and other general first aid items are looted from the first aid kits at work. I had to make due with other items like unused price stickers or cut up vinyl gloves. So I had two fingers I cut from a glove filled with blood and gore so it was fun because those fingers were also tender to continue to work

Still F u idiot my not manager if the truck comes late {1am} and there is only 5 of us to do 1800+ pieces consider it a blessing we finished the freight and barely had time to zone

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I really chewed up my hand on cardboard boxes the last 2 days to the point I cut or something the tip of my pinky on my right hand so it bled constantly. Because band aids and other general first aid items are looted from the first aid kits at work. I had to make due with other items like unused price stickers or cut up vinyl gloves. So I had two fingers I cut from a glove filled with blood and gore so it was fun because those fingers were also tender to continue to work

Still F u idiot my not manager if the truck comes late {1am} and there is only 5 of us to do 1800+ pieces consider it a blessing we finished the freight and barely had time to zone

Dude just have management expense some band-aids off the shelf.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    Petty Officer,

It's my intention to nominate you for this cycle's Sailor of the Quarter. Congratulations! If for some reason you would be unable to participate please let me know. Otherwise, please work with your Lead Petty Officer to provide a completed package NLT this Friday.

I am a monster and it is delightful.

I'm visualizing a sarcastic voiceover at the end of the tutorial section of some scifi FPS game.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    I need to convince my wife that it's wholly reasonable for a vegetarian to keep a poultry farm.

For eggs?
    Because heck yes you should. Also they'd be the most spoiled chickens.

If you can't, then obviously as your future farm neighbor, I'd be willing to help out.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

Dude just have management expense some band-aids off the shelf.

At a Walmart? That's not happening. Oh and if he files an incident report or claim it'll be found to be his fault with punishment.

No I'm not still bitter about my time with that place why do you ask

This discussion has been closed.