My old headphones have had enough. After battling for years in the dark depths of my backpack, a hell dimension unto itself, my old pair of Sennheisers (4.20s I think?) have finally been rent asunder. While they haven't technically given up the ghost, they're currently being held together by tape and a dream and are basically unusable at this point. Thus, my search for a new pair begins in earnest. Since I am not an expert in this field by any means, I will ask y'all, my fellow forumers, to point me in the right direction. Which headphones would be suitable for my purposes?
- The new pair of headphones need to be decently durable; I do not have the good graces to handle my backpack with care
- They need to be closed; a big reason why I have headphones in the first place is that I can listen to music and not bother other people
- They need to be over-ear as opposed to on-ear; just not a big fan of on-ear headphones
- Not too expensive? I don't have a hard-and-fast budget for these things, but I think that I'd have a real hard time justifying a pair of headphones that are $275 or more. I'd like for them to be less than $100, but perhaps that's not going to be in the cards.
Things I don't need:
- The BESTEST sound quality; I do not have an audiophile's hunger for this shit, I'm just a guy who wants have the pretty music play in his ears when I need to concentrate. While I would regret buying headphones that sound like absolute garbage, I'm not going to be picky about this.
- Noise cancelling; Not interested one way or the other by this, to be honest. Most of the places where I used my headphones were pretty quiet
- Bluetooth only; no just no