As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I picked up the Assassins Creed Rebel Collection to be able to play Black Flag on the Switch, which will be the third time I’ve bought Black Flag. It is my Skyrim-there’s just so much in there, once you’re past being introduced to the ship upgrades, the game is just awash in a buffet of options of things to go and do.

Of course I’m just trying to get past all the rest of the intro stuff to just get there. Fortunately it seems like nearly every cut scene is skippable, and, while it shouldn’t be surprising for what was technically a PS4 launch title in 2020, the load times are soooo much briefer now, I am already pleased with my purchase.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I had all of the major twists of Xenoblade 2 ruined for me by youtube spoiler titles and video icons since they got dumped wholesale into my recommendations after watching a spoilerless review video.

So i feel you.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I went to YouTube to watch the video. Searched Smash Direct and every thumbnail was a spoiler. Like, I don't care that much, but jeez people.

Ironically I was able to avoid it by starting half way through the Direct but it was live at the moment and I thought for SURE that was Marth on the screen. Turns out it was Byleth.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I picked up the Assassins Creed Rebel Collection to be able to play Black Flag on the Switch, which will be the third time I’ve bought Black Flag. It is my Skyrim-there’s just so much in there, once you’re past being introduced to the ship upgrades, the game is just awash in a buffet of options of things to go and do.

Of course I’m just trying to get past all the rest of the intro stuff to just get there. Fortunately it seems like nearly every cut scene is skippable, and, while it shouldn’t be surprising for what was technically a PS4 launch title in 2020, the load times are soooo much briefer now, I am already pleased with my purchase.

Yeah the game is great on the Switch, I've been playing it as well. Very good port.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    What I want to know is WHY ISNT BYLETH IN THE SOCCER UNIFORM.

That's the only way to conquer the realms.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Is there an option in Three Houses to ignore the combat or make it trivially easy so I could focus on the important parts?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Is there an option in Three Houses to ignore the combat or make it trivially easy so I could focus on the important parts?

Play on normal/casual and recruit Petra and Lysithea.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Yes. Normal > Casual.

Should be near impossible to actually lose while just running down enemies.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

This is really funny because my friend absolutely hates all the school parts and just wanted to do combat! He was so bored. He sold it to my other friend who loves all Fire Emblems.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    ur frend is silly

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    I have ascended to accessory godhood status.

Ty4IgCD.jpg

LTUEwb8.jpg

4ZgU5ym.jpg

I'm currently in the market for a tophat and a monocle.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    ur frend is silly

I will say...when I was binging on the game I did reach a point where I was almost dreading doing that full walk through/talk through of everyone and everything yet again. There is a lot to do and it's a long time before you get back to combat.

But the relationships you build with everyone are awesome and there is so much cool stuff you get during your explorations.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    ur frend is silly

I will say...when I was binging on the game I did reach a point where I was almost dreading doing that full walk through/talk through of everyone and everything yet again. There is a lot to do and it's a long time before you get back to combat.

But the relationships you build with everyone are awesome and there is so much cool stuff you get during your explorations.

I've seen this dichotomy before in the Shadowrun games. Some people lament how many people you need to talk to between doing runs, I see runs as a way to progress the dialogue with all the characters in town.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

You most certainly have - Waterfield products are excellent! The case I have for my Switch is great..... I rarely take it on the go..... but when I do I'll be rolling in style!

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    LTUEwb8.jpg

You put your case in a case?!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

It's the double decker taco of gaming accessories.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    LTUEwb8.jpg

You didn't?!?!

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

Switch gordita crunch

I'm kinda surprised it has no leather strap to hold it in or shut? Or am I missing something?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    LTUEwb8.jpg

Yo Dawg?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    LTUEwb8.jpg

Don’t get on his case.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

This is really funny because my friend absolutely hates all the school parts and just wanted to do combat! He was so bored. He sold it to my other friend who loves all Fire Emblems.

Obviously you need to introduce Goat and your friend and have them take turns.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My wife was telling me yesterday about a troublesome co-worker. He apparently comes in late to work (it's software, so no 9-5 schedules) and generally is detached from the project. Then she tells me:

"So then our boss comes in during a team meeting and he turns on a switch and acts like he's so invested in the project."

To which I responded, with absolute honest confusion:

"Why would he suddenly start playing a Switch in a meeting in front of the boss?"

Like, my brain was generally hardwired into thinking she meant a Nintendo Switch. Her glaring stare and narrowing eyes spoke volumes of what she thought of my stupidity. :biggrin:

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I mean really, @MNC Dover. Everyone knows you play Tetris in front of the boss.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Side note: I got a birthday email from Nintendo and they're giving out 300 Platinum coins. Wow, um...thanks?

I know that's super snarky and rude of me, but what's the point? Platinum coins are virtually useless.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Side note: I got a birthday email from Nintendo and they're giving out 300 Platinum coins. Wow, um...thanks?

I know that's super snarky and rude of me, but what's the point? Platinum coins are virtually useless.

Nintendo is like that friend who never gets you anything for your birthday but doesn’t want to look bad. So he reaches into his pocket and is like “Here’s this Subway coupon. $1 off a foot long combo. Expires tomorrow. Happy Birthday. Eat Fresh.”

That was last year. This year he didn’t have a coupon so he gave you the leftover arcade tokens from his trip to the only remaining Sega Gameworks. Only redeemable at that location.

• Options
    I take full responsibility for this change due to my tweet on the subject of birthday rewards to Doug Bowser. You're welcome.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular

Meanwhile, my Japanese Nintendo account, which actually does have a use for Platinum (provided you have a Japanese credit card or PayPal with a Japanese bank account), just gives a pretty wallpaper.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I have you know that splatoon 2 relationship chart pdf download was well worth the 10 platinum coins.

• Options
    edited January 2020

Switch gordita crunch

I'm kinda surprised it has no leather strap to hold it in or shut? Or am I missing something?

it closes magnetically.

I don't think you're fully appreciating the fancyness.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Meanwhile, my Japanese Nintendo account, which actually does have a use for Platinum (provided you have a Japanese credit card or PayPal with a Japanese bank account), just gives a pretty wallpaper.
    The modern-day Gift of the Magi.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    LTUEwb8.jpg

Don’t get on his case.

This is really sending me back into my shell.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    LTUEwb8.jpg

Don’t get on his case.

This is really sending me back into my shell.

Way to double bag it bro ... nobody is getting preggers.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Honestly, Platinum coins are better than the coupon birthday gifts. Because the coupons are for Wii U games and such. You can get PC/phone wallpapers with the Platinum coins, at least.

And yes, MyNintendo is pretty much a joke, as always.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    LTUEwb8.jpg

Don’t get on his case.

No, then he might end up putting the case in a basket. Which would be a case of basketcase.

• Options
    So my siblings both got switch's of their own and only had enough after to buy one game each.

Well my sister apparently found out that they could stick my log-in on their switch as a profile. Download all the digital game's that i have bought and just turn their switch's on airplane mode to keep from booting me and themselves off games.

So of course i spent all day babysitting switch downloads and i'm le-tired.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I went to YouTube to watch the video. Searched Smash Direct and every thumbnail was a spoiler. Like, I don't care that much, but jeez people.

This is why, when I woke up, I got my wife to bring it up for me.

I am so glad I slept in.

Nintendo is like that friend who never gets you anything for your birthday but doesn’t want to look bad. So he reaches into his pocket and is like “Here’s this Subway coupon. $1 off a foot long combo. Expires tomorrow. Happy Birthday. Eat Fresh.”

That was last year. This year he didn’t have a coupon so he gave you the leftover arcade tokens from his trip to the only remaining Sega Gameworks. Only redeemable at that location.

Not gonna lie; if someone gave me some arcade tokens, especially SEGA ones, I'd keep, treasure, and appreciate them.

Regarding Fire Emblem, I'm a little weary of certain... aspects... of that series.

It's something I'm hoping Langrisser I & II can fill the void of.

https://youtu.be/wKAi9maPGKA

Anyone ever play the originals?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    So my siblings both got switch's of their own and only had enough after to buy one game each.

Well my sister apparently found out that they could stick my log-in on their switch as a profile. Download all the digital game's that i have bought and just turn their switch's on airplane mode to keep from booting me and themselves off games.

But if they can take theirs offline and still play games, that means they've made their Switch the primary console and yours the secondary which means you can never take yours offline, or you won't be able to play your games.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

But if they can take theirs offline and still play games, that means they've made their Switch the primary console and yours the secondary which means you can never take yours offline, or you won't be able to play your games.

Nintendo only checks for primary on the start up so if they start up a game and then go to home and into airplane mode then pop the game back up it allows my console to stay primary with them being able to play the games unheeded.

• Options
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Nintendo only checks for primary on the start up so if they start up a game and then go to home and into airplane mode then pop the game back up it allows my console to stay primary with them being able to play the games unheeded.

Yeah and if it does happen I put my phone into Hotspot mode for 20 seconds and then turn it off.