As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I’m having a real bear of a time getting traction on any of the second chip missions. Which is annoying because at this point I’ve got a whole cadre at or near cap for E1 and thanks to the event I’m flush in materials and money to just do like two or three immediately.

The chip 2 missions are basically the chip 1 missions but a lot more demanding

The baseline strategies shouldn't really change much, but you may have to change up your starting deploy order or shift roster around to accommodate for enemy changes

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    The Chip 2 missions tend to actually want you to deploy the classes the mission gives, vs the Chip 1s you can more or less brute force with whatever with a token contribution.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    I have everything from the event store except the Grani tokens... torn if I should really go for one

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Man, I also need to farm for those catalysts...

Whats the better LMD rate, the infinite coin sink, or the level 4 rotating daily?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Whats the better LMD rate, the infinite coin sink, or the level 4 rotating daily?

The daily.

The coin sink is 15 stam->300. (5 points per 10 bucks)

The Daily is 30 stam->7.5k.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I really want Saria. So close, I have 160 store certs, so only 20 shy. But I could only do 4 pulls right now and I know I'd just end up at 165 if I was lucky and tempted to whale.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

The daily.

Awesome, thank you.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I really want Saria. So close, I have 160 store certs, so only 20 shy. But I could only do 4 pulls right now and I know I'd just end up at 165 if I was lucky and tempted to whale.

Dolphin!

Do we know when/what the next content is?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular

Dolphin!

Do we know when/what the next content is?

Probably will drop the 19th when this event ends.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

The daily.

Worth keeping in mind, that this only applies if one is trying to quickly farm up LMD. If one needs mats that drop or can drop from one of the event stages, then they should still farm the event.

I'd need to look at the rates, but unless one needs LMD in massive amount now, probably best to build up a stock of the drop items.

Mill on
  • Options
    holy shit

there goes all my luck for the month, off of only a melee/survival recruit

unknown.png?width=951&height=570

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I hate you.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I hate you.

nl3zo6rjp0qr.gif

Orphane on
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I think my next thing to level is Grani, so I can do Grani x Skadi shenanigans. This is purely motivated by Skadi apparently finding Grani mildly annoying.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mill wrote: »

The daily.

Worth keeping in mind, that this only applies if one is trying to quickly farm up LMD. If one needs mats that drop or can drop from one of the event stages, then they should still farm the event.

I'd need to look at the rates, but unless one needs LMD in massive amount now, probably best to build up a stock of the drop items.

This is definitely true. That said... I'm getting pretty ready to stop farming the event. Been doing nothing but for a long time.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

The daily.

This is definitely true. That said... I'm getting pretty ready to stop farming the event. Been doing nothing but for a long time.

Yeah, I need to get chips and get new maps on farm mode and...

I got the command center maxed out today at least! I made a lot of progress on chapter 4 to open new farming stages... but wow this is getting rough.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

The daily.

Sure, but I'm mostly worried about other things I need to unlock E2's right now. Not that I won't ever need more of the other mats, but I'm at like 120 Kohl and ~80 Grindstones, with almost no chip packs, and 0 catalysts.

• Options
    Also, holy balls E2 SilverAsh with specialized skill is just vrrrrm melt everything on screen.

• Options
    Ugh, recruitment's setup is ass. Finally, get robot tag and get guard, so had a shat at the 1* Castle-3 and then the robot tag fucking falls off. Honestly, shit like that is why the devs will never see a penny from me because they'd lose nothing if the robot tag couldn't fall off, given that the two units that you can get from it don't show up in the gacha.

• Options
    Ugh, recruitment's setup is ass. Finally, get robot tag and get guard, so had a shat at the 1* Castle-3 and then the robot tag fucking falls off. Honestly, shit like that is why the devs will never see a penny from me because they'd lose nothing if the robot tag couldn't fall off, given that the two units that you can get from it don't show up in the gacha.

Question: How many hours did you set your recruit to? Robot should always be 3:50 so the 1* possibility doesn't fall off. If you set it any higher than that you guarantee it drops.

• Options
    E2 #7 and Guard #3 and AoE Guard #2.

LprU6Rq.jpg

And if you wanna see her E2 art:
    4T8cvty.jpg

Whelp, that's at least one 'Hidden 6Star' E2'd.

Now, if only I could pull some decent Sharpshooters.

• Options
    I set it for 3:50.

• Options
    I set it for 3:50.

Then I feel your sadness.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    GT-HX-2 challenge complete. Just need to figure out how to get the challenge for GT-HX-1 done with what I have, since I dumped my current batch of exp into Amiya, Lava and Project Red to get GT-HX-2 challenge done.

I used this youtube video for reference.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptobfD_Z23c

Used Myrrh instead of Gavial. Jessica instead of Kroos because I've invested slightly more into her. Siege as my starter vanguard. Haze as my second single target caster. Project Red instead of Melantha because at E1 she brings a stun and lvl 30 seems to make her work well enough with SL5. After that, what you have in the way of melee doesn't matter to much, they will all die for the cause and in some cases multiple times. Though for the record I had SilverAsh and Texas as my other two. Worth noting, when you don't need the healers, worth recalling one and putting someone like Texas or Nightmare or anyone that can get some extra arts damage or stuns or both in on Big Adam. If things go well, the last melee probably will survive my Texas did.

As note, I thank you Siege, Cuora, SilverAsh and Project Red*2 for your sacrifice.

Edit: Looking at the guys video for challenge mode GT-HX-1. I can already tell, I've neglected some of the lower end units that I should have boosted for this. Need to get Lancet up to 30, also kicking myself for not taking advantage of the two spaces that had zero decayed defense. I think if I go with Vigna in the middle lane and Texas down in the bottom that should hopefully let me kill most of the early shit, while generating DP. Only concern is that I might not be generating enough. Then stick Siege in the back to be DP generator. Also need to figure out if Nearl will cut it here because that's my second tank, but I might need to run with something that is tankier because it didn't give up defense to having healing. My other concern is dps output. I'd run more planning but out of plans to do so. Probably tweak some stuff and then try planning tomorrow, I want to at least get close with what I have in planning, since that will give me an idea of where I might want to shoot for in the way of a supporter unit to fill holes. Definitely need to invest in some vanguards that generate DP in different ways from Siege and Texas. I think the map is doable, if I can get things setup right. Maybe the game will be nice and give me the last ranger I need in order to get him to full potential, since I have a spot to use him on. Sadly, I think with the way they have the support system up, I can't get the option to have Eyjafjalla with her crazy AoE skill that she gets at E2, since it appears things are averaged. Eyjafjalla would probably work better than Amiya save for the DP cost. ><

Mill on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is there any reason to save recruitment insta-complete coupons?
    also is there any reason to stockpile recruitment tickets beyond having 3 a day for one of the daily rewards?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    As far as I'm aware there is zero reason to save insta-complete recruitment tickets. There only really useful one hasn't unlocked three recruitment slots. I guess they might also be useful, if you need to free up a slot because you filled up all the slots and then decided to see what your next tags were and it was something you wanted to use ASAP before something could reset the tags.

As for recruitment tickets, given that I don't think they do rate-ups for recruitment, you could probably burn those down to below 10. I'm still trying to work out if three is too low or if I want to be a few above that.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I always save a couple instant recruits for the day that will surely come (any time now) where I get a top operator tag and don't want to exercise patience.
    Recruitment passes themselves are just good for spamming more recruits hoping for the good tags or the dailies. I'm not sure how many we get per day though, it's not a lot. I think if you burn down to 3 unless you get lucky with the credit store or something, you'll probably end up with not enough to do 3x in one day at some point.

Also, my first E2, thanks Grani event! Second E2 is almost complete, I just need to spend today farming all the money and then get the chips.
    lPi4mqi.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Another E2 to celebrate how good this event was in giving needed materials. Something something is magic or something. Also, +25٪ dodge to all Vanguards.

TMN0wTg.jpg

That makes 3 Vanguards E2'd.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Good luck if you're pulling y'all. I'm going to grab the guaranteed 5* and skedaddle

• Options
    Who is the gold shop second option?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ifrit I think. Which makes me sad I won't have enough tokens for her.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Ifrit / Lappland are the shop units. Just doing the 5* guaranteed since I got already got Eyjafjalla off-banner. Don't have near enough yellow certs to grab Ifrit though, but thankfully she'll be back up for certs in about 4-5 standard pool banners or so.

• Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    Ifrit / Lappland are the shop units. Just doing the 5* guaranteed since I got already got Eyjafjalla off-banner. Don't have near enough yellow certs to grab Ifrit though, but thankfully she'll be back up for certs in about 4-5 standard pool banners or so.

Yeah, I'll probably grab my 5* and then buy Lappland if she isn't my 5* pull.

• Options
    I'm guessing the swapped the banners as both Eyjafjalla & Ifrit destroy the bosses in the Grani/Skadi event.

• Options
    edited February 2020

--

I'm going to buy Lappland but I need to wait a few days to see if they do the Ch'en banner. I'll pull there first and then leftovers to pull here, then if I don't get Lappland I'll acert her.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Okay now we furry