As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    With how tedious and sparse these powerfuls have become I’m not sure I’ll see Prophecy anytime soon.

Without the season pass Umbrals are more or less garbage all of it, never had a single light increase from them.

There are perks to make them powerful more often, and a perk to luck into random focused ones. It's certainly not as good as it was at launch, but they're still one of the bigger payoffs you can get week to week.

The key benefit is they let you better focus at-level drops. So you get a powerful and then you can use umbral engrams to pull up other slots rather then having to depend on random drops.

But yeah, I guess without the season pass you aren't gonna be able to focus where the upgrade goes or pull the engram up to your current level.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I don't think you can interact with the perk stuff without the season pass

Oh, he said "without the season pass", that's my bad.

• Options
    Tried to do a LFG raid, I was booted on the third encounter for falling off the edge twice. First time was me being clumsy, second one was an enemy literally coming around a corner mid jump and colliding with me, making me fall to my death. The dude asked me how much my Flawless title cost right before he booted me.

I mean, granted I'm ass at raiding but people like this are why I don't usually bother going for pinnacles that aren't the easy ones

I never had a problem with that kind of asshole in raids. Mostly you just get people who are annoying and won't stfu in discord. But that is some grade-A dickhole behaviour. Unless it's preventing you from finishing the encounter, who gives a shit if someone makes some mistakes.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Tried to do a LFG raid, I was booted on the third encounter for falling off the edge twice. First time was me being clumsy, second one was an enemy literally coming around a corner mid jump and colliding with me, making me fall to my death. The dude asked me how much my Flawless title cost right before he booted me.

I mean, granted I'm ass at raiding but people like this are why I don't usually bother going for pinnacles that aren't the easy ones

I'm pretty good at jumping and I guess that's... the key skill in Trials huh? That's... a thing.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I mean I'll be fair to them, we failed on second encounter a few times, once or twice from me but not just me... but they also failed to assign positions and then got mad when people were confused where they needed to be. Not to mention the constant radio chatter which was just meme speak. Tbh they did me a favor booting me, if was painful listening to them. I guess I just forgot LFG is usually trash no matter what activity.

I'm pretty sure the dude was just salty, he mentioned at the start of the raid he felt anyone he meets with the Flawless title is "a douche"

And I mean I totally am, but he didn't even experience me at full douche

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

So, I did a quick check on raid report for you. They replaced you with a guy who died a lot, they spent another 30 minutes trying to beat it, then quit. Whoopsie for them.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Earlier today I did some Scourge final boss runs. After we kinda screwed up the first damage phase (only 25% damage dealt), half the group left without a word. Then, we replaced them with people who finished 3 boss runs without much difficulty in a row (on the last one we finally got a proper 2-phase), with 3 Anarchy drops.

LFG has plenty of fine people, but it's a bit of a skill to know when to ditch em and when to stick with it - I probably wouldn't stick around long with someone who was insecure and/or spiteful enough to complain about a title, of all things.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    @Local H Jay I bet my clan could take you through Garden sometime if ya wanted. Is there certain times you’re available?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm just working on pinnacles to round out my gear score. I'm around most nights after 8pm CST but I'm not really sweating it. If you happen to see me on and are gonna run some, I'll gladly take an invite, but no need to go out of your way to set something up. Tonight I think we'll finally be able to get into the Dungeon, so there's that.

I should just be grinding Trials tbh, more my speed, but less reliable drops for sure. Doesn't help I just started TLoU2 as well so that's probably gonna distract from the grind a bit as well.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    This talk of raids is reminding me that I should probably see if I can get into a Leviathan run or two just so I can say I did it before they all go poof for at least the next year.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

So, I did a quick check on raid report for you. They replaced you with a guy who died a lot, they spent another 30 minutes trying to beat it, then quit. Whoopsie for them.

The people who jump to attack others are almost always the most mediocre-to-average players you'll find. This applies to pretty much everything.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

The people who jump to attack others are almost always the most mediocre-to-average players you'll find. This applies to pretty much everything.

"Must have X number of clears" is almost always said by people with much fewer then X clears.

Not that they ever check anyway.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I hit 1050 (plus a bit) yesterday afternoon. Seasonal grind complete! lrhrsym29fqz.jpg The seasonal public event is actually kind of fun when you aren't being dead half the time! I still have to start the seasonal quest line. Something something Io...? In prior seasons, running the seasonal quest was the -first- thing one did, but this season seems to have taken a hint from last, where if you're not at (or above) the seasonal cap, you're going to have a pretty un-fun time. So I guess the new plan is to grind it out, then engage.

edit to add - I'll be glad when I get far enough in the season pass to get the extra 6 stat points across the board. Three of my armor pieces are 1310 or 1360 max, so finding replacements for the others should be not to terrible in Y4.

Gnawing Hunger with Tactical Mag+Tap the Trigger/Rampage is now permanently locked in my special gun slot. Numerically it may be less effective than Recluse, but it feels the same to me with a larger magazine and a much longer effective range.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The story missions are locked level so your power doesn't matter, so you missed out on last weeks pinnacle for no reason

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    On Xbox side, who can I talk to about getting my son a clan invite? Looks like we have spots. Is it still @ObiFett ?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    On Xbox side, who can I talk to about getting my son a clan invite? Looks like we have spots. Is it still @ObiFett ?

Yeah, just send me his gamertag in a PM. Then have him request to join. I'll approve him

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    The story missions are locked level so your power doesn't matter, so you missed out on last weeks pinnacle for no reason
    I don't think you know what "missed out" means. I wasn't at cap last week so a Pinnacle would have had exactly the same value as one of the many, Many, MANY umbral engrams that I opened that increased my power by around 35 points. Probably less value since those umbrals were zero effort (I wasn't even technically playing the game to get them after all).

I did "miss out" on two out of three Pinnacles this week because I took them in the wrong order instead of waiting until I was actually AT the cap before going after them, which is why I only have one piece that is 1051. I think I'll survive.

26904.png
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    I don't think you know what "missed out" means. I wasn't at cap last week so a Pinnacle would have had exactly the same value as one of the many, Many, MANY umbral engrams that I opened that increased my power by around 35 points. Probably less value since those umbrals were zero effort (I wasn't even technically playing the game to get them after all).

I did "miss out" on two out of three Pinnacles this week because I took them in the wrong order instead of waiting until I was actually AT the cap before going after them, which is why I only have one piece that is 1051. I think I'll survive.

Pendantic Point: Pinnacles are actually better than standard "powerful" drops even below cap. They will jump up more points than a powerful would. Mostly correct though.

The mission was different this week than last though, so it is possible that was missed out on. I know my warlock who didn't do it last week but did this week got the same mission, and lore reward, as my titan did this week. From triumphs I suspect it is only like a 3 week cycle for the mission but I guess we'll see.

At least with the timing on the story missions being weekly them being pinnacles isn't quite so pointless as the bunker 7 drop was. Where if you were playing the season you would hit way before you hit cap so you were encouraged to not claim it. Bah.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I've been a busy beaver. Last word, Thorn done today. the pvp portions weren't that bad

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Shamus wrote: »
    So is this season trying to explain The Darkness represents change versus The Traveler (Light) representing stagnation? Chaos versus Order?

Other way round, the Darkness is order and the Light is chaos/freedom.

Basically the universe always ends up just being Vex, they're the most effective form of existence. The Light thinks that's boring, there should be a bunch of different forms of life and it's going to help them exist. The Darkness thinks that prolonging the struggle is just causing pointless suffering and death.

In other words, what the Darkness sees as orderly perfection the Light sees as boring stagnation.

I mean, the lore is pretty heavily leaning towards the fact that the traveler is an egg for a pyramid, so I don’t know if we really know anything about light/dark interactions.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I've whiffed on the final boss for the solo Prophecy dungeon four times now. I'm so close.
    EDIT: Died to the floating tunnel right before the final encounter. Thanks Bungie.
    EDIT 2: Died to an "out of bounds" zone that gave me no time to leave it, when I went the wrong way in the wasteland by accident. Thanks again, Bungie.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    So is this season trying to explain The Darkness represents change versus The Traveler (Light) representing stagnation? Chaos versus Order?

Basically the universe always ends up just being Vex, they're the most effective form of existence. The Light thinks that's boring, there should be a bunch of different forms of life and it's going to help them exist. The Darkness thinks that prolonging the struggle is just causing pointless suffering and death.

In other words, what the Darkness sees as orderly perfection the Light sees as boring stagnation.

I mean, the lore is pretty heavily leaning towards the fact that the traveler is an egg for a pyramid, so I don’t know if we really know anything about light/dark interactions.

And by 'pretty heavily leaning towards' you mean 'the word eggshell was used once'.

Look up the the Gardener and Winnower lore. It's couched in metaphor, but it's pretty clearly supposed to be about Darkness and Light if not literally the pyramids and the Traveller.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Thanks, I'm just working on pinnacles to round out my gear score. I'm around most nights after 8pm CST but I'm not really sweating it. If you happen to see me on and are gonna run some, I'll gladly take an invite, but no need to go out of your way to set something up. Tonight I think we'll finally be able to get into the Dungeon, so there's that.

I should just be grinding Trials tbh, more my speed, but less reliable drops for sure. Doesn't help I just started TLoU2 as well so that's probably gonna distract from the grind a bit as well.

You're always welcome to join us on Sunday mornings.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

And by 'pretty heavily leaning towards' you mean 'the word eggshell was used once'.

Look up the the Gardener and Winnower lore. It's couched in metaphor, but it's pretty clearly supposed to be about Darkness and Light if not literally the pyramids and the Traveller.

Unless there is some shit in the rest of the datamined lore, but some folks tend to avoid that.

I sorta wish they were able to hide new lore like they did with Unveiling, but may be time for me to avoid lore sites if I want to read it organically.

• Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular

Thanks! I was thinking about this at work yesterday and kept thinking maybe I have it backwards.

• Options
    jefe414 wrote: »

You're always welcome to join us on Sunday mornings.

I'd love to, but yeah I'm typically working the weekends

Miss you guys tho

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    PM'd ypu, @ObiFett

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Servers are pretty boned today, nice change of pace to get some anteater and centipede errors instead of beaver.

• Options
    Yeah, even doing strikes this afternoon was a shitshow.

• Options
    I’ve been playing Crucible all day with no issues

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    So I found out you could solo Xenophage last night, so I did. And now I find out Xenophage is actually good? What happened?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I was in Exodus Crash, right at the end of the first area, and got a baboon error. It put me at the beginning of the strike. I rode all the way back, and got another baboon error, putting me at the beginning of the strike again.

Trapped forver playing Exodus Crash. A Sisyphean hell like no other.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I've been playing this game for 3 years and I haven't ever seen the Arms Dealer variant where you get a tank of your own until today. That's crazy.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    I've been playing this game for 3 years and I haven't ever seen the Arms Dealer variant where you get a tank of your own until today. That's crazy.

I think often people miss it because no one looks that way as they come out the doorway. But it's also seemingly pretty rare.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

I think often people miss it because no one looks that way as they come out the doorway. But it's also seemingly pretty rare.

Wait, what? You get a tank on Arms Dealer? Like Bracus Zahn is Orpah and there's a tank under every chair?
    I need to see this.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Minor nitpick I just noticed; using an ornament shouldn’t change the icon of what season the armor itself is from.

• Options
    Max LL of a piece should be in the preview window too

• Options
    I played a lot of Control today. Lack of SBMB is a mixed bag; I enjoy the challenge but fuck, fix the spawning zones. I shouldn’t spawn in the same area I was just killed with by the same Titan still in his Super to get a second easy kill.

I get Golden Gun has a range advantage but does every roaming super need to have a defense advantage against it? I’ll take the sniper headshot but come on.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

That's one thing I like about the game's Strikes; things are always a little different with each run.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I got a five streak gambit run ended because no enemies spawned on our map.

The other side got enemies. But we didn’t.

So we hung out and did emotes and I invaded a couple times at the end there.

august on