As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Community Dinner - Tickets are going, going..

ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
edited February 2020 in PAX East
Well, its that time of year again. Getting ready for the Pre-PAX...no wait, strike that...the PAX East Community Dinner, formally known at the Pre-PAX Dinner. Welcome back to this community run event!This year we are looking forward to a good turnout…I have reserved a space to accommodate up to 18 attendees.

Tickets are $31.85 + 2.26 fees. Your ticket will cover lite apps, your entree, tax and gratuity. Advance purchase required, tickets may not be available at the door. All drinks and any additional food are available at your own expense.

When/Where:

City Tap - Fort Point

https://www.citytap.com/location/fort-point/

10 Boston Wharf Road

Boston, MA 02210

Thursday, February 27th
4:45PM - 7PM

We returning to City Tap this year.…we held the event there last year and can say that the food is really good! They have a wide selection of appetizers, entrees, and a huge beer selection.

How to get there:

7-13 minute from South Station / Silver Line Convention Center T stations

9 minute walk from convention center

4 minute or less Uber/Lyft/cab from convention center

Parking - there are some meter spots, as well as several parking lots dotted around the restaurant.

Menu: There will be appetizers served from 5-5:30ish, entrees should be served shortly there after, you will be able to pre-select your entrée once you buy your ticket. Please contact the organizer with your entree selection, and let us know if you have any special requests or dietary restrictions.

Entrée Selections

[*] Chicken Pot Pie - classic creamy chicken stew baked with puff pastry served with a side salad

[*] Goat Cheese & Apple Ravioli - pepperoncini, pork belly, truffle pecorino

[*] Fried Chicken Sandwich - pickled green tomato, pimento cheese spread, shredded romaine

[*] Fried Rice - spicy house kimchi, english peas, carrots, sesame, sunny-side-up egg with Short Rib or Seitan [GF]

[*] Tandoori Kabobs -hummus, tabbouleh salad, pomegranate, balsamic, lemon oil, cilantro with Chicken or Seitan [GF]

[*] Shrimp & Grits - prosciutto, white cheddar grits, cajun beurre blanc, ham hock braised collard greens [GF]

[*] Veggie Burger - wild rice, black bean & beet patty, aged cheddar, dijonnaise, roasted tomato, alfalfa sprouts [GF]

[*] USDA Prime Tap Burger - brioche bun, American cheese, special sauce, lettuce, red onion, pickles, hand-cut fries, ketchup – add bacon, avocado or a fried egg [can be made with GF bun]

[*] Mussels served with flatbread [can be served with GF bread] Pancho - chorizo, tomatoes, poblano peppers, garlic OR Panang - spicy coconut broth, peanuts, cilantro OR Jacques - bacon, honey, dijon, white wine, parsley

Entrée Salads – You may add Grilled Steak, Shrimp or Chicken, or Avocado

[*] Caesar - romaine hearts, parmesan crisp, garlic croutons, crispy shallots, classic dressing [GF]

[*] City Tap Chop - Bacon, blue cheese, olives, egg, roasted tomato, croutons, crispy shallots, shaved onion, white balsamic vinaigrette [GF]

[*] Delhi Chicken Bowl - chopped chicken, curried farro salad, avocado, shredded veggies, arugula, pickled onion, cilantro, roasted tomato [GF]

[*] Greens & Grain - baby kale, arugula, farro, quinoa, cucumber, asparagus, peas, red onion, green goddess dressing

Items are prepared with ingredients that are not certified gluten-free, have minimal amounts of wheat gluten or are prepared in methods causing cross-contamination with wheat.

FAQ:

Handicap accessible? Yes!

21+ only? Nope…everyone is welcome! Please remember to bring proper ID if you will be consuming alcohol. And remember drinks are not include in your ticket price, so bring some dough with you.

What to wear…what to wear? Anything that you want…as long as you wear something.

When you arrive, please provide a printed ticket. If you can't provide a printed ticket then please be able to access your ticket on your phone or device so we may get everyone checked as fast as possible.

Final Note - I do not make a profit on this event. If at any time there is any question regarding this I will be more than willing to post all expenditures. If there are any remaining funds they will be added to the waitstaffs' tip...as we are a large group and they will be working hard for us.

Thank you all and see you at City Tap!

ClannMorgan on

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    I will attend on the condition that I get a fist bump from other forum attendees.

Ok, I'll just attend anyways. :D

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    MorikoMoriko Registered User regular
    Sounds like fun

• Options
    Okay... it is happening! I've made arrangements at a local restaurant within easy walking distance of the BCEC. I will be posting tickets by tomorrow. Tickets will be limited, so if your interested...and hungry...don't wait to grab one.

• Options
    GrimglaiveGrimglaive Registered User regular
    Waiting for an update! :D

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Hey everyone, we are making headway with tickets, we are almost half way full. So if you’re on the fence pick up a ticket today so I can let the restaurant know if we are going to fill the table. Sales close tonight.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    GrimglaiveGrimglaive Registered User regular
    There's a day inconsistency. (Wednesday in one spot, Thursday in another.) Just to be completely sure, this is Thursday right?

• Options
    It’s Thursday... thought I fixed that.

• Options
    There are a few tickets left, closing sales at 4pm.

• Options
    Thank you for coming out tonight. The food was great, beers were cold, and dare I say we all possibly made some new friends.

And with only one day of PAX complete, there is plenty of fun yet to be had.

Looking forward to next year!