As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Seven Deadly Sins] Grinding the Grand Cross, Red Merlin Banner

Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
edited March 2020 in Games and Technology
ljg2e7m3i36z.jpg

Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross is a mobile JRPG that recently released to global audiences after a positive release in Japan at less than a year. The game was brought global by Netmarble. The game follows the show as close as I have seen in a mobile game.

Summary from IMDB of the background of the show:
The Seven Deadly Sins were once an active group of knights in the region of Britannia, who disbanded after they supposedly plotted to overthrow the Liones Kingdom. Their supposed defeat came at the hands of the Holy Knights, but rumors continued to persist that they were still alive. Ten years later, the Holy Knights staged a coup d'état and captured the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. The third princess, Elizabeth, then starts out on a journey to find the Seven Deadly Sins and enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.

You start off as the ex captain of the Seven Deadly Sins Meliodas as he meets Elizabeth and starts on their journey.

The game is as pretty as any mobile game ive played and it scratches all the itches of the gacha genre without the price tag so far. The gameplay is simple but allows it to be as complicated as you want it to be. Each character has a to it a base theme typical to the genre (defense break, cleanse, buff etc) and you cast these via cards. These cards have 3 levels that you combine together like autochess games and as you upgrade the cards as you play they gain more power and abilities. For instance a card might just hit for dmg at level one but if two of them combine it may add in ignore defense or the like. It is much simpler to get into it and just play than to describe it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9rd-okUVw

The game is poised for an update tonight to add in the first post release content but at release the content includes:

6 Chapters of story: This takes you to about through most of the first season of the show.
Real Time PVP
Boss Attack
Cooking minigame
multiple upgrade paths for characters (rarity, limit break, star unlocks etc)
knighthoods/guilds
Upgrade, combine, equipment,ingredient farms...

Of all the gachas I have played recently, thanks ladyjubs :), I can see myself playing this along with my other main game into the future.

Jubal77 on

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I have green Meliodas, blue Gowther, and red Merlin. I'll need to roll more later but that's pretty much all I wanted.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter