As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I’m planning for the future not being lazy! Yeah, that’s the ticket.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I suppose there's a point to having 2 of 6* Magicites (one to make farming the element easier) but oh boy I don't know if I want to go back to Ifrit.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Also Also, wouldn't a 5 star with 3 elemental boosts be better anyways?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    The "blessing" passives have a boost and resist baked into them. So Ifrit for example boosts Fire and dampens Fire. Putting 2x Empower Fire on Ifrit yields a magicite that is probably better than Belias with 2x additional Empower Fire on, for instance. It's probably not a big improvement most of the time though, so I could see being lazy and just doing one defensive 6* for each element.

Fry on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oooh boy, I'm not a fan of Valefor's tornados. Shiva's ice walls had the courtesy to be ignorable if you could blitz Shiva, and Ifrit's flame pillars and Titan's earth wall had the good sense to have low HP. I'm sure I can take out the tornadoes, but they have so much health for something like this, and I can't do anything to Valefor while they're around. It eats up my resources, is what it does.

• Options
    Yup, I'm in the same boat @Enlong.

The one time I did it comfortably, I paired up Rinoa's AASB and SASB to clear them out fast but then had nothing for the rest of the fight.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    For my Valefor clears, I spent pretty much the entirety of Rinoa Awakening (ice) taking out tornadoes, and then rode Rinoa Sync (ice) and Lulu Awakening through the rest of the fight.

Tried a physical team and it did not go well. Rinoa did not clean out the tornadoes nearly as well, and my physical characters were doing way less damage than my magical characters had been. :(

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Hm. Might be that I should focus on Ice relics for now. Awakening for Rinoa, Squall, or Ayame would help immensely. I already rolled discount 8 and Ice, and I used my recent ticket, so... maybe I’ll focus on trying to make Ramuh work.

Speaking of, I’m considering using Onion or Ignis again for that. I like Quina’s Awakening a lot, but I think I’m gonna need some crits for this. Unless I can get results with a Precise Strikes/ATK Maduin?

Enlong on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    What ice tech do you have? I can poke at clears since I haven't looked for any for myself yet. That said, I have Squall's sync/AASB/glint, and Laguna's CSB/glint, so I expect them to carry the shit out of the fight, even with the rest being sort of meh. I mean, Noel's not bad with his AASB and both USBs, but compared to those two, he's definitely playing second fiddle.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I find it funny that a Phys clear with Squall SASB, AASB, Glint and Celes AASB with enIce USB and HA takes about 48 game secs. Tornadoes suck is what I'm saying.

• Options
    Me?

Current Ice team is Noel (Awakening, USB, BSB), Kiros (BSB, Awakening), Laguna (Chain, Glint, USB), Quina (Awakening), and Elarra (USB1, Awakening, Glint+, Glint).

I really, really wish Kiros had another source of Enice.

• Options
    Ramuh has devised a new strategy to stop me from taking him down.

His fight simply never loads.

• Options
    Huh, I forgot that Tyro could use other skills besides Wrath Entrust. Just saw this team and maybe I'll try it out later.

twj06jzp9p11.png

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So valefor is a 1 healer fight?

Okay, gonna give it a shot with Squall (awakening, AOSB, glint, bsb2, enIce)
    Fran (chain, awakening, imperil aoe USB)
    Laguna (awakening, glint, g+, imperil USB, enIce burst available, enIce LMR, imperil LMR)
    Celes (chain, enIce LMR)

Talk about the tornadoes ALMOST makes me want to consider dropping celes and just sticking Cor in to work samurai awakening but that feels like a waste.

• Options
    Are you really sold on Quina there? I'm pretty skeptical that is pulling its weight. You're already likely well over the Atk cap with Laguna's CSB, so the extra Atk on top of it is a marginal gain, and at best, even if you fit 6 turns in, it's only an overall ~33% increase, but it's all pushed onto two turns. A regular crit fix is ~25% increase (50% for 50%) for 25 seconds.

But anywhere, here's one using Kiros, Laguna, and Bartz as DPS, with 2x healers, but does have Laguna's AASB and Kiros's USB. Then again, it has Bartz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfaPsCmIOQs

Here's Noel and Firion, featuring a 38 second stall (has Laguna's USB2, not USB1, if that's the one you meant, but only AASBs for Noel and Firion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKFPmYJl8pc

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Oh shit, firion. I have his Awakening and bubsy and USB and LMR. No way to get enIce, but he could probably murder the whirlwind s

• Options
    Did my discount ff8 draw as I got back to 15 mythril.

1/11 discoHalo

Rinoa Earth sync.

I've been lucky as shit the past two days.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Oh shit, firion. I have his Awakening and bubsy and USB and LMR. No way to get enIce, but he could probably murder the whirlwind s

IIRC that clear is after the EnIce nerf on Magicites.

• Options

IIRC that clear is after the EnIce nerf on Magicites.

Nope. Video posted October 4th. The buff didn't happen until mid December.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    So, if I’ve got a 50% ATK chain, it may well be better to pick up Tyro’s crit-rate USB and use him instead?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Finally spending some tickets!

Earth draw:
    1st - Leo USB, WoL bUSB, Galuf Chain dupe. No EnEarth on either USB. Blargh.
    2nd - Ingus Chain dupe. Blargh.
    3rd - Emperor USB2 dupe, Xexat AOSB. Blargh.

Projecting current trends to infinity I will never kill Ramuh or anything past him ever.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I'm beginning to think it might not have been so wise to so quickly convert 2/3s of my physical dark offsense to magic last week and then turn my two Everaes into Madeens with out bringing along their attack up mods now that I have to go back to Lakshmi this week... Been awhile since I have seen over a minute magicite clear.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Enlong wrote: »
    So, if I’ve got a 50% ATK chain, it may well be better to pick up Tyro’s crit-rate USB and use him instead?

If you're not capping under chain/don't have Imperil maxed out, yes crit is better to reach cap.

edit: for example. if you have max crit + Elarra's USB2 running at the same time, even Cloud can cap during Titan's tanky phases.

lionheart_m on
  • Options

If you're not capping under chain/don't have Imperil maxed out, yes crit is better to reach cap.

edit: for example. if you have max crit + Elarra's USB2 running at the same time, even Cloud can cap during Titan's tanky phases.

It's always better if you're already bringing a +50% Atk buff with stat powercreep. You only need to be at like 675 Atk to be over the second soft cap once you figure in magicite, and lower if you've got some other personal buff like a USB or BSB in the picture. Once you're past that, you can ballpark the damage gained as about 40-50% of what the boost is. IE Another +50% Atk buff over the second cap is only going to be 20-25% more damage. Just a 50% crit fix is +25% damage, ramping up to a consistent +50%, before factoring in Deadly Strikes or a crit boost from Zack/Elarra.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    3zwfyuwc2cjp.jpg

Ramuh can be 2 DPS'd with off-type chain.

If those DPS are a sync, a bubsy, and an AOSB, and a sync and an awakening (and an AOSB if ability berserk ever stopped).

Also rinoa's sync and Earth awakening are like...the opposite of synergistic.

• Options
    Hm. I'm certain now that I have the DPS needed to take out Ramuh. The trick is making it line up properly; losing Enearth a couple turns after turning it on kills momentum super hard, and my Knights can't get stacking Enearth, so I need to time things carefully. I'm using Tifa's sync in phase 2, now, so that she can blow that one down fairly quick, and keep 2 stacks of Enearth going into phase 3. Might be nice to try and time an Arcane to go into phase 3, just to lop off more of that phase's tanky health pool.

I miiiight swap Gaia Strike to Dorgann, so he can blow down phase 1 faster? Things go south fast if he's allowed to use that second Staff in phase 1, and Dorgann's having some trouble doing early cap breaks with Earth Saber.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So crosschecking RK squared it looks like I'm at ~25% chance on the Earth Elemental Relic Draw to get an Empowered Earth Infusion + BDL1 SB combo, though that's probably quite a bit lower because I'd need 2 pieces, not 1 piece in some character's cases.

Nothing to do but burn tickets in vain, I suppose.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Uh, well if you get Yang's awakening, he has an Enearth Glint in the lens shop?

Gonna level with ya, I was going to look up a list of other characters with the same option, but it turns out that Earth characters have a lot of weird and highly-specific Glints that don't do enearth.

Like, Emperor has one that lowers the target's Lightning attack level by 1. Really?

edit:

Wait, Yang doesn't have an Awakening yet. Get your head in the game, FFRK.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Earth Glints are by and large garbage, which isn't really fair when the game makes one specific type of Glint mandatory to counteract a boss's otherwise bullshit mechanic.

• Options
    This makes Ramuh's design especially ridiculous. In his final phase, he hits the party with Diffusion, then immediatly turns on Staff of Olduum. If the party has no Enearth when he turns on the staff, then Judgement Bolt is an Eject attack that ends the battle.

With so many Earth glints being terrible and not providing stacking, it really makes the fight feel like it's Sync or sink.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    If you're really desperate Galuf's En-earth glint is on the dream select. This seems a little too intentional on Dena's part to not have on the Record lab.

• Options
    This makes Ramuh's design especially ridiculous. In his final phase, he hits the party with Diffusion, then immediatly turns on Staff of Olduum. If the party has no Enearth when he turns on the staff, then Judgement Bolt is an Eject attack that ends the battle.

With so many Earth glints being terrible and not providing stacking, it really makes the fight feel like it's Sync or sink.

It's not an eject. It's an automatic 99999, but can still be tanked with guts, same as Ark's big overflow hit.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    It's not an instant death, it just hits hard.

Eject is on later ones, I think?

• Options
    Ramuh doesn't have any auto-ejects. It's how people do their 2 hour long radiant shield clears.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    So looking around, I'm guessing squall's unique ability is the best thing to handle the whirlwinds?

• Options
    Yeah, Ramuh doesn't eject you, but Judgment Bolt will 99999 you, and the Stormlances also get silly (dealing 5 digit damage).

Some people on reddit have clears where they squeak in a SB cast to give someone earth aura in between the phase 3 diffusion and the instant Staff immediately afterward, but I am glad I was just able to get past it with stacked aura from a Sync.

• Options
    So looking around, I'm guessing squall's unique ability is the best thing to handle the whirlwinds?

Celes's does well too, but samurai are the prizes if you have one. There's only like, Ayame and sort of Firion in that category though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Awakened summoners with Dark Shiva are also pretty darn good at clearing tornadoes, to the point where some people are cramming Rinoa into their physical teams mainly for that (she can also carry ice sharpshooter abilities, so she's not totally worthless at the rest of the fight)

• Options
    There actually is just a tiny bit of time where you could do something in that phase transition.

Though, the best way to get an Earth aura in that moment is (what else) a Glint.

Really kinda wish I was running my magic team. Enna Kros has a really nice enearth Glint.

...actually, maybe I should? The strategy I'm using (in which Ingus uses his Awakening late in the fight after using his Chain a lot) would be applicable to Red XIII, and I also have Maria's Awakening and could pick up her dualcasting USB.

The thing is, though, that that team would have almost no Imperil options, and the physical team has Tifa's Sync.