Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Got a second hit overall on the tickets. It was Vincent's Bubsy, which is nice, but is on the lens shop. Anyway, it'll be good when/if I get his magic Chain. He's currently outclassed by Balthier as a physical Fire Machinist, but he'll do well as a hybrid for mage teams if I get his chain, like Desch does.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Following along with how redditors got the job done, I was able to finish after some practice:
    XHofnrjl.jpg

edit: team was mostly Orlandu Sync + AASB + Glint (crit damage) + OSB doing the heavy lifting. Tyro AASB boosts damage, OSB counters Full Break, USB (status barrier) counters Sleep. Marche USB for speedup and Glint to remove Confuse. Agrias AASB + USB (really wish I had her AOSB or LBO as a finisher). Ovelia can heal pretty much the first two phases with just one cast of AASB and then spamming De'diaja, USB (last stand) at the end.

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    34 seconds huh?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Woah, and with a good time, too. What's your team?

• Options
    So apparently I had a realm/element ticket left behind upgrading a second cardia crystal to 65 or something, so I threw it at holy.

4/11 two disco
    Dupe hope burst
    Rem empowered glint
    Dupe arc USB
    Dupe ramza awakening

It's a good draw, free, and yet still mildly disappointing :p

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I've definitely got a giant sense of inferiority plus a chip on my shoulder about Dreambreakers, so I haven't even considered them. Maybe after the Realm draw updates again and I can throw tickets at draws with a chance for Dreambreaker tier relics.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Went ahead and tossed 50 mythril at Tactics-1.

2/11: Ovelia AASB, Agrias LOSB! I was hoping for Orlandeau stuff but I'll gladly take this!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Welp. That's ten tickets, but daily was the traditional 1*, which seems like an inauspicious sign. First shot at holy banner can wait an hour or two.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Daily hit: umaro empowered glint

• Options
    edited July 2020
    1/10 on tickets. Yuna's AOSB.

The "fuck you" from the game continues apace.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Ff1 discount draw: master "chance to increase attack after monk" lmr

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    @ArcTangent

Well I can't complain cuz I got 3 discos...sure Yuna's AOSB was one of them and no Awakening so far. Inspired by you I went 0/7 tickets. Yay. Still at this point I think I'm not gonna get any more hits on those banners (statistically speaking).

Daily Hit...Reks' GSB+. Which I think is my second relic on him...the other one is his SSB. So yay? There's...not many Lightning Spellblades d00ds huh?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I think it’s just Reks, Delita, Steiner, Lightning (5-star only) and probably some T-0 character I don’t know of.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I think it’s just Reks, Delita, Steiner, Lightning (5-star only) and probably some T-0 character I don’t know of.

Queen.

• Options
    Poked at fft Dreambreaker.

I can't seem to deal enough damage to get out of phase 1 in time? O_o

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Poked at fft Dreambreaker.

I can't seem to deal enough damage to get out of phase 1 in time? O_o

Yeah, you don't really have any time to screw around, gotta turn on the DPS ASAP

• Options
    A Fire ticket got me a hit today. one that has absolutely nothing to do with Fire baseline.

Sephiroth's Glint+ gives him 3 turns of instant-cast with no bar cost. The obvious use-case, for a fully decked-out Dark Sephiroth would be to use it to do Heartless Angel, Stigma, and Zanshin all in a row at maximum speed after building 2 soul breaks' worth of meter. Even without Stigma, it's a decent option for Dark. But again, it's doing nothing for Fire stuff, since I've got his Fire Arcane and nothing else on that front.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Well it happened. I got the 11 tickets from clearing 50 magicite and struck out on all of them.

I wholly expected this going in so I'm not even mad.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Doing a little housekeeping of my spreadsheet, most notably swapping 5* dives done over to 5* dives remaining. Realized something I wish I had a LONG time ago, given I kept spending greens.

I know I've cleared some stuff others haven't, so it won't be exact, but I need the following number of motes to 5* dive everyone:

Spirit: 1598
    Dexterity: 2012
    Vitality: 2405
    Wisdom: 1513
    Bravery: -3

Yep. I already have enough bravery motes to dive everyone. If you've been swapping 4* for 5* instead of for magicite experience, or have been buying them from the greens shop....don't.

Also I realized I'd forgotten to add Serafie to the bard column at whatever point we got her, so we're actually closer to having everyone able to unlock the Ninja spheres than Bard. Hah.

Also, 600 of those VIT motes are KH/Beyond folks, 500 of the DEX, 500 of the SPI, and 500 of the WIS. We're basically at the point of being able to full dive all but 10 of your mages/healers, and all but 19 of your physical folks. Don't hold back.

e: Now to figure out how the fuck to track 6* dives other than "fully dived" or "not fully dived" because partials are going to be a THING here.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    In related news, because I was scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel anyway, I've dived anyone who has a wcast LM2.

• Options
    I’m getting close to 50 mythril, but every time I think of rolling on one of the current banners, I think about doing 3 realm/elemental rolls instead.

• Options
    Elemental ticket disco!

Rem!

Arcane.

Was super excited for a sec, downgraded to mildly excited.

• Options
    Oof, I messed up a bit. I picked Arc AASB from the fest Select so he could help me with Holy and Water magic, but I was double checking his SBs today, and his BSB and USB both only grant EnHoly. There's another EnWater USB, but it's not lensable yet.

This makes my Ifrit team just Rydia AASB/USB2, Gogo V CSB, USB, and Lunafreya with just SASB and no lensable SBs otherwise. Maybe Meia USB + Glint as a 4th?

Also, the fight for Lunar Leviathan is real. Probably will end up making Rydia's HA just to reduce competition a bit.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Here’s an interesting tech option for Ifrit with mages: Ogopogo.

Yeah, I’m sure you’re already using Ogopogo as a last resort for when your 6-star Spell runs out of charges, but it can also be useful for the flame pillars. They have slightly more HP than it takes to survive 6 hits of 9999 damage. Meaning 2 casts of him will leave them weak enough for a White Mage to bonk them to death from the back row with a staff. That can let the team spread out the damage and Pain a bit from killing the pillars. Also, the pillars can’t do their normal counter-attack when hit with a summon; just the on they do when they die.

Of course, the threat of doing a single cast and then a double cast does exist; that would kill the Summoner. An alternative is Rydia’s water BSB; it does 6 hits and Imperil Water. I used a similar BSB from Kimahri in my Ifrit team.

————

As for character options, I’d advocate Tyro + healer or dual healers instead of 4 DPS. Ifrit’s damage is really nasty, and going too fast with DPS might end up killing you before you handle the pillars. And consider Aria as a healer; she can use Allegro Con Moto, and her USB blocks fire damage equal to 100% of each character’s maximum HP, making Ifrit the one kind of fight where she really shines.

Enlong on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    An alternative alternative is killing the summoner on purpose and then reviving them so they can kill the pillars again in phase three.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    An alternative alternative is killing the summoner on purpose and then reviving them so they can kill the pillars again in phase three.

True.

I may have accidentally employed that strategy more often than I intended.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Rydia can carry black magic in her second slot, so I'd probably do that to make the pillars simpler. Can do something like Gogo magic on pillar 1, Rydia magic on pillar 2, Luna ogopogo, Meia magic (no aim). You can tweak slightly based on the exact order turns come up and whether people double cast. Also, for phases 2 and 3 you probably want to be casting SBs to recover from Diffusion anyway, which also helps.

I could see having Luna Sync up in phase 2 with the expectation she will suicide to clear pillars at the start of phase 3, and Rydia AASB to finish up. But again, depending on turn order that might not be necessary, as Rydia and Meia can break two pillars with SBs and then Luna is only taking two hits back.

Fry on
  • Options
    2/11 ticket
    Gladio OSB dupe
    Iris USB2

Guess after like 8 tickets, I'm done with 15 then, with the only actual prize being Iris's USB.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    1/11 ticket
    Dupe firion awakening

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Hmmm... Daily hit a 1 star relic. Let's see if the ticket can turn this around...

3/11

Leo BSB
    Arc GSB+ (no this is not empowered infusion, this is imperil water+holy lv 2)
    Ceodore Awakening! First relic I get for the little guy but he doesn't have that much stuff in the shop yet. Still, I'm not complaining.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    I think I'm back in hording ticket mode. I'm 90% certain I have the tech I need to finish both magicite clears in each element, so I may as well wait for the banners to increment up again.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    ff7007 wrote: »
    I think I'm back in hording ticket mode. I'm 90% certain I have the tech I need to finish both magicite clears in each element, so I may as well wait for the banners to increment up again.

I know I don't. My fire magic and ice magic are non-existent. My wind and dark magic are borderline nonexistent. But it's easy to not hoard when you can still count the number of genuine hits across all realm/elemental tickets since their inception on one finger. And if I expanded it to useless or dupe AASBs, I'd have to include a whole three extra fingers.

Good thing I've been so lucky with the daily draw and my single 6* across (checks calendar) the last 14 months.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Hmmm... Daily hit a 1 star relic. Let's see if the ticket can turn this around...

3/11

Leo BSB
    Arc GSB+ (no this is not empowered infusion, this is imperil water+holy lv 2)
    Ceodore Awakening! First relic I get for the little guy but he doesn't have that much stuff in the shop yet. Still, I'm not complaining.

He's got a USB which gives him enHoly, and if you read the details of the awakening, it's pretty good.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Hey dog, I heard you like Awakening, so we put Awaken in your Awakening so you can massively boost your DPS for 3 turns.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    ff7007 wrote: »

I know I don't. My fire magic and ice magic are non-existent. My wind and dark magic are borderline nonexistent. But it's easy to not hoard when you can still count the number of genuine hits across all realm/elemental tickets since their inception on one finger. And if I expanded it to useless or dupe AASBs, I'd have to include a whole three extra fingers.

Good thing I've been so lucky with the daily draw and my single 6* across (checks calendar) the last 14 months.

My Earth and Lightning magics are almost nil, but I just looked through the relic list and the calculator says I have 12% and 10% chance respectively of getting something relevant on a ticket. Those odds (or at least, the odds of getting something relevant to some kind of content) should go up if I wait for a refresh, since AASBs and Syncs are getting added much faster, proportionally, than garbage is.

• Options
    Got magic effective Diabolos done today. Team is here. Minwu Sync, Yuna chain+AASB, Rem AOSB are the key bits. Way too many diffusions, I think I took four or maybe five in the winning run? Blech.

• Options
    I've lit my entire shopping budget on fire for charity and political donations, just got over feeling sick (and have RL concerns I don't feel like getting into) and just wanted to pull the fucking slot machine even though I know it's not a good idea. Did awakening select.

Kefka burst
    Dupe bartz burst
    Dupe Locke ultra
    Palin arcane

• Options
    Hmm I pulled Vincent's Fire chain finally. I think I might have to Shiva soon.
    Vincent AASB CSSB
    Bartz AASB/BSB/USB1+2
    Balthier AASB USB1+2
    Seph AASB AOSB
    Seifer AASB AOSB
    Squall AASB G+ Fire USB

Braska AASB
    Terra AASB

Looks like my best bet is Vincent/physical? and then maybe squall and seph? can't take more than one samurai. balth is good but not if vincent is hogging machnist.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2020
    There are two 6* fire samurai abilities, if you want

Honestly, I think magic might be easier since you have summoners, you can kill the walls in phase 2 (it's what I did). I had Vincent chain+AASB and Terra AASB, Ace no-aasb, Mustadio, plus healer. Braska and Balthier should be an upgrade over Ace and Musty

Not sure about phys, but I would try starting with Vincent, Squall, Sephiroth, Tyro, healer and see how that goes

Fry on
  • Options
    I actually haven't done any magic weak 6 stars. I suppose I could give it a try. I have Ace no aasb also!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀