As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Hmmmmm. Apparently Japan's latest report has that they're adding a boss to the mote dungeons that A.) drops random job motes, B.) drops 'trance' motes that can be exchanged for motes of your choice, and C.) All motes will be removed from the ruby shop, and D.) Any rubies that were spent on motes will be fully refunded.

That last part seems... uh... exploitable, but also risky to do so.

E: Apparently people in Japan is already emptying their rubies into motes after the announcement, so if they roll it back or change it, that would result in... some backlash.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I’m going to have to experiment to see if I can use Aria’s USB to completely ignore the flame pillars. 100% HP fire bubble is situationally bonkers, and I want to see just how much room I can make for myself.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I’m going to have to experiment to see if I can use Aria’s USB to completely ignore the flame pillars. 100% HP fire bubble is situationally bonkers, and I want to see just how much room I can make for myself.

You can't completely ignore them, the version of Hellfire for 4 pillars up is a party instant kill, no way around it. But if you have the bubble up, you can walk away from taking out two pillars in one turn, etc.

• Options
    I see, I see. Hmm.

Maybe the way to go will be to have Paine soften up a couple pillars while building meter initially, then having Elarra finish them off with Lunar Leviathan once the chain is active. The explosions are what inflict Pain, so that may be a good way for Elarra to get Pain, instead of Paine.

And if I can wangle a 1 or 2-Pillar strategy, that leaves more time for damage to be focused on Ifrit.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    This is a rather unfocused banner

• Options
    From those who have done it, on a scale of 1 to 10, how miserable is duplicating that 'poverty' Edge AASB/Tidus CSB Ifrit clear?

I'm really reluctant to try despite having better than that one I like posting all the time. Maybe Shiva coming out will get my ass in gear.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I mean not doing a poverty clear is miserable so

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Chose Kain, started trying Leviathan for real.

I could have SWORN I'd have enough DPS to do it the fast route, but I seem to be stalling pretty heavily. Bleh.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    killed another odin, water weak odin. that was terrifying and without elarra's aasb from the 100 mythril select i certainly wouldn't have been able to beat it, instant value heh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Gabranth glint+ in the daily, odd that he got one that gives 2 sb bars. I could use any additional power in ffxii though.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »
    Gabranth glint+ in the daily, odd that he got one that gives 2 sb bars. I could use any additional power in ffxii though.

They are giving those to a lot of the Chain holders.

• Options
    Gabranth chain + speed Ultra or Heavy Bubsy sounds like real good value.

• Options
    Ok so. Let me see if I understand this.

Steiner’s Awakening grants him one of those switch-draw modes that gives him an element aura based on the first skill he uses while Awoken. And every 2 attacks, it triggers Prepare To Charge, which... gives him an aura based on the attack used. And he has no access to Empowered Infusion via Glints.

So uh... how is this to be used? Is it meant to be used entirely for 6-stars, to deal with diffusion?

• Options
    Side note, I hate how half the dang info on every new soul break is nowhere to be found on the info segment for the soul break itself. Half the info is on the Help menu, organized by relic release date.

• Options

Steiner’s Awakening grants him one of those switch-draw modes that gives him an element aura based on the first skill he uses while Awoken. And every 2 attacks, it triggers Prepare To Charge, which... gives him an aura based on the attack used. And he has no access to Empowered Infusion via Glints.

So uh... how is this to be used? Is it meant to be used entirely for 6-stars, to deal with diffusion?

It gives him empowered infusion via switch-draw. Which means he builds up to fully empowered aura as he goes, which naturally powers him up regardless of the content, but is especially good when a boss diffuses.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Leviathan seems tankier than Ramuh :/

• Options
    Zorn and Thorn are octogenarians???

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Zorn and Thorn are octogenarians???

I was curious about that, and they're apparently 88 years old.
    https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Zorn_and_Thorn#cite_note-ffixulti27-0

Name of that fight in Japan is also "88 year old twins"

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular

He's actually pretty awesome for Leviathan and Valefor.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ohohoho!

Rolled the dice on the new banner, and got probably the thing I was most interested in; Quina’s Awakening!

Triggers instantly. ATK/MND 50% buff, Haste to the party, and physical attack speed up to the party. Awoken mode speeds up Support abilities, makes every support ability heal Quina for 1000 (cute?), and makes every third Support ability trigger two chases. The first gives everyone one turn of 100% crit and boosted crit Damage. The other drops a Water/Earth/Bio Overstrike on every enemy.

That’s a lot of extremely tasty stuff to slap onto an Entrust bot! To the point that I *might* actually experiment with Quina instead of Aria or Elarra for Ifrit. It would be amazing if that chase attack could kill the pillars while everyone else is focusing on the big guy. If not for Ifrit, then this should help out vs Ramuh, or physical teams in general.

Enlong on
  • Options
    As an exercise, I'm trying to work out in my head whether it'd be possible for Quina to survive four simultaneous pillar deathblows. Sort of, maybe? 4000 + 5200 + 6400 + 7600. If you have trance and last stand, I think they'd make it through, albeit at full pain stacks and low HP with no last stand. If you added a non-Aria bubble and some HP stock, you might be able to retain last stand OR have some HP left, depending on the exact amount of Quina's Max HP.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Hm. Good point. The pillars have 60,000 HP. I don’t know if Quina’s Overstrike chase will do a full 99,999 to them, but it did do that to Phoenix, so I’m thinking maybe. Possibly I could soften up two of them with Paine and Elarra, then have Kimahri kill two with his BSB, and finally have Quina drop a frog on the others.

Edit:

Oh! Oh! Quina’s BSB2 will be in the lens shop next time it gets updated! It does Esuna and Astra on the whole party. Meaning that if I do start using Quina, that could let Quina help out with the Berserk attack Ifrit does. If the MND buff from the Awakening doesn’t do the trick.

Edit:

So with Rank 5 Support abilities, Quina seems to have time to do the 3-action chases twice before the Awakening expires. The trick with this is going to be timing things so that someone gets maximum use out of Gold Frog. Ideally, an Awakening-bolstered Arcane would be the best thing to use with Gold Frog.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Chugging along nicely. Finished farming Magic Pots and Jumbo Cactuars yesterday while watching TV.

What are people spending coins on? Dark/Ice Crystals, per normal? I'm thinking of honing every 6* to R4 and seeing what crystals remain, then rounding off the numbers.

After that I should look at Transcendent Shadowsmith again, but life is chaos right now, and I've been dragging my feet on doing it because it's flatly unfun. I brought my Phy Earth team, which has two Awakenings, a Phy Gen 2 Chain, and Titan, and still ran out of gas, so this maybe be the first fest boss that's literally impossible to me, which is causing all sorts of despair and making me question all my life decisions. Maybe it's time to bust out Cloud Keeper, or watery Ninjas instead? Lack of Titan synergy is sad times though.

Still need to select an AASB, but I have no motivation to go throw myself against 6* Magicite to see where I need an edge to get me over the finish line. There's just too many more wonderful things to do than 6* Magicite. So I'll probably guess, pick something, and get it on the next LotRoP.

Basically everything is difficult and painful to try, because if I fail I wasted a giant amount of time I could have been doing a myriad of other activities.

That and FF7 Remake is out, so it's looking increasingly likely that eats up my limited free time. FFRK Hibernation seems a go.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Yes, spend your fest coins on Dark Crystals and Ice Crystals. More Dark, especially if you have all the current stuff to R4.

Nothing wrong with going down to just doing dailies and events, and banking mythril for the future. Nothing wrong with putting Transcendent garbage off to the future, I skipped Proto Omega last time because I didn't feel like it. No sense inflicting anguish on myself.

Fry on
  • Options
    Welp. Spent my three-pick on Tidus, and am working on outfitting him for Ifrit. Some things I learned while testing the team.

1: Tidus is absolutely ready for prime time on this one. Even with below-par hones, he was able to basically carry the team all the way into phase 3. Meaning that Kimahri will be free and clear to use his own Awakening at that point. And he skipped Berserk, yay.

2: popping multiple pillars is dangerous. Timing things right, Quina is able to pop 2 with the frog squash chase without dying (it even triggers trance, which is delicious), but Elarra can’t afford to do the same.

3: Kimahri’s BSB is just BARELY not enough damage to kill a pillar, which can be useful to soften them up for someone else. But again, not great when Elarra is prepping Lunar Leviathan (she died immediately).

4: always better to use an Enwater soul break on a pillar instead of Ifrit.

I’m gonna stick with a Quina team and have meter passed to Kimahri and Elarra. It seems like Tidus and Paine are fine on their own.

I really want to see what it looks like if I hit Ifrit with Tidus’s Arcane when Gold Frog is up.

• Options
    So. If someone has Last Stand an an unused Trance, and breaks theee flame pillars, and the second explosion triggers Last Stand? Yeah, the game says “no”, and you get hit a third time before Trance can activate and heal you.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    ikz02ii02qcq.jpg

I believe that's what we call "skin of the teeth". No reraise.

Could've done it one turn earlier (kain's awakening expired and I did a jump instead of OSB, and also I used prompto USB earlier in the fight when I could have used his Awakening to build chain more).

Now to crank out the rest. Then on to deciding if I want to do Ifrit physical or magical.

E: and then I die with a sliver of health left the next time. Booooo.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh. So that's the thing about Ifrit. First attempt in a while. Berserk was easy to manipulate, the tough part was back to back 10k hits. First one ate thru my last stand so I couldn't tank the second one. Hmmm.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Whew. Got one lv 99 Leviathan.

I think this one's gonna be two QC inherited. Then another lv 99 for two water.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Crap, I need to make my selects.

This fest was wierd and frustrating even though I'm ultimately coming out of it at a good power level. My plan was to pull on banner 1 for magic water stuff, since I needed another strong water relic and I really wanted it to be magical because Rydia is my strongest water user and also favorite character. If that failed I could get Meia AASB from the 100 mythril select (although as time went on I worried more and more that not taking Elarra would be a mistake).

Banner 1 was a disaster. My first two pulls were Quistis AOSB and OK LMR (the latter of which is okay since I have his AASB, but it still needed to be paired with something else to help against Ifrit). Later I pulled two more times for Noel LMR, a dupe OK LMR, and a dupe Quistis AOSB. In retrospect this banner was a poor gamble, but with luck that bad it doesn't matter what the banner is.

I REALLY felt like I couldn't leave this fest without an Ifrit team, but I had also whipped myself into a panic over Elarra AASB, so I rage-pulled on the core realm banner five or six times. Mercifully I actually hit it.

Then I got Tidus AASB from my last gift ticket, which is simultaneously exactly what I needed and kind of exactly what I didn't want (since it forces me to bench Rydia). If nothing else it left my plans in shambles.

The bundle select pretty much has to be Shantotto. It was going to be Terra but I got her in the devotion ticket draws. It could have been Tidus but I got him now too. My lightning team would be a terror with her, and both of Sephiroth's other relics are dupes. I can probably do without Cloud.

The other select, though...I have no idea.

I could say fuck the world and take Meia anyway, but that's probably stupid.

I think people have killed Titan and Ramuh with things I have (although Ramuh might be a close call). I guess I could take Maria AASB and pivot to a magical Earth team with Rydia, but that's probably stupid too (and a waste of a good Tifa).

My lightning team is pretty much maxed out with Shantotto on board. Same for fire thanks to Terra.

I think ice is probably good enough? Celes everything but chain, Noel AASB/BSB, Serah/Snow/Fran as chain options...only so much room for improvement here short of somehow getting Laguna chain.

Sephiroth AASB is probably the strongest individual relic given that I have his USB2/AOSB/endark LMR, but I don't have a gen 2 dark chain, which might render the whole affair a waste of time. Plus my other AASB options are Orlandeau (useless for magicites) and Seifer (passable, but a little lackluster due to how soft the rest of his options tend to be...even against just Lakshmi his performance left something to be desired). Plus it's hard to care that much about my dark team with how the magicites are arranged.

Holy...I don't know, I think I'm more than one relic away from a holy team. I have Edward chain, but my AASB options are Orlandeau again (useless), Rydia (still no aura) and Celes (who can technically get enholy but it's an ordeal and probably not going to cut it). So Rem and Agrias are both options, but probably worse ones than Sephiroth, even with the chain issue.

I guess I'm leaning towards Sephiroth, but I don't feel great about it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Bounty on Syldra this week.

• Options
    In celebration of beating Leviathan I did a water ticket draw. Dupe rydia OSB.

Whelp!

• Options
    So which of these seems better suited to Ifrit?
    physical:
    Paine (CSB, enWater LMR, (another LMR I wouldn't use), QC USB, bUSB)
    Rikku (Sync, G+, empowered glint, imperil BSB, enWater BSB, USB1)
    Yuffie (awakening, USB1, USB2, enWater burst, imperil burst, 2 pblink glint, pblink LMR)
    Bartz as a potential tag-in
    Aerith for healing, since I've got awakening and G+
    Tyro with awakening, albeit no usb4

Magical:
    Strago (chain, enWater BSB, wcast LMR, that bonkers LM2)
    Quistis (awakening, AOSB, wcast LMR, both SSB technically)
    Meia (awakening, OSB, enWater LMR)
    Gogo (enWater burst, enWater/haste/last stand USB, awakening)

Lensable: rikku imperil USB, strago OSB (no USB?), Meia enWater burst, gogo water with rod lmr

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Jragghen wrote: »
    physical:
    Yuffie (awakening, USB1, USB2, enWater burst, imperil burst, 2 pblink glint, pblink LMR)

Magical:

Lensable: rikku imperil USB, strago OSB (no USB?), Meia enWater burst, gogo water with rod lmr

Physical looks pretty set with Paine/Rikku/Yuffie/Aerith/Tyro. Don't forget that Tyro can save meter by using his regular Wall instead of DVG (and you only need it by turn 5), so you can RW a medica instead and get a 1 bar advantage at the start.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    physical:

Magical:

Physical looks pretty set with Paine/Rikku/Yuffie/Aerith/Tyro. Don't forget that Tyro can save meter by using his regular Wall instead of DVG (and you only need it by turn 5), so you can RW a medica instead and get a 1 bar advantage at the start.

I mean that's what I've been trying for weeks and I just hate this game more and more.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Either would probably work. I'll note that I did two healer instead of figuring out how to do Tyro. Aria USB is the light, if you have it or want to get it with lenses.

Paine, Rikku, Yuffie, Aeris; Tyro/Aria/Elarra for last slot

Strago, Meia, Gogo V; +2 healers

• Options
    I actually do have Aria USB, so that's also an option. :)

2 more Leviathans to go for 8, then I guess I start on Ifrit.

• Options
    So gave Shadowsmith a whirl again with basically my last fest team (Proto Omega, I think?).

Edge/Bartz/Rikku/Tyro/Elarra

Edge does so much damage, it's crazy. Lack of EnWater is his only weak point.

AASBs ran out about halfway through Shadowsmith's 2nd HP bar, but Imperils/Chain count were good at that point and AOSBs plus abilities were able to clean up. Phew!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Took care of all the remaining fest battles, including the both versions of the Dire fight. Took down the Fell version with Lightning's SASB/AASB combo, though the run was almost thrown off when she took an 11k hit to the face without Last Stand.

Decided to grab an AASB from the Dream Select and took Ashe's, because I still need to beat down D??? Zodiark and she's got a good spot on my magic lightning team.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Hm. Maybe I should try Aria again for Ifrit. If she's around to use Warrior's Hymn, then Elarra can help safely burn down the flame pillars with Lunar Leviathan (they don't counter with Flare when a Summon is used, but they will do their Painflare parting shot). It will almost certainly mean less meter for her than I can do with Quina, but it'll also mean less pillar-based damage splashes onto Paine. Might still be a speed issue, but that's gonna be the case with physical teams. What really worries me is the Berserk. Even when I use Quina (who provides a 50% MND buff), the berserk time is still noticeable even on Elarra. And I don't have time to use Goddess's Paean. Maybe Passionate Salsa?

Enlong on