As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best Supervillain [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Doctor Doom. Refuses to beg for your vote.
    TORONTO -- Ontario has ordered all non-essential businesses to shut down in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Premier Doug Ford made the announcement Monday afternoon about a week after declaring a state of emergency in the province.

The order will come into effect on March 24 at midnight and will remain in place for at least two weeks.

Guess im out of a job?

I assume?

Probably? Lot's stuff depends on your company and how they handle this (furlough verse paid leave verse government picking up the tab).

My friend who works at Marriott is on furlough and she is corporate.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Alyx update: My rig is not beefy enough to run it and stream it at the same time. Unsure of which component of my stream stuff is causing it, I briefly switched off the stream to test and it was still slideshowing. I suspect it might be the overlay I'm using to see twitch chat, I've caught it gobbling CPU when minimized a few times. Might science at it later, currently I am resting my arms from having done some beat saber to verify that it was an Alyx problem and not all games.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    I can't quite read it, but does the fortune cookie say something ironic?

Nah... "A beautiful, smart, and loving person will be coming into your life".

You can see the keys on the top left are just melted to shit though :):)

Wow, how often do fortune cookies predict Tech Support calls?

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    My whiskey came in. Going to pick it up tonight. Woo.

What did you get

@Evil Multifarious my friend got me a bottle of this.

Monkey-Shoulder-Scotch-Whisky-750ml-in-DC.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Tumin wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Went shopping yesterday, store was completely out of sugar.

What the hell are people stocking up on sugar for? I mean like flour, ok, I mean I know y'all motherfuckers aren't gonna be baking any bread but you can lie to yourselves.

The fuck you gonna do with 10 lubs of sugar? Is your plan to avoid the apocalypse by slipping into a diabetic coma?

it's frustrating because I baked before and now I can't get any ingredients! why would you panic buy something you don't even use?! or know how to use?

is this aspirational prepping?

I'm actually thinking I should try making bread for the first time in my life.

I'll see if there's any flour at the stores tomorrow. And baking powder? I don't even know what I need.

Do it. If you wanna do a simple yeast bread (whatever the shape and crustiness) , you need flour, water, yeast, and some salt. That's it.

If you want a richer dough you can add eggs, sugar, or more fat to get cakier texture. Egg especially compensates for mistakes, challah is quite forgiving and easy.

no. knead. bread.

its so easy. And so good. and literally foolproof.

Challenge accepted.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Magneto. Has a point, let's be honest here.
    P10 wrote: »
    since when do rocks give 8 drops a day
    mine give 3, just like trees

Historical quirk, possibly an unintended mechanic from the original, but rocks will pay out until all adjacent tiles are filled if you hit them rapidfire as described in my post. It's like the item payout counter takes a certain number of frames to increment after being hit and rapid strikes reset it.

It's intentional for sure in this game though because there's a nook miles achievement for doing it.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I vote for Doomworld.

doompanthergod7.jpg?w=584

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    if you think animal crossing doesn't have hardcore esoterica and ridiculous try hard strats, you are very wrong. under the slack key guitar soundtrack is the beating heart of an economics simulation, yearning to be broken.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Lex Luthor. Fooled by a pair of glasses.
    if you think animal crossing doesn't have hardcore esoterica and ridiculous try hard strats, you are very wrong. under the slack key guitar soundtrack is the beating heart of an economics simulation, yearning to be broken.

Look at this date scummer, talking about his fake island lifestyle.

Buy the moon lump DK.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    pmylbgzalfmv.png

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    pmylbgzalfmv.png
    Umm, I was always Day 14. Always.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I like to call it the COVID 19lbs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    My whiskey came in. Going to pick it up tonight. Woo.

What did you get

@Evil Multifarious my friend got me a bottle of this.

Monkey-Shoulder-Scotch-Whisky-750ml-in-DC.jpg

Had a bottle of that not so long ago.

Pretty decent for the price point, drank it a little faster than I intended but it was good.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I am so anxious that I am losing weight. Also I can't binge eat a bunch of delivery food easily so good job pandemic.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I like to call it the COVID 19lbs.

I ate a million pieces of bacon last night and had bad acid reflux

I need to slow my roll(s of fat that are no doubt accumulating)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Found a hell of a deal on this whiskey called Rebel Yell.

$13 a bottle, and drinks well above its price tag.

Bought the last two bottles on the shelf at the store yesterday. I'm not shy about hoarding non-essentials, and I'll need it if this shit is going to stretch on for a long time.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    I also relapsed into binge drinking for the first time in over a year. Felt really ashamed that it happened and haven't had a drink since then but ugh I have to really watch my stress levels and be careful.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    this is bullshit and i am voting to expel dk from the animal crossing speedrunning community for being a hacker and probably a witch

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I also relapsed into binge drinking for the first time in over a year. Felt really ashamed that it happened and haven't had a drink since then but ugh I have to really watch my stress levels and be careful.

:heartbeat:

it's hard

sig.gif
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Went shopping yesterday, store was completely out of sugar.

What the hell are people stocking up on sugar for? I mean like flour, ok, I mean I know y'all motherfuckers aren't gonna be baking any bread but you can lie to yourselves.

The fuck you gonna do with 10 lubs of sugar? Is your plan to avoid the apocalypse by slipping into a diabetic coma?

it's frustrating because I baked before and now I can't get any ingredients! why would you panic buy something you don't even use?! or know how to use?

is this aspirational prepping?

As crazy as this seems I'm setting up an area in my basement to store canned and boxed goods (also paper products) and will be cycling through them once every year or every two years or so as they expire.

It sucks I can't get a box of fucking pasta, some sauce, and toilet paper. If I have to eat canned tomato sauce and dump in half a cup of garlic powder, so I can actually have a meal so be it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

:heartbeat:

it's hard
    Thanks!! <3

I completely reversed all my blood panel problems by giving up drinking then covid happened lol.

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

Look at this date scummer, talking about his fake island lifestyle.

Buy the moon lump DK.

I have never and will never date scum. If I had a set of dueling gloves I would slap you with one.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm going to buy one of those industrial boxes of toilet paper and paper towels, they aren't the best but I will be able to barter with people to buy me food by giving them a roll of TP.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    animal crossing should detect date scumming and send resetti to fuck you up

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    ok I'm going to try to do actual work for a little while

how did that go?

m6cyqt78kpqa.png

krkyv5y6bv8w.png

I've seen worse.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    it's me the person who doesn't understand how health insurance works and just did the easy thing and is probably paying like ten times as much as I should be for a while hi hello

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Agrawesome.

• Options
    writing resetti's dialogue must have been great

"so this is a game for children"
    "yes"
    "and everyone is unfailingly friendly and charming"
    "yes"
    "but you want this character to scream threats at the children"
    "children who try to cheat the game, yes"
    "can he threaten to kill the player?"
    "hmm, he can't say that and keep an E rating, but try to give the impression that he would very much like to"
    "what about pretending to delete the save game? that would probably make the kids cry"
    "I love it"

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    So. Today is my BD.
    All I have is cheesecake.
    And a slowly dying AV receiver.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @Ilpala sorry, I had just researched conquistadors and well

it was time to do some conquistadoring

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »
    So. Today is my BD.
    All I have is cheesecake.
    And a slowly dying AV receiver.

Happy birthday.

A lot of us were born in the last few days.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I accidentally binge drank on saturday night because I made a blender drink and incorrectly converted shots to ounces. it was a bad time.

I am glad it's such a bad time for me. It provides a very good backstop against bad behavior.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »
    Found a hell of a deal on this whiskey called Rebel Yell.

$13 a bottle, and drinks well above its price tag.

Bought the last two bottles on the shelf at the store yesterday. I'm not shy about hoarding non-essentials, and I'll need it if this shit is going to stretch on for a long time.

You want more, more, more?

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    imagine looking online instead of solving the mystery of the mole cricket yourself smh
    You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    is the "mystery of the mole cricket" that bug I keep hearing but can't find?

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Ilpala sorry, I had just researched conquistadors and well

it was time to do some conquistadoring

Sorry?

uy7lvbg6yhiy.jpg

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I learned the hole digging trick on my own because in Animal Crossing Wild World, every day one of your rocks would pay out bags of money when you hit it. one of my rocks was near a tree and I noticed I could get a few more bags out of it if I put my back to the tree, to reduce recoil, because it seemed like the payout continued for a time after the first strike, not for a set quantity.

The hole pattern was the easiest way to make sure I couldn't get knocked away, and you can dig it anywhere.

Just tried it in New Horizons to see and it worked.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I got stranded on animal crossing island and had to hunt my cute friends for food

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Well that didnt take long, outlets are now spoiling the ending of HL:Alyx

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    HL3 confirmed??

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
This discussion has been closed.