As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Tigerian

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Tigerian

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Why has this documentary of a trainwreck become such a phenomenon?

Edit: I figured out why Dog couldn't format the OP for the other comic thread (March 25th) correctly. This time I paged back and then forward before posting, so the url was for the specific comic, whereas the last time it was just on the "/comic" latest update url.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    The show is basically proof that when the History channel stopped having history shows during prime time they actual made the right call.

Edits: I have not seen the show yet myself despite hearing about it at work and on the radio. (I actually found out about it online last)

MaximumSquid on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I found the dialog very hard to follow in this comic. Especially that last Gabe bit.

My best guess is that he's saying he wants to take up the lifestyle portrayed in the show, but I'm not really sure.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I found the dialog very hard to follow in this comic. Especially that last Gabe bit.

My best guess is that he's saying he wants to take up the lifestyle portrayed in the show, but I'm not really sure.

There's an old quote, "there, but for the grace of God, go I". Basically a way of sympathizing with the less fortunate by realizing that if your life had been a little different, you could be in the same situation.

• Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Lucascraft wrote: »

There's a somewhat common expression, "There but for the grace of God go I" -- i.e. I have everything in myself to be a wanton degenerate if not prevented by the grace of God. In this case, grace is swapped with narcissism, meth addiction, and a preference for tigers.

twmjr on
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I'm just surprised that the world is talking about something that isn't related to COVID-19.

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    That 2nd panel Tycho, indulging in a known quirk.
    dmsmr9rwwmtd.png
    Also, sans pantalones.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    At first glance, I was wondering why his pants were so fuzzy.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    "Bad things keep happening to bad people" is how I felt about whichever Fyrefest documentary I watched; it does seem like that was the reason that those docs (and this one) were popular. You meet a bunch of people you hate (in the FF case, you get to hate both the organizers/scammers and the rich idiots trying to attend), and then they get punished by their own dumb actions and you don't have to feel bad about any of it, unlike documentaries about tragedies or personal triumph or whatever.

• Options
    WanderingSailorWanderingSailor Registered User regular
    Today's comic and its subject were enough to make me sign up, though I'll probably never post again. This is one of those shows which makes you want - even need - to take a shower afterwards.
    Travis' death was downright horrific.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Just noticed the windows of birds Tycho has open.
    e: Ah, someone already mentioned that. That's what I get for just scrolling to the bottom I guess.

cB557 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Just noticed the windows of birds Tycho has open.
    e: Ah, someone already mentioned that. That's what I get for just scrolling to the bottom I guess.

:winky:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    The exchange in that first panel was very funny.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    I still think there should be more light on his buttocks.

• Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    57fzrfzlkd7y.jpg

The banner is killing it right now

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Johnny17 wrote: »
    I still think there should be more light on his buttocks.

It was much more obvious on the drawing stream (before he colored it).

z018w5lqux8i.png