As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    April after April I keep being shocked that Edwin never gets HoF'd or nerfed.

VanCleef ebbs and flows with the meta. He is good right now because Rogue has an abundance of low cost cards to chain with him (Lackeys). But there have definitely been times in the past where VanCleef didn't really see play.
    Also I should have responded to this in my original reply, but this applies to like half of the cards that have been HoF'd. Other than the first rotation, which mainly focused on the generally too good and auto-include cards like Azure Drake, Rag, and Sylvanas, most of the rotated cards tend to be things that fit into one archetype and didn't necessarily dominate the meta.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    edwin's just a Big Dude

why don't we nerf Gruul while we're at it

gruul doesn't cost 3 mana

most of the time neither does edwin though, technically

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edwin's just a Big Dude

I think I don't understand?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    In order for Edwin to be big you gotta cast spells. If only rogue had access to numerous zero cost cards

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    edwin's just a Big Dude

I think I don't understand?

edwin's cost is 3+X, where X is equal to the total mana amount of other cards you played that turn

so it's not actually 3, because you're paying the mana cost of the other cards to activate his effect.

....unless you're doing something like backstab+coin+shadowstep, then, well, yeah. it is.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I would like some help with a deck from you kind and skilled folks. This is not a good deck, but I would like it to be a fun deck.
    ### Fats Waller
    # Class: Druid
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Phoenix
    #
    # 2x (0) Innervate
    # 2x (0) Moonfire
    # 2x (1) Crystal Power
    # 2x (1) Strength in Numbers
    # 2x (2) Rising Winds
    # 2x (2) Wrath
    # 2x (3) Imprisoned Satyr
    # 1x (3) Wild Growth
    # 1x (4) Germination
    # 2x (4) Overgrowth
    # 2x (4) Swipe
    # 2x (6) Emerald Explorer
    # 1x (7) Kael'thas Sunstrider
    # 2x (7) Marsh Hydra
    # 2x (7) Overflow
    # 2x (7) Winged Guardian
    # 1x (9) Malygos
    #
    AAECAZICBLQD5AiuugPmugMNQP4B0wPEBrmUA9ulA/2tA96vA/m1A/+1A+S6A+i6A+26AwA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Here is the idea: ramp, draw a lot of cards, play big minions for cheap, and either win that way or finish them off with Malygos. The main problem I'm running into is that I've gone through a few iterations and none of them quite work. I have tried a dedicated spell list with only Kael and Malygos, essentially spell druid but with a double Maly finisher. This list is more geared towards the big minions while still have a lot of spells but feels like it's trying to do too much.

In addition to just being a jank deck, it has a seriously bad matchup against Hunter. It's surprisingly ok against DH, but it's a bit of a crapshoot depending on what they draw.

Anyway, if you've got ideas, I'd love to hear them!

I'd suggest working toward a more dragon heavy list; Breath of Dreams, Frizz, and some of the fat dragon taunts like Emerald Explorer and Evasive Drakonid as well as the ramp payoffs like Ironbark and Bogbeam. If you have the large bodies then Alex will also probably serve as a better finisher than Malygos as well.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I can't make elemental shaman work. Elemental cards lack the oomph they once had.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I can't make elemental shaman work. Elemental cards lack the oomph they once had.

i'm not sure they ever had one to begin with, tbh

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Arguments for HoFing Edwin are just arguments for having a rotating classic set

Which, hey. I think the classic set should rotate out. But there's no more reason to rotate Edwin than there is to rotate Grom, Alexstrasza, or like, Backstab and Fireball.

He'll go back to being average again once lackeys rotate. It's fine that he's good because rogue has a lot of lackeys.

Besides, all these situations y'all are talking about where it's like "yeah man he's huge early on with all your 0 cost spells!!!" is like, well great, you spent your hand making a big Edwin. You are literally all in on a pile of stats. Good luck!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Whenever I have a giant Edwin I’ve already won the game.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options

*laughs in SW:D*

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    If my eddy is chubby then i'm happy.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

My takes before I play with the new heroes

Rabid Saurolisk is interesting and the wolf was bad and boring anyway, so let's see how good it will be.

Vashj is prob bad. It's a free reroll with an upside but I can't imagine that its better than the 0 gold reroll dragon over the whole game.

Maiev is weird. Sure, buying a minion for 1 gold is good and getting +1/+1 is good. But waiting 2 turns is tough. That really needs to be played to see how strong it is.

Kaelthas seems super strong.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

*laughs in SW:D*

Sure, but what I was saying is that if I toss out a 12/12 then I am probably in a commanding position and know what my opponent has to ensure Edwin is safe.

I don’t really keep Edwin unless I’ve got the coin or a few cheap somethings. Galakrond Rogue doesn’t generally function that way and with all the DHs I’m seeing, I’m perfectly happy to Coin+Edwin or 1-drop + Edwin to get something on the board. Yeah of course I’ll Backstab Backstab Coin Edwin on turn two but that’s the nuts. And it’s entirely dependent on who I’m playing against.

When Edwin hits, I’ve probably already played Toggwaggle or Galakrond and drawn a bunch of free cards and I’m in control of the game such that I am comfortable putting a giant monster on the board because the opponent’s already wasted resources on other things.

And, for me at least, Priest is an awful matchup. They have an answer for everything. A turn 2 8/8 Edwin is terrible because of SWD as you said, and then I’m stuck with two cards in hand. So you’re totally right, but it’s not a play I’d immediately make in an already bad matchup for me.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    The zephrys changes are much needed. I've been screaming for silence effects too many times with no luck. In other news I've hit my skill ceiling in platinum 4-3 ranks. Cannot seem to push into diamond and I refuse to play demon hunter.

envoy1 on
  • Options
    We're 4 weeks into GM? I didn't even know the 2020 season had started.

• Options
    Casual 5/9 and 9/9 turn 5.

gasosm8bnlvd.png

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    6-0 in arena with priest and I run into a warlock with 3x scrap imp, zephrys and siamat

ok then

• Options

Uhhhh holy shit! Holy shit. I remember this being a big fuckin' deal for me that I couldn't actually get her, so...

When you login, go to the Shop, and she'll be right there with a giant "Free" button.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Whoo time to collect our welfare heroes!

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i went to 5 actual physical fireside gathering events before it decided to go oh ok yeah you've unlocked nemsy

• Options
    Hearthstone_2020-05-11-10-48-47.png?width=1083&height=609

how to lose the video game from turn fucking one

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Plot Twist: Dibby won when his Puzzle Box unleashed 3 face pyros.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    forty wrote: »
    Plot Twist: Dibby won when his Puzzle Box unleashed 3 face pyros.

no that's a warlock card

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Which Dibby's Puzzle Box also played!

• Options
    4 gig mobile patch i don't even...

HOW MUCH SHAME MUST THESE UPDATE CODERS FEEL?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    The patch notes warned to expect a big patch because they basically remade the game engine or some such thing.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    But most of the data is assets!

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I have seen the new Beast but haven't been offered or seen the new heroes. What's up with that, I thought they'd be live right away?

• Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    4 gig mobile patch i don't even...

HOW MUCH SHAME MUST THESE UPDATE CODERS FEEL?
    ff7007 wrote: »
    The patch notes warned to expect a big patch because they basically remade the game engine or some such thing.
    bwanie wrote: »
    But most of the data is assets!

This is the price we pay for asking for deck reordering

It also broke basically every addon

THIS IS THE PRICE WE PAY FOR ASKING FOR SOMETHING

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    This is why you shouldn't make games you intend to update continuously in Unity!

• Options
    So is the general wisdom that, unless you are playing Priest, control decks are kinda bad? I was jamming away with highlander druid and it just did not line up well with any strong control deck. I was able to eek out ~50% winrate against Priests, but every game was a struggle that I had to play as close to perfect as I could get. And maybe highlander druid is kinda mediocre, in which case, what other control decks should I consider besides Priest? The game seems very aggro and midranged focused right now.

Quick note, I don't really consider the Galakrond decks control, if others do. Again, except Priest, they all seem like tempo decks.

• Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    ff7007 wrote: »
    You mean broke the game engine. On mobile, battlegrounds now start lagging halfway into the game for me. By the end, the animations are so choppy I miss the last recruit phases and end 2nd or 3rd at best.

• Options
    I'm glad I resisted the temptation to craft Teron a couple weeks ago, as he seems to be falling out of favor.

• Options
    So is the general wisdom that, unless you are playing Priest, control decks are kinda bad? I was jamming away with highlander druid and it just did not line up well with any strong control deck. I was able to eek out ~50% winrate against Priests, but every game was a struggle that I had to play as close to perfect as I could get. And maybe highlander druid is kinda mediocre, in which case, what other control decks should I consider besides Priest? The game seems very aggro and midranged focused right now.

Quick note, I don't really consider the Galakrond decks control, if others do. Again, except Priest, they all seem like tempo decks.

Largely yes. The slowest non-Priest decks are Reno Hunter/Mage/Rogue and Galakrond Rogue/Warlock/Shaman. Galakrond Warlock and Reno Mage are the slowest of that lot, the rest are either midrange or on the border between midrange and control.

Tournament meta is usually pretty control heavy, but even those are fairly aggressive right now. A pretty typical lineup for GM is something like Token Spell Druid, Face/Reno Hunter, Galakrond Shaman, and Murloc Paladin. Which is pretty interesting in how different that is from what people are playing on ladder.

• Options
    Brawl this week is Battle of the Bans, the one where you make a deck from 4 cards, your opponent gets to ban 1 at the start of the game.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Demon Hunter with Twin Strike, Battlefiend, Summon 2/2 Goat Demons, and the 2/2 Lifesteal weapon.

• Options
    I did mine with Jade Idol, Oaken Summons, Archmage Vargoth and Naturalize.

• Options
    Um, Jade Idol doesn't show up for me. Looks like it's banned.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I did mine with Jade Idol, Oaken Summons, Archmage Vargoth and Naturalize.

Nice one @Yilias. Way to ruin it for everyone else. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page