As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Demon Hunter with Twin Strike, Battlefiend, Summon 2/2 Goat Demons, and the 2/2 Lifesteal weapon.

I did mine with Demon Hunter with battlefiend, goat demons guy, outcast 2/1 guy, and one day I’ll be a real knight. Fuck, I don’t even know any card names anymore.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I did DH with Twin Slice, Battlefiend, Sigil Runner, Altruis.

I think I played against a baby seal. He banned Battlefiend. He was a hunter running Jeweled Macaw, Crackling Razormaw, Dire Frenzy, and ????. I banned Razormaw.

I was on the coin, his turn 1 was a pass. My turn 1 was Outcast Sigil Runner.
    His turn 2 was hero power. My turn 2 was 2 Outcast Sigil Runners.
    He conceded turn 3 having done nothing but one hero power.

Thanks for the pack!

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    ran into a guy running double reduce mech minions cost, zillix and snip snap.

you cannot outtempo that!

i did went 4-0 with my demon hunter before that (satyr, fiend, twin slice and the + 2 dmg draw a card one)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    ran into a guy running double reduce mech minions cost, zillix and snip snap.

you cannot outtempo that!

i did went 4-0 with my demon hunter before that (satyr, fiend, twin slice and the + 2 dmg draw a card one)
    I went with demon hunter for my pack, but that’s probably the way to go honestly.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    So is the general wisdom that, unless you are playing Priest, control decks are kinda bad? I was jamming away with highlander druid and it just did not line up well with any strong control deck. I was able to eek out ~50% winrate against Priests, but every game was a struggle that I had to play as close to perfect as I could get. And maybe highlander druid is kinda mediocre, in which case, what other control decks should I consider besides Priest? The game seems very aggro and midranged focused right now.

Quick note, I don't really consider the Galakrond decks control, if others do. Again, except Priest, they all seem like tempo decks.

Largely yes. The slowest non-Priest decks are Reno Hunter/Mage/Rogue and Galakrond Rogue/Warlock/Shaman. Galakrond Warlock and Reno Mage are the slowest of that lot, the rest are either midrange or on the border between midrange and control.

Tournament meta is usually pretty control heavy, but even those are fairly aggressive right now. A pretty typical lineup for GM is something like Token Spell Druid, Face/Reno Hunter, Galakrond Shaman, and Murloc Paladin. Which is pretty interesting in how different that is from what people are playing on ladder.

Hm, that’s interesting that the other galakrond decks are considered control decks. They operate pretty differently from most traditional control decks. GRogue becomes much more proactive in the mid game. And GWarlock can get a lot of stuff on the board quickly. I see people playing it almost like aggro sometimes. Maybe that’s wrong. But it’s seemed effective.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a GShaman.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    All cards are legal so you can have fun with tunnel trogg, totem golem, jade claws, and jade lightning. For some reason people kept banning lightning but I feel like that's way too slow and claws or trogg were the much better bans

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I did DH with Twin Slice, Battlefiend, Sigil Runner, Altruis.

I think I played against a baby seal. He banned Battlefiend. He was a hunter running Jeweled Macaw, Crackling Razormaw, Dire Frenzy, and ????. I banned Razormaw.

I was on the coin, his turn 1 was a pass. My turn 1 was Outcast Sigil Runner.
    His turn 2 was hero power. My turn 2 was 2 Outcast Sigil Runners.
    He conceded turn 3 having done nothing but one hero power.

Thanks for the pack!

My opponent had Pharaoh Cat, Edwin, Pogo Hopper, and ???

I banned Pogo. The mystery card turned out to be Togwaggle's Scheme.

Thanks for the pack!!!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    My brawl deck is

ShadowJeweler Hanar
    Blackjack Stunner
    Cheat Death
    Bamboozle

Its very fun

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    My go to brawl build for this format has been
    Power Word: Glory
    Seance
    Shadow Vision
    Mogu Cultist

Power Word Glory is the real f*ck you card as I just let them fill their board and just make all their minions heal me and run the game into fatigue. Seance allows you to get anything useful from their board and if you need extra healing just before the end when fatigue you just drop a minion and use power word glory.

If you get to keep Mogu Cultist then you just wait until you have 7 in hand or 6 and a Seance and 10 mana and you play 7 in one turn.

I have never had Power Word Glory be the card removed.

You're already being an asshole with this deck so please don't rope on top of it.

• Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    I've been having a lot of luck with a new build of Galakrond Priest. Basically I was sad every game when I didn't start with Disciple in my opening hand, so I decided to really lean into that:

2x Disciple of Galakrond
    2x Psychic Conjurer
    2x Renew
    1x Reliquary of Souls
    2x Envoy of Lazul
    2x Thoughtsteal
    2x Penance
    2x Shadow Word: Death
    2x Breath of the Infinite
    1x Madame Lazul
    2x Holy Nova
    2x Fate Weaver
    2x Shield of Galakrond
    2x Time Rip
    1x Soul Mirror
    1x Priest Galakrond
    2x Plague of Death

Basically I cut everything expensive except for the board wipes. It turns out all the cheap steal/copy stuff dudes give you a board presence early, and provide enough fuel to out lategame control decks and enough presence to make it to lategame vs. aggro decks. The really nice thing about all the steal/copy stuff is that vs. aggro it gives you cheap cards so you can keep up with their tempo, and vs. control it gives you big bomby things to keep up with their bomby stuff.

I have not missed Kronx yet in a game, maybe that's a mistake, but I've felt more than fine without him so far.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Handkor wrote: »
    Seance
    Shadow Vision
    Mogu Cultist

Power Word Glory is the real f*ck you card as I just let them fill their board and just make all their minions heal me and run the game into fatigue. Seance allows you to get anything useful from their board and if you need extra healing just before the end when fatigue you just drop a minion and use power word glory.

If you get to keep Mogu Cultist then you just wait until you have 7 in hand or 6 and a Seance and 10 mana and you play 7 in one turn.

You're already being an asshole with this deck so please don't rope on top of it.
    Why is no one banning Glory? That seems like the obvious ban, here, although 1 in 4 times I guess it's going to be hidden. Still, if I saw the other 3 cards alone I wouldn't be worried at all and I'd just ban the mystery card assuming it was some sort of sustainment plan for surviving to a hand full of Cultists.

Any of the aggressive decks (which most people seem to play in these brawls) should be able to ban Glory and just run this over. Does it work against other slow decks?

forty on
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I think Maiev needs to not count the dormant minion as part of the buyable minions. Because she makes rolling worse and plays like a bad yogg.

• Options
    Also I think SR gains/losses in BG should be scaled according to relative power level of the hero (average result of that hero at that SR level).

It would give some incentive to playing a more varied set of heroes rather than the same heroes over and over.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    This highlander druid I found absolutely dumpsters rogues. I don’t stat tracker but every match against them is such a breeze. And since they’re about 1/3 of what I see I’m having a pretty ok time of things.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    sanstodo wrote: »
    I think Maiev needs to not count the dormant minion as part of the buyable minions. Because she makes rolling worse and plays like a bad yogg.

i was under the impression it either would go into hand as a dormant minion or vanish from the board and you'd just get it 2 turns later

are you telling me

that it stays on the board

and prevents you from rerolling

???

that's. not good!!

edit: or does it let you reroll and just permanently occupies a minion slot instead? that's also crummy!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I assumed it would just work like all Dormant minions and stay on the board but not count against the 3/4/5/6 minion limit. Wow she seems pretty bad hearing that it doesn't work that way.

Edit:
    Dibby wrote: »
    edit: or does it let you reroll and just permanently occupies a minion slot instead? that's also crummy!
    This. If you couldn't reroll at all she would literally be the worst BG hero ever.

forty on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It takes up a minion slot and blocks that slot from being rerolled. She is seriously absolute trash tier.

• Options
    Do they have absolutely no one on the team above 5k in BGs who could have told them that? How could they not see how bad that is?

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Do they have absolutely no one on the team above 5k in BGs who could have told them that? How could they not see how bad that is?

We're talking about the same team that had Whizbang occupy one of the set's Neutral Legendary Slots despite not actually being a legendary minion you put in your deck.

We're talking about the same team full of Johnnies that print awful fucking cards like an 8 mana 12/12 Can't Attack Heroes because they "tell a story".

WE'RE TALKING. ABOUT THE SAME TEAM. THAT DIDN'T PLAYTEST SKULL OF GUL'DAN IN AGGRO DH DECKS.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

We're talking about the same team that had Whizbang occupy one of the set's Neutral Legendary Slots despite not actually being a legendary minion you put in your deck.

We're talking about the same team full of Johnnies that print awful fucking cards like an 8 mana 12/12 Can't Attack Heroes because they "tell a story".

WE'RE TALKING. ABOUT THE SAME TEAM. THAT DIDN'T PLAYTEST SKULL OF GUL'DAN IN AGGRO DH DECKS.
    Yeah but that's all just some weird, variant minigame offshoot of Battlegrounds. You wouldn't expect them to put much effort into that.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    It takes up a minion slot and blocks that slot from being rerolled. She is seriously absolute trash tier.

It even takes away a slot the turn it goes into hand. It’s a god awful ability because it hurts you in the beginning, which is the only time it could be good.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I fucking stomped with Maev. You get a +1 +1 minion of your choice for 1 gold and all you have to do is wait 2 turns. It is heavy value early on. In this game I used the ability almost every turn.
    e6ecuaatcf80.jpeg

zepherin on
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    I fucking stomped with Maev. You get a +1 +1 minion of your choice for 1 gold and all you have to do is wait 2 turns. It is heavy value early on. In this game I used the ability almost every turn.

i mean, even a broken clock is right twice a day....

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    All you have to do is wait 2 turns and have your drafting pool be reduced for 2 turns.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    You have kalecgos, two razorgores, and nadina. If you can't win with that you can't win with anything.

edit: I realize this sounds very dismissive of your playing ability, which is not my point. My point is, hero powers show their use when you don't get a god comp and just wafflestomp the lobby. Any hero gets 1st place (or second if someone has divine shield poison murlocs) with this pool of minions given to it.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    You have kalecgos, two razorgores, and nadina. If you can't win with that you can't win with anything.

edit: I realize this sounds very dismissive of your playing ability, which is not my point. My point is, hero powers show their use when you don't get a god comp and just wafflestomp the lobby. Any hero gets 1st place (or second if someone has divine shield poison murlocs) with this pool of minions given to it.
    True that was a savage end game build, but I started murloc, and went with a weird hybrid mid game build of mechs and murlocs.

And I just didn’t have any issues.

Edit: and I get what you are saying, but you end up playing a bit slower to capture the +1+1 especially at the beginning.

zepherin on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I've been having a lot of luck with a new build of Galakrond Priest. Basically I was sad every game when I didn't start with Disciple in my opening hand, so I decided to really lean into that:

2x Disciple of Galakrond
    2x Psychic Conjurer
    2x Renew
    1x Reliquary of Souls
    2x Envoy of Lazul
    2x Thoughtsteal
    2x Penance
    2x Shadow Word: Death
    2x Breath of the Infinite
    1x Madame Lazul
    2x Holy Nova
    2x Fate Weaver
    2x Shield of Galakrond
    2x Time Rip
    1x Soul Mirror
    1x Priest Galakrond
    2x Plague of Death

Basically I cut everything expensive except for the board wipes. It turns out all the cheap steal/copy stuff dudes give you a board presence early, and provide enough fuel to out lategame control decks and enough presence to make it to lategame vs. aggro decks. The really nice thing about all the steal/copy stuff is that vs. aggro it gives you cheap cards so you can keep up with their tempo, and vs. control it gives you big bomby things to keep up with their bomby stuff.

I have not missed Kronx yet in a game, maybe that's a mistake, but I've felt more than fine without him so far.

There's a good chance you run into an enemy Galakrond. Swap out a Conjurer for an Acidic Ooze and break your opponent's claw.

• Options

Yep. Even Galakrond and Putricide get 1st place once in a while, but that doesn't make them good picks.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Handkor wrote: »
    Seance
    Shadow Vision
    Mogu Cultist

Why is no one banning Glory? That seems like the obvious ban, here, although 1 in 4 times I guess it's going to be hidden. Still, if I saw the other 3 cards alone I wouldn't be worried at all and I'd just ban the mystery card assuming it was some sort of sustainment plan for surviving to a hand full of Cultists.

Any of the aggressive decks (which most people seem to play in these brawls) should be able to ban Glory and just run this over. Does it work against other slow decks?

I find that many people forget that Glory can be used on opponent minions and also forget that it heals the caster, not the owner of the minion. The cultist ends up getting all the attention and will usually take the ban.

It utterly fails against Bomb or Evolve decks for obvious reasons.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Heard you wanted some balance changes. Here you go!

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23426180

Text dump:

On May 18, we’ll be releasing a 17.2.1 balance patch that includes updates for a dozen cards in Standard, as well as a bug fix for Ethereal Conjurer.

Balance Updates

Aldor Attendant:

Old: [Cost 2] 2 Attack, 3 Health → New: [Cost 1] 1 Attack, 3 Health.

Torrent:

Old: [Cost 5] → New: [Cost 4].

Shattered Rumbler:

Old: 4 Attack, 6 Health → New: 5 Attack, 6 Health.

The Lurker Below:

Old: 6 Attack, 3 Health → New: 6 Attack, 5 Health.

The 8 cards below will be eligible for a full dust refund until June 1.

Priestess of Fury:

Old: 6 Attack, 7 Health → New: 6 Attack, 5 Health.

Crimson Sigil Runner:

Old: 2 Attack, 1 Health → New: 1 Attack, 1 Health.

Scavenger's Ingenuity:

Old: Draw a Beast. Give it +3/+3. → New: Draw a Beast. Give it +2/+2.

Shadowjeweler Hanar:

Old: 1 Attack, 5 Health → New: 1 Attack, 4 Health.

Blackjack Stunner:

Old: Battlecry: If you control a Secret, return a minion to its owner’s hand. It costs (2) more. → New: Battlecry: If you control a Secret, return a minion to its owner’s hand. It costs (1) more.

Imprisoned Scrap Imp:

Old: Dormant for 2 turns. When this awakens, give all minions in your hand +2/+2. → New: Dormant for 2 turns. When this awakens, give all minions in your hand +2/+1.

Bloodboil Brute:

Old: 6 Attack, 8 Health → New: 5 Attack, 8 Health.

Bloodsworn Mercenary:

Old: 3 Attack, 3 Health → New: 2 Attack, 2 Health.

Game Improvements and Bug Fixes

Ethereal Conjurer will now function correctly and will no longer lock the game state when played.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Heard you wanted some balance changes. Here you go!
    Crimson Sigil Runner:

Old: 2 Attack, 1 Health → New: 1 Attack, 1 Health.

"They will never catch damn, they caught me!"

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Mostly good changes, although the Bloodsworn Mercenary change does nothing. They could have made her a 1/1 and it would still see play since she is a burst finisher card.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Mostly good changes, although the Bloodsworn Mercenary change does nothing. They could have made her a 1/1 and it would still see play since she is a burst finisher card.

She has substantial use cases as a midgame pressure card, this does help with that.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I look forward to more dust!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    emnmnme wrote: »
    oh yeah by the way

did you know that demon hunters remembered that priestess of fury is a card still? and that it's still a very very good card?? and that they're now running them again??? and that it's a fuckin' bullshit card that has to be answered on the spot or you just lose right away??????????

fun times. fun how people just completely forgot about that card. fun how it completely slipped the nerf radar.

Would you nerf it so it does 3 damage instead of 6 or nerf it so it only damages enemy minions?

3 pings would be unplayable, minions only would actually make it more difficult to remove.

I'd change the stats. 6/7 is fucking insane. 7 damage is not an easy target to hit! There are not many things in this game that can cleanly deal 7 damage!!! I'd make that like, a 6/5.

Guess who saw the future!!!!

DIBBY THE PROPHET

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Obviously they weren't going to change her damage because they'd have to change the card art. She has 6 arms. That's 6 damage.

Also a dozen card changes? That's nuts. I don't think they've ever changed that many cards before in a patch.

forty on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Wish i knew about that etheral conjurer bug before playing it on the seventh boss of my dungeon run.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    So is Silence Priest a thing again or did I just run into someone playing a one-off crap deck hitting its nut draw highroll?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    :mad:

Blackjack Stunner did not need a nerf. If Rogue needed a balance pass, not sure BJ Stunner is the place to look. And Hanar died (or was silenced) often at 5 health when dropped on turn 2 or coined out on 1.

Boo those changes. Boo.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Gala Rogue is the second most popular deck, has been pretty consistently strong since the rotation, and has avoided the last two rounds of nerfs. Considering this patch is hitting 3 of its few counters, I'm pretty sure they wanted to preemptively ensure it doesn't become too dominant.