As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't let anyone within six feet of you(tube)

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    I mean same, Pip, but they should only be allowed to climb humans who have consented.

At least half the ladder should be women

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    【original】Ahoy!! 我ら宝鐘海賊団☆【ホロライブ/宝鐘マリン】 1:50
    https://youtu.be/e7VK3pne8N4
    【作編曲】
    ARM (IOSYS)
    Twitter▷https://twitter.com/ARM_IOSYS
    【作詞】
    まろん (IOSYS)
    Twitter▷https://twitter.com/maron47
    【動画編集】
    お菊
    Twitter▷https://twitter.com/__Lizel

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Oh wow I just got the thread title. I thought it was just saying don't go to youtube.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular

I love that Oblivion line so much, I couldn't believe it the first time I heard it

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Noooo, was a standard thing for Abridged series to stick joke captions under Canada language

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

oh cool back to every song or video reuploaded with subs and the creator doesn't get the views (if there's a translation available at all)

Kamar on
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    oh cool, well seeing as how no video creators will be making videos after six months, that should clear all that up.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

When you're weak

• Options

Oh fuck so much of the Halo retcons are SOOOOOOOO bad.

WHY IS GUILTY SPARK A HUMAN NOW!

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    How are there so many fucking Halo books I suppose that video will get into it once I gird myself

• Options
    I only ever read the one Halo book about the start of the Spartan program and how they kidnapped all the candidates and left body clones in their place that would suffer sudden heart failure shortly after.

Also how the armor literally twisted a man in two halves during QA.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I liked The Fall of Reach at the time but that's the only one i've read.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Boy you'd think you'd iron out the "tears user in half" type bugs while you're still in like the crash test dummy phase

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    The halo books are Good, except when they're Great

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I remember part of the spartan training was them all in a dark hostile environment or something and the people observing them couldn't figure out where they had gotten the weapons they were using in there.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I don’t care what BDG says, the suit will always jack him off in my heart

sig.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »

Well that's not where you want cum.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    It probably says something that I'm not sure if Master Chief killed some teens in a shower or if I'm mixing it up with Ender's Game

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    It probably says something that I'm not sure if Master Chief killed some teens in a shower or if I'm mixing it up with Ender's Game

That's Ender's Game. Master Chief kills some marines in a boxing match.

• Options

I can definitely understand thinking that sounds dumb out of context, but the actual book sold me on it pretty well.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

So that's what they mean by hardened arteries

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »

I can definitely understand thinking that sounds dumb out of context, but the actual book sold me on it pretty well.

It’s just

None of this new human backstory has ever felt consistent with the stuff we know or that is implied. Even if it works in the story they are telling it always feels clunky and jarring.

The idea that humans were space-faring before being de-evolved by the forerunners doesn’t really match with the terminals in Halo 3 and their description of the saving of humanity by the Librarian.

Whatever they ended up doing with the Didact also doesn’t at all match with those files.

This Guilty Spark stuff doesn’t match with the way he spoke and the implications regarding how and why the Forerunners created AI.

It’s annoying. It feels like the people working on Halo didn’t actually want to play in the Halo universe so they changed it and now I don’t recognize the lore to something that was important to me as a teenager. So I feel a bit ornery about it.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    unless....

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

You’re not a doctor

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also god, pulp/brand-related space marine sci-fi sure took all the Heinlein fascism apologia at face value and took no steps to approach it critically, huh

sig.gif
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »

It’s just

None of this new human backstory has ever felt consistent with the stuff we know or that is implied. Even if it works in the story they are telling it always feels clunky and jarring.

The idea that humans were space-faring before being de-evolved by the forerunners doesn’t really match with the terminals in Halo 3 and their description of the saving of humanity by the Librarian.

Whatever they ended up doing with the Didact also doesn’t at all match with those files.

This Guilty Spark stuff doesn’t match with the way he spoke and the implications regarding how and why the Forerunners created AI.

It’s annoying. It feels like the people working on Halo didn’t actually want to play in the Halo universe so they changed it and now I don’t recognize the lore to something that was important to me as a teenager. So I feel a bit ornery about it.
    It comes off to me less as disregard from 343 and more the contracted author just having a cool idea for a sci-fi civilization and going with that. And I gotta say it is a pretty cool sci-fi civilization, so I don't resent the incongruity too much. And like, before the book trilogy, there was an impression of what the Forerunners were like, but just an impression. So, to some degree I think deviating from that when you try to flesh it out was sorta inevitable.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Boy you'd think you'd iron out the "tears user in half" type bugs while you're still in like the crash test dummy phase

As a QA person sometime bugs come back!

Just a scientist referring back to the original time someone got torn in half with a "its happening again :/" note

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

As a QA person sometime bugs come back!

Just a scientist referring back to the original time someone got torn in half with a "its happening again :/" note

>SPRTN-73925 Reopened

>Cannot reproduce

>Reopened with video and comment “for god’s sake you can see his pancreas”

sig.gif
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Also god, pulp/brand-related space marine sci-fi sure took all the Heinlein fascism apologia at face value and took no steps to approach it critically, huh
    I think the movie adaptation of Starship Troopers aptly demonstrates you can be as blatant as you want and readers/viewers will still come away going "wow, cool space marines!"

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Halo's a bit weird because sometimes it's just doing a Heinlein, but other times it feels like it's deconstructing it with all the ways that the UNSC's bullshit (usually specifically ONI's bullshit) backfires on them.

cB557 on
This discussion has been closed.