This was my go-to recipe for years when Wyborn thought gluten was an issue. You can't really shape the dough in the same way (you have to just kinda prod/coax it into the rough shape) and you definitely need to weigh all the flours, so get a scale. The outside is nice and crusty and the insides nice and fluffy.
316 g white rice flour
125 g tapioca flour
1 rounded tablespoon xanthan gum
1.5 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1.5 cups hot water (110 F - ~40 seconds)
2 tablespoons yeast
30 g melted butter (2 tablespoons)
4 egg whites, beaten slightly
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
some melted butter for brushing
1. In the bowl of a heavy-duty mixer, place flours, xanthan gum and salt. Blend with mixer on low.
2. In a small bowl dissolve the sugar in the water, and add yeast.
3. Wait until the mixture foams slightly, then blend into the dry ingredients.
4. Add the butter, egg whites, and vinegar. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
5. To form loaves, spoon dough onto greased and cornmeal-dusted cookie sheets in two long French-loaf shapes or spoon into special French-bread pans.
6. Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Slash diagonally every few inches. Brush with melted butter.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
9. Remove from pan to cool.
I do recommend getting a baguette pan as it bakes much more nicely that way
edit: Oh, and I had noted down a sandwich bread recipe, though I don't recall using it too many times, I generally didn't record things if they weren't at least half decent
420 g flour mix
105 g brown rice flour
130 g white rice flour
75 g tapioca flour
105 g sweet glutinous rice flour
5 g xanthan gum
2 tsp xanthan gum (this is in addition to the xanthan gum in the flour mix)
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups warm milk (about 110 degrees F)
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil or butter
2 extra large eggs, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Oil and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
3. Place warm milk into a small bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of sugar until dissolved. Whisk in yeast until dissolved. Set aside to proof.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar.
5. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, place eggs, olive oil / butter, and vinegar. Beat for a few seconds to combine. Add the yeast mixture. Beat a few seconds more to combine. Add the flour mixture. Beat on medium high for 3 minutes.
6. Scrape mixture into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
7. Heat wet washcloth in microwave. Then, place loaf pan into microwave, resting hot dishcloth on top of loaf pan, and closing the microwave door.
8. Let dough rise until just over the pan.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Then carefully turn out onto rack to cool completely.
This second recipe was a tweaked version of this
- not sure where the first one came from