As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PICKITUPPICKITUPPICKITUP(THPS)

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Didn’t Diablo 2 add respec potions at some point?

Also, I solved the problem a bunch of y’all are having by never getting that good at the game in the first place. I’m just as trash now as I was then!

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Also, I solved the problem a bunch of y’all are having by never getting that good at the game in the first place. I’m just as trash now as I was then!

At least the last time I touched it, they DID but they were a pain in the ass to get unless you were already doing well, so to change from one known build to another you'd be fine. To try something new from the start, not so much. So you certainly COULD do a good build, max out and probably grind some potions. But that just wraps to the time issue. Just let me re-spec.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I'm not as good at this game as I used to be so I can see the progress I make as I regain my skills.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I got all of Tony Hawk's skill points, completed all of his challenges. Immediately made a Create A Skater to build them up. And holy cow, going from All The Points to None of the Points took some getting used to. Going from "I am a God, unbound by the mortal 'law' of Gravity" to "I will eat shit trying to ollie down two stairs."

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I am one 200,000 point combo on Downhill Jam away from unlocking Jack Black and it is making me tear my hair out.

I got 199,500 at one point and almost pitched my controller out the window

Edit: FUCK YEAH seconds after posting this I got a 450,000 point combo.

#pipe on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I got all of Tony Hawk's skill points, completed all of his challenges. Immediately made a Create A Skater to build them up. And holy cow, going from All The Points to None of the Points took some getting used to. Going from "I am a God, unbound by the mortal 'law' of Gravity" to "I will eat shit trying to ollie down two stairs."

There is something to be said though for the way that the game eases you into skate god status

If you started with everything maxed the sheer speed might be totally overwhelming.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I am one 200,000 point combo on Downhill Jam away from unlocking Jack Black and it is making me tear my hair out.

I got 199,500 at one point and almost pitched my controller out the window

Edit: FUCK YEAH seconds after posting this I got a 450,000 point combo.

I am just so bad at the combos, I can’t balance manuals even with full stats, I just freak out and stack it too much. For me the jack black character is pretty much permenantly locked

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I've had this since Sunday and I've been able to play it all of 30 minutes eat shit adulthood fuckin

Dang

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    It was yesterday, having beaten all the goals in 1 and 2 and getting all the V symbols that I discovered holding the ollie button keeps up a lot of speed while doing the manual. I unlocked Jack Black and I have a newfound hatred for the Downtown Dirty Gap.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    It was yesterday, having beaten all the goals in 1 and 2 and getting all the V symbols that I discovered holding the ollie button keeps up a lot of speed while doing the manual. I unlocked Jack Black and I have a newfound hatred for the Downtown Dirty Gap.

Wait what? Holding the Ollie button keeps more speed while in manual? Because I swear to god this has been my most confusing element in watching people get massive high scores while I struggle. I mean don’t get me wrong my constant stacking it and panic pressing buttons holds me back too

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Wait what? Holding the Ollie button keeps more speed while in manual? Because I swear to god this has been my most confusing element in watching people get massive high scores while I struggle. I mean don’t get me wrong my constant stacking it and panic pressing buttons holds me back too

Yep! I kept wondering how people were going so fast while doing a manual and apparently that's the secret. It won't make it perfect or anything but you can go a hell of a lot farther.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    How do you get the secret tape on Venice Beach? I totally forget!

Also is tony hawk. Always be holding x.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Boneless off the planter underneath and grind the wires.

You, uh, need a couple of stat points in everything related to that.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    David_T wrote: »

Ah I see

My aim is bad and I'm terrible at timing my bonelesses.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Don't put too many stat points into Boneless or you turn into a jellyfish. Or do, I'm not your jellydad

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i didn't know you could manual without holding x

• Options

Hey

Try doing a manual without holding x.. . Then double tap triangle.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Hey

i do that while holding x! it's very uncomfortable on my hands!

• Options

Hey

i do that while holding x! it's very uncomfortable on my hands!

crab hands

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    So I'm playing this on the PC using my Xbox One X Series X Pro Limited Elite 2 Pro Professional Elite 2 Pro Wireless controller and I'm having a weird issue where I hold A (which is the "pre-Ollie" button) but it will randomly Ollie. I can't figure out if this is a feature or a bug.

Is my controller broken?
    Is the game broken?
    Is my skater broken?
    Am *I* broken?!?!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Hey

Tapping for flatlands during a manual is a decent way to add a few multipliers

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Wow getting the high score goals on Philadelphia is pretty easy

That line of benches and ledges is really easy to just grind back and forth and just manual over to the wall and wall plant back to the line.

Actually if you got enough speed on the other side you can wall plant back to the ledges directly there. Maybe get in a flip trick.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Wow getting the high score goals on Philadelphia is pretty easy

That line of benches and ledges is really easy to just grind back and forth and just manual over to the wall and wall plant back to the line.

Actually if you got enough speed on the other side you can wall plant back to the ledges directly there. Maybe get in a flip trick.

I can pretty consistently get 3 million point runs anywhere you can repeatedly ping-pong back and forth across walls into grinds.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    It's particularly easy there.

You really only need to hold down triangle for the grind section and you'll rack up multiplyers automatically as you go between the benches and ledges.

• Options
    That's how I did the grind it out challenge or whatever it's called for create a skater. Super easy to rack up a huge combo there by grinding that all the way into a manual, then wallplant into the wall and head back and do it again or just manual trick until you get it.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    It seems the default reaction to seeing Tony Hawk is disbelief.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    "That can't be Tony Hawk! He went up a halfpipe in 2003 and never came back down."

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Tony Hawk became one with the Skate Force to save the world at the climax of Crisis on Infinite Parks.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    We have all met Tony Hawk, only a select few can comprehend the experience.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'm still sad we never got the Tony Hawk Space Jam sequel.

How did he not at least get a Saturday morning cartoon.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I'm still sad we never got the Tony Hawk Space Jam sequel.

How did he not at least get a Saturday morning cartoon.

Oh yeah? Then explain this...

51r-LHlgh-L.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It is the year 2555

520 years after Tony hawk prefected the infinity ollie.

Mankind now skates among the stars.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Yes, the game respecced to add respec options.

Also, did you know that "options" is an anagram of "potions"? Just switch the first two letters! #anagram #potions #diablo #respec #thisisntinstagramwtfamidoing #norisittwitter

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    EhSWDNOXgAMODZk.jpg

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    but where does Kingdom Hearts fit into the timeline

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    but where does Kingdom Hearts fit into the timeline

In a just universe? directly into the trash

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Man I'm so bad at this.

I can't even get the 50,000 on school.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the only course I can grab big numbers on is the warehouse! the competition courses are going to cause me to destroy a controller probably! I'm having a blast!

• Options
    Worst competition course is Burnside

What an awful little level