Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    The QTEs in RE6 are terrible. They're so terrible, there's skills in the game you have to buy and equip to make them less punishing. So they knew and proceeded anyway. They KNEW.

They're making a fucking horror game, what did you expect? They're monsters.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The real monsters were the devs.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Kingdom Hearts is coming to Switch... as a rhythm game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edZl9RyEk_A

Very Theatrhythm-esque.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Just put Theatrhythm on Switch you cowards!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I know it would be outrageously expensive but seems like a huuugely missed opportunity to not cram this full of Disney standards.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Going from playing a bit of Bastion to Mother Russia Bleeds was some real tonal whiplash. It may as well have been going from Yoshi's Wholly World to Mortal Kombat 11.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Just put Theatrhythm on Switch you cowards!

Just put kingdom hearts on the Switch you cowards.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    The QTEs in RE6 are terrible. They're so terrible, there's skills in the game you have to buy and equip to make them less punishing. So they knew and proceeded anyway. They KNEW.

They're making a fucking horror game, what did you expect? They're monsters.

For the QTEs where you wiggle the stick, you can wiggle both sticks for double input. This is never stated, but it makes things so much easier.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    This dumb fuckin' game is a lot of fun!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Rehab wrote: »
    This dumb fuckin' game is a lot of fun!

Media not playing, wanna share more info?

Edit: and now it works, le sigh.

Also, looks like Contra meets Worms? Neat!

DaringDirk on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Playing through Grim Fandango for the first time and I’m doing it on stream to try and get used to talking through my thoughts as I solve the puzzles.

Folks... this game is really damn good. Like, holy crap.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Playing through Grim Fandango for the first time and I’m doing it on stream to try and get used to talking through my thoughts as I solve the puzzles.

Folks... this game is really damn good. Like, holy crap.

I just used a giftcard to grab it!

Looking forward to the experience.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Grim Fandango is absolutely worth the price.

It is absolutely one of the adventure gems of the past.

• Options
    I have this really weird relationship with Xenoblade Chronicles. I can't seem to work up the effort to launch the game but when I do I end up having a hard time putting it down. Does anyone else experience it? Like right now when I think about the game I imagine it to be boring. But if I actually play it I will have a good time. It's very odd.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Amazon UK had SNK Heroines for £10 for a physical copy (still £40 on the eShop), so I pulled the trigger on that. Strangely, the Prime delivery isn't until Saturday. Now it just dispatched, I know why - apparently it's coming from Barcelona! Makes me sceptical it'll be a UK copy, but we'll see! So long as the in-game text is in English, I'm probably good.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I have this really weird relationship with Xenoblade Chronicles. I can't seem to work up the effort to launch the game but when I do I end up having a hard time putting it down. Does anyone else experience it? Like right now when I think about the game I imagine it to be boring. But if I actually play it I will have a good time. It's very odd.

I have this relationship with Octopath Traveler.

Except I also dislike the game.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Xenoblade has that daunting overwhelming feeling of all the things there are to do but once I start working step by step there goes 4 hours.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Is there like a... minimum side quest path for Xenoblade (stuff that you should do that unlocks gems or cosmetics or arts or whatever)? I tried glancing over at GameFAQs for such a thing, but it didn't seem like there was one or at least not advertised as such. I started it up last night and have just been puttering around Colony 9 for a few hours.

I bounced off hard off the game originally on the Wii when I was still in the clutches of WoW so now this weird pseudo mmo is actually quite fun now nearly a decade later, but I don't want to do a billion quests if I can avoid it. I'm not really worried about outleveling content as I know they put in that Expert mode, I'm just not looking to do every god damn quest if I can help it without missing anything important.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I'm almost positive the game can be played and enjoyed without doing a single Side Quest. But now that things are labeled and marked on the map they are way less annoying.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Is there like a... minimum side quest path for Xenoblade (stuff that you should do that unlocks gems or cosmetics or arts or whatever)? I tried glancing over at GameFAQs for such a thing, but it didn't seem like there was one or at least not advertised as such. I started it up last night and have just been puttering around Colony 9 for a few hours.

I bounced off hard off the game originally on the Wii when I was still in the clutches of WoW so now this weird pseudo mmo is actually quite fun now nearly a decade later, but I don't want to do a billion quests if I can avoid it. I'm not really worried about outleveling content as I know they put in that Expert mode, I'm just not looking to do every god damn quest if I can help it without missing anything important.

That might be tough to do. The most important things unlocked by quests are extra skill trees for characters, everyone starts with 3 unique trees and can end up with 5. Just now in the later game I did a random minor quest, which led to another random minor quest, which apparently unlocked a quest to get a character's skill tree.

One specific example I can give is one of Reyn's trees, it is involved in a Colony 6 quest. If you never do any of the significant sidequests you can do with Colony 6 you would never get this tree, which does a lot of great stuff like boost his taunt on non-targeted enemies, haste the party when an enemy is defeated, 10% chance of getting a double auto-attack, etc.

I'm not sure but I think some of these skill tree quests unlock after reaching a certain reputation level with a town, and you raise reputation by questing for the town, which can be any number of mix-and-match quests.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    One of the positive things I will say about the excess of sidequests in xenoblade, is that a lot of them add depth to the characters of the world. The main party will get fleshed out via the story, but nearly all of the town NPCs have something going on that you can learn about via quests. It makes the world feel alive in ways that many other games fail at.

If you like the world of xenoblade and you want more of it, that's what the sidequests are for.

If you get tired of side quests and want to come back to them later, in previous versions of xenoblade, all missable quests are marked with a clock icon letting you know that they are only available for so long. Usually up to some specific story point (there are ~3 major story points where sidequests get locked out). The sidequests that aren't marked as being limited will be available forever.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    New Pokemon Snap!

https://youtu.be/Hfx-fwPPj6U

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So excited for that one!!!!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Y'know...let's see...March 21, 1999...

People who were born when Pokemon Snap came out are currently old enough to drink Pokemon Schnapps.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

That might be tough to do. The most important things unlocked by quests are extra skill trees for characters, everyone starts with 3 unique trees and can end up with 5. Just now in the later game I did a random minor quest, which led to another random minor quest, which apparently unlocked a quest to get a character's skill tree.

One specific example I can give is one of Reyn's trees, it is involved in a Colony 6 quest. If you never do any of the significant sidequests you can do with Colony 6 you would never get this tree, which does a lot of great stuff like boost his taunt on non-targeted enemies, haste the party when an enemy is defeated, 10% chance of getting a double auto-attack, etc.

I'm not sure but I think some of these skill tree quests unlock after reaching a certain reputation level with a town, and you raise reputation by questing for the town, which can be any number of mix-and-match quests.

You also gain affinity with areas by talking to people, and talking to people also unlocks sidequests. Most people can be found by just running around town around 8 AM and PM, anyone named has a dot on the map.

Of the big quest lockout points... one of them is player controlled, the other is super late in the game.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

People who were born when Pokemon Snap came out are currently old enough to drink Pokemon Schnapps.

I was 19 when Pokemon Snap first released. Crazy, that feels like forever ago. :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

I was 19 when Pokemon Snap first released. Crazy, that feels like forever ago. :(

I mean 21 years...

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I remember going to blockbuster every other day to use the Machine they had that you would slot your pokemon snap cartridge into and it would print you out stickers of the pictures you took.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Some kind of... Pokemon Bejeweled?

I don't know what's real anymore, but that Charmander has a little hat.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    It'd be neat if Snap supports Labo VR

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It's not really Bejeweled. Instead of swapping one thing at a time, you swirl an entire mass all around the entire area. I'm intrigued.

https://youtu.be/ofTELS37_rk

It's also coming to smartphones, if you'd prefer (aaaaand half the thread probably automatically hates the game now).

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Shoulda had Pokemon Puzzle League gameplay to really sell the nostalgia combo of that and Snap

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So more like Pokemon tsumtsums than bejeweled?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

I mean 21 years...

Oy, I'm old. My first kid turns 18 in two months. :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Some Nintendo reveals going on today?

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Some Nintendo reveals going on today?

Yes, but the Tsubasa trailer is from a few days ago.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Well, it's no Inazuma Eleven, but it'll...

Actually, I don't know if it'll do. It seems to be lacking the Inazuma-style silliness I kind of need for a football game.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    It's also coming to smartphones, if you'd prefer (aaaaand half the thread probably automatically hates the game now).
    For games like this, I'd actually muuuuuch rather they be on smartphones, because I'm more likely to play them there. I still seethe that Pokemon Picross never landed on smartphones.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    Yeah it seems like a perfect fit for smartphones. Mindless gaming is perfect.