As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So, anyone live in montana?

13»

• Options
    SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Helena is a nice name for a city

It sounds like a classy lady

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    missoula is one of my favorite towns ever

Knob on
  • Options
    honkymcgoohonkymcgoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Karf wrote: »
    I live in Montana.

Missoula, to be exact. Just a few hours from Helena.

One time I drove for 14 hours to get out of this state and I rubberbanded back here, dammit.

And yes, there are bears. Black bears no one really cares about. Grizzly bears are godless killing machines, along with the mountain lions and mooses.

Fucking mooses.

I will likely be going to missoula quite often, as there is no best buy in helena. Not to mention the fact that missoula is the closest thing to civilization out there.

honkymcgoo on
    I didn't even know what the fuck and avitar was until about 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dark-Tiran wrote: »
    Where you want to move is Kentucky. They just opened up a new museum in Petersburg that is full of the truth! You can find an article on it below.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070526/us_nm/usa_museum_dc

That's very close to where I live.
    Someone, suggest a shirt I could wear when visiting that place.

Wait, is that place free? If it's not, I'm not wasting money.

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Dark-Tiran wrote: »
    Where you want to move is Kentucky. They just opened up a new museum in Petersburg that is full of the truth! You can find an article on it below.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070526/us_nm/usa_museum_dc

That's very close to where I live.
    Someone, suggest a shirt I could wear when visiting that place.

Wait, is that place free? If it's not, I'm not wasting money.

i suppose the darwin fish would suffice?

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    honkymcgoo wrote: »
    I live in Montana.

One time I drove for 14 hours to get out of this state and I rubberbanded back here, dammit.

And yes, there are bears. Black bears no one really cares about. Grizzly bears are godless killing machines, along with the mountain lions and mooses.

Fucking mooses.

I will likely be going to missoula quite often, as there is no best buy in helena. Not to mention the fact that missoula is the closest thing to civilization out there.
    We can totally make out.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    BasicBasic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Haha

Montana

Basic on
  • Options
    natelukenateluke Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Helena sucks.

Trust me, I'm moving there soon too.

nateluke on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Montana's actually pretty awesome as long as you're in western Montana. Eastern montana sucks. It's pretty much just North Dakota.

Oh god, ND is so bad.

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    natelukenateluke Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    We should give eastern Montana to Canada as a gift.

Then invade them.

nateluke on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    Montana's actually pretty awesome as long as you're in western Montana. Eastern montana sucks. It's pretty much just North Dakota.

Oh god, ND is so bad.

Eastern Montana is like Western ND, which is horrible. The eastern half of ND is like a completely different state.

Marathon on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    Framling wrote: »
    Glacier National Park is the most beautiful place I've ever been to.
    The least beautiful? Montana east of the mountains.

That's pretty much it for the state. I stopped in a small town to get gas on the way through the state. There appeared to be only one business. It was afternoon, and there was nobody around. A bunch of houses, but the town was completely empty. No kids playing (it was a Saturday), no people wandering around. That may be the first time I've been scared to be somewhere, and I've driven through downtown Detroit late at night before.

edit - actually, both of the Dakotas are actually pretty boring as well, but not as bad as eastern Montana

See, I can't really speak for North Dakota, but at least South Dakota recognizes that it's fucking boring as shit and has the decency to put up billboards for cheesey tourist traps so that there's SOMETHING to look at besides dead grass.

North Dakota is pretty much the exact same Fram. For example, my hometown has the worlds largest concrete buffalo statue..check it out in all its booring glory!

I used to live there.

I remember White Cloud, the albino buffalo, was about the most newsworthy item for a good two year timeframe.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I used to hunt buffalos in a previous life

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    JC of DI wrote: »

I used to live there.

I remember White Cloud, the albino buffalo, was about the most newsworthy item for a good two year timeframe.

Pretty much, mostly because of the significance an albino buffalo has to Native Americans and this was the first one in quite a while. But really, what else was ever newsworthy there...besides Darin Erstad.

Marathon on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My grandparents have a vacation home in Western Montana, up in the mountains.

My grandpa is a pretty hardcore skier, though he's slowing down a little in his older age.

He only skis single black diamonds now that he's approaching 70.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Oh god, ND is so bad.

Eastern Montana is like Western ND, which is horrible. The eastern half of ND is like a completely different state.

No, Eastern ND still sucks.

Buddy Lee on

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fucking mooses.
    The correct term is Meese.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Fucking mooses.
    The correct term is Meese.

Moosen!

Buddy Lee on

• Options
    edited June 2007

Oh god, ND is so bad.

No, Eastern ND still sucks.

Wrong, Fargo is rad. Grand Forks is pretty nice as well.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    nateluke wrote: »
    Helena sucks.

What brings you there?

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I live in Montana.

Fucking mooses.

We can totally make out.

I smell sitcom!!

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I live in Montana.

Fucking mooses.

We can totally make out.

I smell sitcom!!
    Last time someone told me this, I ended up in jail for the night.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I live in Montana.

Fucking mooses.

We can totally make out.

I smell sitcom!!
    Last time someone told me this, I ended up in jail for the night.

I smell dramedy then?

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    badfishbadfish Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'll be relocating from Florida to Helena, Montana in about a month to be with my fiancee and Im wondering if anyone lives anywhere remotely close to there. Also, if anyone does and has a lead on a job, that would be super rad. ALT TOPIC: What Wii virtual console games do you really want to see?

I just moved out of Montana last month. Job wise the pay sucks there... it will always suck there unless you are a doctor/lawyer/rancher...

I originally moved to Helena and you have two choices:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana: A taco fest and not the good kind (Is that the opposite of a sausage fest?)
    The company is entirely run by women... I wouldn't say that is a bad thing but if you were to get a job there you'd see what I mean. Reverse discrimination at it's best.

State of Montana: Lots of state jobs with poor pay and pretty good benefits.

90 Minutes northeast of Helena is Great Falls where I lived for the last 2 years or so before I moved. Check out the company Vision Net or Bresnan Cable if you are into IT jobs.

I worked at Vision Net, the pay stinks but if you have low expenses it's ok, they teach you a shit load about the IT field though.

www.vision.net

Give Montana a hug for me, it's a beautiful place.

badfish on
    "What you had there is what we refer to as a focused non-terminal repeating phantasm or a Class 5 full-roaming vapor."
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    badfish wrote: »
    I'll be relocating from Florida to Helena, Montana in about a month to be with my fiancee and Im wondering if anyone lives anywhere remotely close to there. Also, if anyone does and has a lead on a job, that would be super rad. ALT TOPIC: What Wii virtual console games do you really want to see?

I just moved out of Montana last month. Job wise the pay sucks there... it will always suck there unless you are a doctor/lawyer/rancher...

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Montana: A taco fest and not the good kind (Is that the opposite of a sausage fest?)
    The company is entirely run by women... I wouldn't say that is a bad thing but if you were to get a job there you'd see what I mean. Reverse discrimination at it's best.

90 Minutes northeast of Helena is Great Falls where I lived for the last 2 years or so before I moved. Check out the company Vision Net or Bresnan Cable if you are into IT jobs.

I worked at Vision Net, the pay stinks but if you have low expenses it's ok, they teach you a shit load about the IT field though.

www.vision.net

Can I use you as a reference?

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    badfishbadfish Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

www.vision.net

If you find yourself applying there send me a pm I'll give you a reference... I don't know if it'll help you or make things worse though. I'll tell them about the time you saved me from that 15 foot crocodile.

badfish on
    "What you had there is what we refer to as a focused non-terminal repeating phantasm or a Class 5 full-roaming vapor."
  • Options
    edited June 2007

www.vision.net

If you find yourself applying there send me a pm I'll give you a reference... I don't know if it'll help you or make things worse though. I'll tell them about the time you saved me from that 15 foot crocodile.

That wouldnt have been so bad if those 50 ninjas hadnt gotten in the way.

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    slump bump.

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Helena sucks.

What brings you there?

Nate lives in Montana already.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bergy wrote: »
    Helena sucks.

What brings you there?

Better Nate than Lever.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ruckus wrote: »
    Helena sucks.

What brings you there?

Better Nate than Lever.

You so crever. Make me raugh rong time.

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ruckus wrote: »
    Helena sucks.

What brings you there?

Better Nate than Lever.

Also you should be uncle ruckus.

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ive been in montana for about a month now. Theres no best buy, it sucks. I went to pick up some HDDVDs yesterday and I could choose between 300, disturbia and bourne identity. That was it. But! Theres no sales tax here, which is pretty rockin for gaming.

honkymcgoo on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey, thanks, we were really wondering.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm moving to Montana soon.

Gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Mori please tell me you're joking. I'm having a hard time seeing you and Janson living in Montana. :lol:

edit: oh, obviously you and teefs are referencing some pop culture thing that I'm too old to get

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    Mori please tell me you're joking. I'm having a hard time seeing you and Janson living in Montana. :lol:

Man, it's lyrics from the Frank Zappa song. I don't think I could ever live in Montana.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh man, Frank Zappa. I suck at being old.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on