As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    It's so sad that Lasswell isn't getting any sort of global buffs. I didn't expect any because Gumi hasn't buffed any NV units yet, but boy he really could have used the buffs. Such a cool sprite and unit design, being physical in base and magical in shift, but his damage is just sad compared to units we already have.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular

Maintenance Reminder!!!

Lots of events and shops ending today. Go get it done and spend those currencies!!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/kwc8wv/gl_maintenance_114_whats_ending_and_when/

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Any STMRs that you guys recommend on aiming for? Maybe just all-around good ones? I have a STMR moogle waiting.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    urahonky wrote: »
    Any STMRs that you guys recommend on aiming for? Maybe just all-around good ones? I have a STMR moogle waiting.
    Honestly, I would save it for an NV unit that is game changing (for you). There are not a lot of base units that are worthy of an STMR moogle anymore since we are getting so many more rainbows. I would wait until you really need something to complete a trial or DV.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Don't you normally get STMR moogles for the NV units if you EX+2 them? I know it's for the NV only ones but still.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Hard to say since with the fragment dungeon it can be easier in a sense to get the STMR of an NV unit with only one copy.
    The moogle are still fairly rare, though not as much as Trans pearls right now.
    Maybe NV Lightning whenever she shows up? I'm not sure how much her STMR changed the meta, but that seems like one you'd want 2+ of.

For reference, her STMR gives a +1x chain cap mod. Max is still 6x, so all it does is let units without the 6x cap go up to 5x (or 6x with 2 of them, though I'm betting Global makes it non-stacking).

Lorek on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Summer Folka/Citra and FID are pretty safe with tons of high resists and stats. I use NV Cloud's all the time, might be worth a 2nd one.

Really at this point, I'd only use it on STMR's that I need on multiple units (such as the summer units above) or NV STMR's (though probably not weapons) since rainbows are more common and UoC's are only useful for STMR's now.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I have Ibara all set up for Demon Chimera tomorrow in Favorites. 125% Beast and 175% Demon killers is about the best I can do. Pretty glad she can equip bows as the Artemis Bow's 75% beast killer is really nice.

Edit: Wait, that won't work, she needs a rod for the rod Imperil people will be using. Nevermind! Guess I'll throw a rod on her. Oops! Stardust Rod it is. 50% Beast and 225% Demon killer I guess will have to do?

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, you want to setup Ibara in her base form for TDH magic and a rod for the rod imperil from Relm. I have mine setup on Tab 1.

edit: For anyone planning to pull for Rowen to get his STMR, it is a 2H hybrid katana with a high MAG stat. It could be a good hybrid weapon, but I think there are better options for units like NV Elena.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    At least now I know what I have to run in IW today. Never got a good roll on Stardust Rod.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    edit: For anyone planning to pull for Rowen to get his STMR, it is a 2H hybrid katana with a high MAG stat. It could be a good hybrid weapon, but I think there are better options for units like NV Elena.

Even if you want to use NV Lasswell, he's generally better off using Equip Rod and a high mag rod (and Relm using her rod Imperil) rather than the katana. I don't think there's really any other mage/hybrid that would benefit from that Katana.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I finally got a good roll on Firion's bow. I dunno what to run now, I just spent all this IW running this thing nonstop.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    I finally got a good roll on Firion's bow. I dunno what to run now, I just spent all this IW running this thing nonstop.

I'd make sure to run that Seraph Staff or whatever it's called that drops in the event. Just to get the special that gives 3 turns of status-immune debuffs. That's weird and unique so it must go in the hoard.

Managed to get NV Lasswell in 30-something tickets! Which is excellent because I like the sprite and animations and CG but he is not worth any lapis.

• Options
    Ended up getting the new unit whose name escapes me (Rowan?) and grabbed his TMR since it's got some nice Dragon Killer on it.

• Options
    I got both Yuraisha and Kurshira NVA upgraded. I decided to get a 2nd Yuraisha STMR before converting the dupes to fragments. With the login and shard dungeon, I can still get her to EX+2.

• Options
    I have neither of the NVAs ready to go, but that's ok.

Tried Demon Chimera and while my damage using Ibara seems to be fine, I don't have Faisy so...yeah. If the Chimera uses his non-elemental AOE magic attack then I lose. Guess I will be waiting to do that trial until I can luck into an off-banner Faisy. I was hoping the NV I pulled today from one of those EX tickets was them, but it was yet another NV Rain instead. At least that's another red pearl for the coffers

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Tried Demon Chimera and while my damage using Ibara seems to be fine, I don't have Faisy so...yeah. If the Chimera uses his non-elemental AOE magic attack then I lose. Guess I will be waiting to do that trial until I can luck into an off-banner Faisy. I was hoping the NV I pulled today from one of those EX tickets was them, but it was yet another NV Rain instead. At least that's another red pearl for the coffers

Can I gear a Faisy for you?

• Options
    edited January 2021

Nah, I need a well geared friend Ibara to meet the turn requirement. Without a friend damage dealer the trial will take forever and I'm not looking forward to a 50+ turn fight. Thanks though!

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Hrm, maybe I've just been sucking with using Charlotte as apparently she can tank the trial (Sinzar put out a video with PCecil tanking it) so maybe I just gotta figure out a better rotation/whatever for her.

Edit: I'm an idiot and should like, actually gear Charlotte's BS form and utilize her magic mitigation stuff huh? Guess it really DOES pay to pay attention to what units can do. This revelation has been brought to you by coffee.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Anyone have NV Physalis they can throw up for demon chimera? Need a partner for mine to smack it around.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular

Nah, I need a well geared friend Ibara to meet the turn requirement. Without a friend damage dealer the trial will take forever and I'm not looking forward to a 50+ turn fight. Thanks though!

What do you need from your Ibara? I've got an Ex+2 one I'm sure I could gear.

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »

Just as much MAG and demon/beast killer as you can fit on her base form. I have a bunch of friend Ibaras set up for it, but more will be helpful as I figure out the best way to use Charlotte (who I just realized has an on demand 3 turn self 75% general mitigation in her shift form. Yeeeeeesh I should pay more attention to these things!).

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »

Just as much MAG and demon/beast killer as you can fit on her base form. I have a bunch of friend Ibaras set up for it, but more will be helpful as I figure out the best way to use Charlotte (who I just realized has an on demand 3 turn self 75% general mitigation in her shift form. Yeeeeeesh I should pay more attention to these things!).

I'll build her and get her set in a moment. Letting FFBE Equip do it's thing.

• Options
    Setup. Like 4700 MAG with 200 Demon and 50 Beast killer

• Options
    Oooh boy, it has been a hot minute since I've had to work that hard on a trial. Kinda like going back to having to plan strats and actually knowing abilities and cooldowns and when to use them.

Anyway, Chimera EXT finally down in 14 turns. I'll do the regular one tomorrow once all the dead friend Ibaras I murdered with my mistakes come back.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Chimera down in 16 turns, I messed up my rotation at one point so I just need to wait for my good Ibara friends to refresh so I can knock out that last mission. Charlotte tanks like a champ when you actually use her right!

Edit: Got him, 15 turns on the dot. Very pleased with that! And now that that's done, the next big need for me is a physical tank for the upcoming Scorn of Asura. Hopefully King Behemy can fill that role whenever we get him.

Cruor on
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I can be bothered with trying to complete this trial yet. The bug killer reward is nice, but it may not be needed for DV. I haven't looked.

• Options
    I'm not sure if I can be bothered with trying to complete this trial yet. The bug killer reward is nice, but it may not be needed for DV. I haven't looked.

This upcoming DV, if we are following the JP schedule, does have a Bug boss but I don't remember if the stage is physical or magical.

• Options

This upcoming DV, if we are following the JP schedule, does have a Bug boss but I don't remember if the stage is physical or magical.
    Honestly, I'm done with trying to chase rank 1 in DV. I just want to hit 1mil score/EP so I get the max rewards. That should still land me in the 3k-5k rank.

• Options
    Yeah my goal is always 1million. But I don't have the attention span to deal with fights that have constant rotations.

• Options

Honestly, I'm done with trying to chase rank 1 in DV. I just want to hit 1mil score/EP so I get the max rewards. That should still land me in the 3k-5k rank.

I'm on the "try to max everything but the last boss" plan myself. And, like, I'll certainly *try* to get as high of a score as I can on the last boss if I have the units/gear to do so ready to go, but I'm not gonna spend resources (UoCs, STMR tickets, etc).

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    My DV plan is always to kill each boss as fast as possible with a decent score, which of course sounds like what everyone does. What I mean is that I just want to clear DV as fast as I can so I can get away from it. Usually that means I can cap the early bosses with simple OTKO strats, but the later bosses sometimes don't max score or I need to take an extra turn or two for buffs etc. But each extra turn I need to take makes the inevitable retry all the worse when my AR chains break. If I can cap damage with a OTKO strat, then it's not as bad to retry since I can just reload my units' actions.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    My plan is to continue my gross excess and maximize my score as much as possible

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Spent 10 UoCs to get a fifth Yuraisha to get her to NVA so I could put her in the fragment dungeon.

I have 120 of the things and nothing to do with them, after all.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Chimera down with all missions comfortably. Couldn’t find a really true comparable Physalis to pair with mine but made it work comfortably with a decent EX+1 one.

Ran Faisy, Rivera, NV Terra, NV Sol, NV Physalis, and a friend Physalis. Only had one manufacted nethicite but I had a second similar effect from Dethroned Heroine Ashe STMR. That was fun, need more stuff to be challenging that way in future.

• Options
    So if anyone wants to work on Demon Chimera but doesn’t have an adequate magic tank or would prefer to take it out of the equation and use what you have instead for damage dealers I have set my Faisy up for Demon Chimera in Nemesis 1. She’s... umm, well my Faisy is a bit bit nuts. Her shift form in particular is built for her to stay in it the whole fight for resists and is using Sword of Kings to grant her a nethicite BS chain ability. Beyond that she has 200+ resist in both water and wind, 36k HP and 2656 in that shift form. The base is set up for pure amusement but feel free to use it if you want, she has just shy of 40k HP and 3300 SPR.

Enjoy!

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Rain&Fina this week, Lasswell&Raegen next week. Lassgen is a very very good unit, and will be especially good for the upcoming Scorn of Bahamit trial. This is mostly due to a new form of killers that the tag units get, which makes then do more damage (70% I think?) to enemies that have a broken break gauge. I'm less familiar with Rain&Fina, but they have the break gauge killer as well.

Looks like we'll be getting a free Fina&Dark Fina NVA as well? I have a single copy, so neat! I hope you didn't waste lapis buying the bundles that had this unit.

Cruor on
  • Options
    I think I have a single copy of the duo Fina/Dark Fina unit as well. Another NVA to add to the pile.

• Options
    Can someone explain the tag chain? Is it just another family? How does it work if I triple cast a tag skill? It chains with itself?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Tag skills chain with themselves, yes. A single unit with a tag chain will build a chain for a finisher/whatever. These chains usually fall into one of the existing chain families. Multicasting tag skills just makes the chain grow larger, the chain doesn't break.

Edit: The official trailer for the new tag units does a good job demonstrating the tag chains: https://youtu.be/tWpY91-ZQP4

Cruor on